General questions here

There was discussion about how her mother can support her and someone posted information about how we're hardwired to support family. I believe they mentioned a book about how families deal with another family member's heinous acts. I can find the information about Dr. Michael Price but it appears that was in the form of an interview/article. I've searched and searched and cannot find anything. Does anyone know if in fact they were talking about a book that deals with this subject? Thank you in advance!

Not sure about discussions (I work a Lot!!) but with my limited knowledge of guns, I think Travis was hit in just the right place at just the right angle with a small enough caliber gun that the hollow point bullet didn't do more damage. Hollow points usually do cause quite a bit of damage.

There was quite a bit of discussion on the (now defunct?) 'Arias Sequence of Events' thread #2. Basically, there was no evidence presented that the bullet was a hollow point, but that doesn't mean it wasn't. Looking at a photo of the bullet recovered from Travis' cheek, the deformation did not appear to be very remarkable from that of a standard bullet. I think the 'hollow point' question didn't really serve either the defense or the prosecution, which is why we didn't hear much of anything about it.

Dave

my question is about the behaviors of the defense attornys- can they be disciplined for presenting a case that had no facts other than what the defendant told them I understand they have to do what they can to defend her but attacking the victim in they way they did - can they be held accountable in any way- can the victims family go after them for slander can j wimot be disciplined for her disrespect she exhibited to the court judge jury and prosecutor and co counsel - she was writing the entire time the prosecutor did his closing argument even during the brother' impact statement-isn't there a certain decorum that should be exhibited in court

What was the RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION of
---Jodi's Family Of Origin (Thx for FOO phrase, ALV);
---Jodi, when moved out of FOO's household?
---Jodi, when living w. D.Brewer?

IIRC,
--in trial Jodi referenced non-denominational Christian religion, when she told story about her serving table of older man w. Bible, then using that as reason to re-connect w. Bobby J, vampire hunter.(Not clear whether she was non-denom as well)
-- someone on this or other forum, said FOO was Catholic.

Any link, or anyone recall clearly what religion, if any, was claimed at trial (pre-LDS)? :seeya:

What was the RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION of
---Jodi's Family Of Origin (Thx for FOO phrase, ALV);
---Jodi, when moved out of FOO's household?
---Jodi, when living w. D.Brewer?

IIRC,
--in trial Jodi referenced non-denominational Christian religion, when she told story about her serving table of older man w. Bible, then using that as reason to re-connect w. Bobby J, vampire hunter.(Not clear whether she was non-denom as well)
-- someone on this or other forum, said FOO was Catholic.

Any link, or anyone recall clearly what religion, if any, was claimed at trial (pre-LDS)? :seeya:

She dabbled in Buddhism for a while. I don't know what boyfriend that was associated with though *smirk*, it was however one of her earlier dabblings.

She dabbled in Buddhism for a while. I don't know what boyfriend that was associated with though *smirk*, it was however one of her earlier dabblings.

IMO she aligns herself with any religion/ belief that will BENEFIT HER.

Question about JA's final story on what happened.

I've read a lot about this case but I didn't follow the trial live and I don't know much about JA's testimony--it seems mostly irrelevant stuff tended to get picked up and reposted a lot. (Maybe most of what she said was irrelevant?)

Meanwhile, I've seen endless speculation about the details of the murder itself--shot first v. stabbed first, what happened to the weapons, where did the gun come from (and where was she hiding it before she shot him?), etc.

Does JA not answer *any* of this in her 'self-defense' version of the story? I realize she can't really be believed on anything at this point, but did the prosecution not ever ask her what she did with the weapons, why she put the camera in the washer, etc?

JA female BFF has an arrested record for Heron and has been in rehab. Great, and if she has a relapse Monday, its about the only thing missing in this trial.

I'm not thinking JA will try for a TV in her cell, thinking more like a Karaoke machine so she can sing her religious songs ON HER HEAD.

Hi does anyone have an estimate as to how many days the penalty phase will last? I'd imagine statements from Patty, Darryl and Joi will take a couple of hours at most. Same with the closing statements.

