Geographical Profiling...

Something that has been rolling around in my mind... Was the Coastal Greenway not in existence when these ladies were killed and dumped? I just found something I think that says it was constructed in 2013?
I don't remember a Coastal Greenway in the area by the time I left in 2012, I will have to look it up, the name doesn't sound familiar. What is it, a nature/pedestrian section?

I guess it was built after the bodies were found and might preclude a killer from dumping bodies there... One would no longer able to get a vehicle as close to the bramble as in the past...?

1653316063429.png

I guess it was built after the bodies were found and might preclude a killer from dumping bodies there... One would no longer able to get a vehicle as close to the bramble as in the past...?

View attachment 345527

Nice stretch of bike path, they should have constructed that decades ago for bikers. There is a thin wire fence separating the main road & the bike path.....that would definitely make it hard for LISK to dump bodies in the bramble.

Has anyone thought that the work of the AC4 and GB4 are the same person? It's almost like AC was his first foray into killing and was farther from home, but still a place he was growing familiar with (say due to work related trips). AC is close enough to drive to from LI and somewhere he could be more anonymous. And as the years passed he became more bold having gotten away with enough crimes to move his turf closer and closer to his home? The AC4 being killed farthest away from his home... then hiring the first 2 of the GB4 in the city, then picking up the last 2 further East on LI?

I think this guy lives further East than the Geo-typing maps predict and there has been a pattern of moving in general more towards his "hood." Also, the women found in AC were left in the open so the burlap makes sense as he learned he needed to camouflage the bodies.

Has anyone thought that the work of the AC4 and GB4 are the same person? It's almost like AC was his first foray into killing and was farther from home, but still a place he was growing familiar with (say due to work related trips). AC is close enough to drive to from LI and somewhere he could be more anonymous. And as the years passed he became more bold having gotten away with enough crimes to move his turf closer and closer to his home? The AC4 being killed farthest away from his home... then hiring the first 2 of the GB4 in the city, then picking up the last 2 further East on LI?

I think this guy lives further East than the Geo-typing maps predict and there has been a pattern of moving in general more towards his "hood." Also, the women found in AC were left in the open so the burlap makes sense as he learned he needed to camouflage the bodies.

I dont think the GB4 were the only victims in NY for LISK, the other bodies on the same stretch of Gilgo are his doings also imo.

As far as the AC4, tough to say......if you look where the women were placed behind the Golden Key Motel, it doesnt look like he was trying to hide the victims. To me, its a local from AC, because the killer would have to know the bodies werent found to keep going back to dump another body.

You would also think to get back there with a car, you have to know how to get back there, not easy, because im assuming he would drive the body back there to dump.....unless he was taking the girls behind the motel to get high, etc..& ended up strangling them. But I doubt he did that, im assuming he would drop off the bodies & take off.

Also, I dont know if the AC detectives have a DNA profile.....I thought they did since theyve taken several mens DNA to test.

With that said, could LISK also be the Eastbound Strangler? Possibly, but imo, I dont think so.......

View attachment 345527

Yep, that was definitely not there when I lived on Long Island. Sorry it took a little time to reply, I deal with PTSD, and sometimes need a bit of time to avoid, then come back and reprocess if something reminds me.

It is nice, and I'm sure has deterred any further activity in that area (one can only hope). I personally can't imagine being able to enjoy the area after the bodies were found, but people deal with things differently, and that's just my personal experience.

I don't think that the AC4 and GB4 are work of the same person, but those are just my thoughts. Unless there is a POI or POIs out there who had intimate knowledge of both that particular area in New Jersey and also the Gilgo area, and was equally comfortable in both areas. IMO.

Have you listened to the LISK podcasts? Episode 1: A Suspect & Mistakes Made which came out in July 2021, they talk about a POI who wasnt on the detectives radar before & was given to detectives by a forensic accountant using geographic profiling.

They said hes married with kids, a wealthy businessman who owns a company with access to vans/trucks & has done work on Oak beach/Gilgo beach. He also works in downtown Manhattan around where the phone calls came from when he called Melissa sister. He also owns a boat.....he also lives only a few miles away from the last know victim, Amber Costello.

He also has access to empty homes & many other homes from what I understood in the podcast.

All this supposed information will be given to detectives but who knows if anything will come of it.

