General questions here

Was the issue of JA tweeting from jail ever dealt with?..
..and I saw on another forum that 'someone' recently started using JA's Facebook acct after a long hiatus.

Yes - it was brought before the judge and she ruled that there were no restrictions against Jodi tweeting from jail as it's not her jurisdiction. Those actions are controlled by the rules of the jail.

Were the gas cans ever recovered? We know she had three. Do we know if she burned them along with the rest of the evidence?

The gas cans were not returned to the original owner. Nor have they been entered into evidence.

Are there any pictures that prove that Travis and JA had consensual sex and that she was not somehow holding him against his will?

There was never a claim that their sex wasn't consensual, by any party involved in the case.

I thought I had read that one of Travis' roommates knew that JA arrived at the home, in the early morning on 6/4, since TA was peeved that she just showed up. Any one know if this is true?

TIA

MOO

:rockon:

Alexander's roommates believed he was out of town at the time of the murder and the day's following.

I've been searching through posts for an hour and I can't find the answer to, what happened to Matt and his testimony? I've heard nothing of it since some thought he may be called by JM?

I think he had a hand in all this. Where is he? Why wasn't he called by either side? I don't think he cut a deal, we would have heard about it. Did I miss something?

I've been searching through posts for an hour and I can't find the answer to, what happened to Matt and his testimony? I've heard nothing of it since some thought he may be called by JM?

I think he had a hand in all this. Where is he? Why wasn't he called by either side? I don't think he cut a deal, we would have heard about it. Did I miss something?

I don't believe he was ever called to testify by either the defense or the prosecution.

Were the gas cans ever recovered? We know she had three. Do we know if she burned them along with the rest of the evidence?

Are there any pictures that prove that Travis and JA had consensual sex and that she was not somehow holding him against his will?

I thought I had read that one of Travis' roommates knew that JA arrived at the home, in the early morning on 6/4, since TA was peeved that she just showed up. Any one know if this is true?

TIA

MOO

:rockon:

The only thing I remember from testimony is Jodi saying they were in her grandparents garage and she was going to take them back to Daryl next time she took another road trip that way.

first...

:welcome4:

to all the :newbie:s

these are a few comments and questions from the "sticky" Transcript Video thread:

Transcripts Video 3 Confer. Post #12:

21:10
DF: I wanted to know which pictures to show you. What about that one? (DF shows Jodi the photo of Travis sitting in the shower looking at her.) (Unintelligible last question to JA).

21:30
JA: Is he naked? In the shower?

DF: Yeah. Yep. Yes, he is.

21:51
JA: Travis would never go for that.
hmmm… and she said in testimony that he agreed with taking these pictures!! I believe she snuck back into the house when Travis thought she had left, and he went to take a shower, and she stabbed him first after that picture of Travis (full face) with water on his face.

Transcript Video 4 – Post #16:
19:53
JA: I didn’t even go to Mesa. Can you check, can you check (unintelligible… sounds like: the gas in the car???)
Could she have said, You can check the gas in the car – bingo – 3 gas cans!

Sam Transcript Video 4:
23:48
JA: I just have no reason to hurt Travis
23:30
DF: You do have a reason to hurt Travis.
23:52
JA: What would my reason possibly be?
23:54
DF: There’s a whole history of you two and everybody knows it.
23:57
JA: I have a whole history with other guys that go back years.
IMO – I believe she was “jealous” and “vindictive” – she was not going to Cancun and Travis just did not want her around anymore.

Video 7 – post #24
01:22
JA: We both have betrayed each other, but it was so long ago, you know. The last time we even talked about marriage on a serious level was when we were still dating over a year ago, and the last time he proposed to me, once…He proposed to me a lot of times, but he wasn’t always serious. He just kind of said it, “marry me” you know, as a joke. Umm…

01:43
FO: But how did that make you feel – when he said “marry me” as a joke? I mean, did you want it?
“How did that make you feel” LOL! Too much of that phrase in this trial. I don’t believe she has ANY kind of “feelings” – no empathy at all!