Does this mean we could have only one more day of trial before the final deliberations?

Should only be 2-3 days. I would be surprised if it was more than that, but as you and I all know, this case has been full of surprises.

JA is a narcissist, so I anticipate that when she addresses the jury it will not be a ten-minute thing. I have a feeling she's going to be up there for a while.

Question about JA's final story on what happened.

I've read a lot about this case but I didn't follow the trial live and I don't know much about JA's testimony--it seems mostly irrelevant stuff tended to get picked up and reposted a lot. (Maybe most of what she said was irrelevant?)

Meanwhile, I've seen endless speculation about the details of the murder itself--shot first v. stabbed first, what happened to the weapons, where did the gun come from (and where was she hiding it before she shot him?), etc.

Does JA not answer *any* of this in her 'self-defense' version of the story? I realize she can't really be believed on anything at this point, but did the prosecution not ever ask her what she did with the weapons, why she put the camera in the washer, etc?

She claimed she was in a fog for all of those details (camera in washing machine, disposing of weapons etc.). Said she just "didn't remember," though this was devalued by Dr. Demarte, who was a key witness for the Prosecution and who, in my opinion, ultimate won it for the State.

She drove through the Hoover Dam and there has been a lot of speculation that that is where she disposed of the weapons. They'll never find them there.

I was gone all day, glad to see the jury is still deliberating. Anything else happen?

I didn't follow the trial and am now catching up on the details and following the verdicts.
I'm sure that it was discussed at some point on WS, but what are the theories on why she disposed of certain evidence yet washed the camera? Why didn't she take the card? That seems to be such a crucial piece of evidence and I am blown away that she decided to wash the camera. Why wash a camera?

I didn't follow the trial and am now catching up on the details and following the verdicts.
I'm sure that it was discussed at some point on WS, but what are the theories on why she disposed of certain evidence yet washed the camera? Why didn't she take the card? That seems to be such a crucial piece of evidence and I am blown away that she decided to wash the camera. Why wash a camera?
She didn't know that photos deleted off a card can be retrieved. She thought that washing the camera would get rid of fingerprints and DNA (from her blood).

Forensically, when you take a picture and it's on a memory card, the picture is physically stored and a reference is written in the file system. This basically tells the computer where to look for that image. When the photo is deleted, you're actually only removing that reference, so it's saying that there is still free space there to store other photos. Unless you overwrite it, the photo is still there and can be retrieved because it still exists. Only the reference was deleted.

Thank you for answering my question. Washing a camera just seems so odd to me, especially since she effectively disposed of the weapons. She could have at least smashed the card or tossed it in the Hoover Dam with other things. Very stupid oversight, but fortunate for the case.

Disregard please .. wrong forum.

Does anyone know where I can find the transcripts from Day 44? Any help would be appreciated. TIA

I haven't posted here in such a long time and I apologise if this is in the wrong place or out of content.

I'm so extremely upset about this case. I look at these crime scene photos and cringe every time. I cannot even try and imagine what this poor guy went through. He really seemed like such a decent and nice young man - and quite attractive

There is a few things in this case that I haven't completely wrapped my mind around - again I apologise if this is in the wrong place but please bear in mind, I live in South Africa and only came upon this case 2 weeks ago, so I don't know everything about this case.

1. How come noboby looked for Travis? It took them 5 days? That doesn't make any sense - especially not smelling decomposition....
2. How did she move his body around in such a short period of time? Is there no possibility that she perhaps had help?
3. I have read quite a bit of people thinking some sort of Mormon ritual / slaying / cleansing happened here - what is your thoughts?

Then I stumbled across this "jodi is innocent" website - goodness! You would think Travis begged to be murdered/butchered. Maybe he was abusive (emotionally/sexually) towards her but why didn't she just walk away?

Just me thinking out loud! And JMO!
And when I got into bed last night I realised it's exactly 5 years. I just get incredibly sad every time I look at this poor guy, left in that shower for 5 damn days, it's just so inhumane and cruel, I can't get that picture out of my head. RIP Travis. May justice be served in sentencing as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back