Also, I wonder once they catch LISK, will he have been on anyone's radar like the Golden State Killer was a total surprise for everyone, even the FBI & local police, because DeAngelo was never a name that was brought up in the case.

I'm also wondering will it be a name that we heard of before or never on anyone's radar.

The geographic profiling is unique & it will probably help in catching him.
Great podcast but we have no way to know if this POI has been looked at before or not by detectives. They do not know if he has been on the detectives radar is what they actually say. They can only speculate.

Great podcast but we have no way to know if this POI has been looked at before or not by detectives. They do not know if he has been on the detectives radar is what they actually say. They can only speculate.

Remembering back to the Golden State Killer case, detectives had quite a few really good suspects/POI's from what theyve stated over the years but none of them panned out.....then in 2018 Joseph DeAngelo gets busted thru genealogy DNA testing, & hes the guy that was never on anyones radar, never a POI or suspect.

As for the LISK podcast, could easily be the same thing, where several POI's look promising but are not the LISK suspect.

Yep, that was definitely not there when I lived on Long Island. Sorry it took a little time to reply, I deal with PTSD, and sometimes need a bit of time to avoid, then come back and reprocess if something reminds me.

It is nice, and I'm sure has deterred any further activity in that area (one can only hope). I personally can't imagine being able to enjoy the area after the bodies were found, but people deal with things differently, and that's just my personal experience.
@Bose I just discovered all your posts in the GB4 ONLY thread and it is truly fascinating how much thought and research you've put into this. I am sorry your experience was traumatizing but I know I am grateful you've put yourself out here for healing.

@Bose I just discovered all your posts in the GB4 ONLY thread and it is truly fascinating how much thought and research you've put into this. I am sorry your experience was traumatizing but I know I am grateful you've put yourself out here for healing.
Hopefully everyone will find resolution to this, someday, the entire LISK issue, whether GB4, the Does, Shannan, even the AC killings. All the families deserve and need closure, and the victims need peace and dignity kept with their names. Anything I can do to help others heal, or have some resolution, I'm happy to do. If I can help others, it helps the PTSD, too. Just another person, looking for answers! Thanks for the note, it was kind of you!

View attachment 345527
I left almost a decade before you did @Bose. That paved path is pretty, indeed! I don't think I could ride by some areas, unless I was in a large pack of riders. I don't know how you felt, but when I was there, I rarely stopped to get gas after dark on parts of the L.I.E. One evening I was driving back from visiting friends who lived just outside NYC, not far from that end of the expressway. I had to drive to the other end, and it was dark. I pulled in to fill up somewhere mid-island, and I got a terrible feeling of dread and impending danger. In my many years of travel there and elsewhere, that feeling only came over me that one time. But it was scary enough that I tried very hard not to fill up after dark again. I've tried to identify that gas station to see where I was exactly, but no luck so far.

I left almost a decade before you did @Bose. That paved path is pretty, indeed! I don't think I could ride by some areas, unless I was in a large pack of riders. I don't know how you felt, but when I was there, I rarely stopped to get gas after dark on parts of the L.I.E. One evening I was driving back from visiting friends who lived just outside NYC, not far from that end of the expressway. I had to drive to the other end, and it was dark. I pulled in to fill up somewhere mid-island, and I got a terrible feeling of dread and impending danger. In my many years of travel there and elsewhere, that feeling only came over me that one time. But it was scary enough that I tried very hard not to fill up after dark again. I've tried to identify that gas station to see where I was exactly, but no luck so far.
Spooky! Glad all turned out ok. I didn't have my driver's license when living on Long Island. Took for me to be a few years away from LI to finally get it. I tried when I was there, but just couldn't pass my tests. I was born in the city, and was afraid of driving in my 30s, so was mostly picked up by friends and driven around, car service, or LIRR for me at the time.

I wasn't familiar with the LIE area too much, but I can agree that at night in certain areas of the island, it could be extremely quiet. Some areas had dense traffic, seemingly no matter what time of day and into night, and other areas (even off main routes, like LIE), could be a little while before another car was seen, and the road was relatively open with little traffic. I probably wouldn't have wanted to be in your position! It must have been a stark contrast to the area during the daytime.

There were usually cars at night around in my area, but I was close to the Southern State Pkwy and a few other major roads. Other spots, it could be very quiet, I do remember that! I guess depends on the population in the particular area, and if there were residences. Residential population probably made a difference in my case, lots of suburban housing and people coming and going at different hours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back