Also, I noticed someone mentioned the knives that were in her car – in the interrogation she says these were Darryl’s knives – anyone else “catch” that? I would think the police would have tested those knives they found, correct? I haven’t come across that anywhere – I don’t believe? But than again, I started late in following the trial – work! – so had to skip a bunch of threads to catch up with you all!

Their have been 3 suicides around JA and TA if what I have read on various threads is correct
1 A boyfriend before Matt McCartney

2.WOMAN who gave police anonymous tip off that her ex husband was involved in TA's murder

3 Josh Freeman, Dan Freemans brother who may have been the source of JA s paedophile story

This may be nothing but have these deaths been investigated in the aftermath of Travis's brutal killing and the connection with these three to JA.

Sorry, just to correct myself #2 the ex husband committed suicide not the wife and he killed himself the day JA was arrested.

Hello Websleuths! I haven't followed this trial really closely and have been catching up on it more recently.....I know that the prevailing view here on WS is that JA is guilty of murder 1. Clearly, she is guilty and has said so (after having lied persistantly and fabricated bizarre stories) however, has anyone else noticed that Travis looks *angry* in the photo that is the straight on face shot in the shower? To me, he looks angry there.....his eyes are narrowed and his lips are in a fixed position of what I perceive as ire. I know that this comment may provoke rotten tomatoes to be tossed at me, but before you do, just know that I am in no way saying that I think that JA is innocent. I do wonder however, if there is a kernal of truth to her story of what happened at the time of Travis's killing. I wonder if she did drop the camera and if he was indeed angry with her about it ....the piece seems believable to me when I look at the evidence of the timeline and the pics. I question why if her intent was to kill him, why she took so long to do it once she arrived at his home? Did she exhibit any rageful tendencies towards him in the past? Did she make any incriminating statements to others indicating that she would want him gone, etc? Am I the only WS member who doesn't take the view point of the prosecution hook, line, and sinker? I think that she is guilty. The case for pre-meditation is one that I am not convinced of....or at least not yet. The oil cans didn't seal the deal for me....nor did changing her hair color......the missing gun from her Grandfather's home is the most compelling thing to me. however, even if she took a gun with her was her intent to kill or to protect herself on a long journey? I wish that they could recover that gun. Anyway,there is my disjointed question/commentary. I have missed you all! xoxo

I have a question about the knife used to murderer Travis. Does anyone know if the investigators asked if any knives were missing from the families restaurant? I know from experience as a cook knives have to be razor sharp or very close to it, also I know all of my knives because I have favorites when it comes to preparing the food I cook. Her family having owned restaurants, Jodi being raised around these kitchens, working as waitress would provide ample opportunities to take one. Did any of these restaurants report to detectives knives or a knife misssing? It's Just something that I can't seem to find anywhere in this case. Thank you in advance. My apologies for the bad grammar.

Hello Websleuths! I haven't followed this trial really closely and have been catching up on it more recently.....I know that the prevailing view here on WS is that JA is guilty of murder 1. Clearly, she is guilty and has said so (after having lied persistantly and fabricated bizarre stories) however, has anyone else noticed that Travis looks *angry* in the photo that is the straight on face shot in the shower? To me, he looks angry there.....his eyes are narrowed and his lips are in a fixed position of what I perceive as ire. I know that this comment may provoke rotten tomatoes to be tossed at me, but before you do, just know that I am in no way saying that I think that JA is innocent. I do wonder however, if there is a kernal of truth to her story of what happened at the time of Travis's killing. I wonder if she did drop the camera and if he was indeed angry with her about it ....the piece seems believable to me when I look at the evidence of the timeline and the pics. I question why if her intent was to kill him, why she took so long to do it once she arrived at his home? Did she exhibit any rageful tendencies towards him in the past? Did she make any incriminating statements to others indicating that she would want him gone, etc? Am I the only WS member who doesn't take the view point of the prosecution hook, line, and sinker? I think that she is guilty. The case for pre-meditation is one that I am not convinced of....or at least not yet. The oil cans didn't seal the deal for me....nor did changing her hair color......the missing gun from her Grandfather's home is the most compelling thing to me. however, even if she took a gun with her was her intent to kill or to protect herself on a long journey? I wish that they could recover that gun. Anyway,there is my disjointed question/commentary. I have missed you all! xoxo

Windy City Girl - I think we share much of the same theories. We're certainly in the minority (but not alone).

I take the POV that a trial needs to play out to the very end. If that's the point where a jury is permitted to decide - that's the point I'd give myself freedom to choose a side.

But all in all, I've never been a pure fan of any side. IMO - truth is seldom black or white.

The murder weapons were never recovered. Should they come to light some time in the future - I think it would answer many, many questions.

But it's doubtful the weapons would be found now - so long after the crime. ...who knows?

JA's grandparent's gun was not 'taken' though. It was stolen in a robbery on their home along with other items. There was no evidence to connect Jodi to the robbery and she was never arrested for it. It was the same caliber as the gun that shot Travis.

That's all that is known for certain.

Opinion: If the murder weapons were recovered and the gun was the same as taken from her grandparent's home - murder 1 would be pretty much undeniable - as one doesn't burgle one's own grandparent's home to get a gun for self protection. You can simply purchase your own if protection is the goal or borrow one if it's for a long car ride.

Does the typographical error on the ME report constitute grounds for a mistrial or an appeal?

IS there a link as to the Jurors that are in "the 12" and analysis of their demeanor during the trial?

Has anyone ever met Matt McCartney?

Can someone please post a link or links for all of the closing arguments?

Thanks!

From my knowledge, Matt never testified. I did miss the early days of the trial...like maybe the first 2 weeks or so, but I"m pretty sure I would have heard about it by now.
In my opinion, what happened was that they had a hearing to determine if some pedophelia letters Jodi claimed Travis wrote or she wrote Travis or seomthing, anyway Jodi was trying to get those into evidence, and I believe that Matt was testifying in that one b/c Jodi claimed she had told Matt about Travis' pedo. From what Juan said yesterday when he said the secret magazine messages were for someone before the pedophelia hearing was supposed to take place. Anyway, don't knwo if Matt ever testified or not, but I'm guessing after that maybe the Judge wouldn't allow Matt's testimony in the trial b/c he was already caught in some kind of conspiracy thing with Jodi.

Windy City Girl - I think we share much of the same theories. We're certainly in the minority (but not alone).

I take the POV that a trial needs to play out to the very end. If that's the point where a jury is permitted to decide - that's the point I'd give myself freedom to choose a side.

But all in all, I've never been a pure fan of any side. IMO - truth is seldom black or white.

The murder weapons were never recovered. Should they come to light some time in the future - I think it would answer many, many questions.

But it's doubtful the weapons would be found now - so long after the crime. ...who knows?

JA's grandparent's gun was not 'taken' though. It was stolen in a robbery on their home along with other items. There was no evidence to connect Jodi to the robbery and she was never arrested for it. It was the same caliber as the gun that shot Travis.

That's all that is known for certain.

Opinion: If the murder weapons were recovered and the gun was the same as taken from her grandparent's home - murder 1 would be pretty much undeniable - as one doesn't burgle one's own grandparent's home to get a gun for self protection. You can simply purchase your own if protection is the goal or borrow one if it's for a long car ride.

Yeah, well the reason they can't find the gun is 'cause Jodi did something to it to make sure no one would be able to find it. And you talk about "grandparent's gun" like it's such a far reach from Jodi...would it better it's worded "gun from the same house Jodi was staying in?" So let's see....a gun was "stole' FROM THE SAME HOUSE SHE WAS LIVING IN...and then a few days later SHE KILLS SOMEONE with the same calibre gun. Remember Juan talked about the meaning of circumstantial evidence...you don't have to directly see her stealint the gun...from those two events we can logically come to a conclusion. And not just the gun, but using ALL the other evidence they have...put everything together. It's not just about one single thing, it's about all the evidence together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back