George and Cindy in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused somewhat by some of the posts on this thread. On one hand we have some that have no problem with "someone" taking cell phone pics of George and Cindy and selling/giving them to the media for others to see. On the other hand we have some that have a huge problem with it as it violates the privacy of George and Cindy and that this is not news and should be ignored. Now, here's my problem and why I am confused.....those that seem to have a problem with this being in the news decided to click on not only this thread but also the media link to the photos. If George and Cindy should be left alone and should have the right to go to a store without "someone" taking photos of them, then why is it alright for people to talk about that here and view those photos that should have not been taken in the first place?

If I don't agree with something and feel that it is wrong I surely would not click on a link that promotes that wrong doing. But that's just me.

MOO

I think it's all just silly. CA has proven herself, in my opinion to be a media hound. I say she got Lip man on the phone and said..Hey, ya wanna have some fun. He then called security. I think their worst nightmare now would to be forgotten by the public. At least a part of their income depends on their foundation making money. Maybe they were shopping for a pair of boots so they can load the boat up and go search for something. Yes, my sarcasm has run amuck today. I am totally disappointed that ABC is running their clips of the interview trying to drum up enough curiosity from the public to feed their ratings. Not gonna work with me, I think these people have said enough. As a grandma I had sympathy for their loss up until they made a choice between justice for their granddaughter or their antics to defend their daughter and in the end help her avoid the punishment for her crime and now line their pockets using their grandaughter, missing children and other grandparents to do this.

I am confused somewhat by some of the posts on this thread. On one hand we have some that have no problem with "someone" taking cell phone pics of George and Cindy and selling/giving them to the media for others to see. On the other hand we have some that have a huge problem with it as it violates the privacy of George and Cindy and that this is not news and should be ignored. Now, here's my problem and why I am confused.....those that seem to have a problem with this being in the news decided to click on not only this thread but also the media link to the photos. If George and Cindy should be left alone and should have the right to go to a store without "someone" taking photos of them, then why is it alright for people to talk about that here and view those photos that should have not been taken in the first place?

If I don't agree with something and feel that it is wrong I surely would not click on a link that promotes that wrong doing. But that's just me.

MOO
Oh Dear! Now you gone ahead and said what most of us have been thinking while we've filled ten pages of a thread discussing nothing.....:innocent:

I thought we were having a Seinfeld moment.....:waitasec:

MOO

I too was confused MOO

The line you quoted, "Face reality, we saw enough of how much the Anthonys love the media for 3 years. They're likely going through withdrawal now by comparison." - even the most staunch Anthony supporter can't deny the reality that the Anthonys have an unhealthy obsession with the cameras.

And that includes all 3 years they played this case for everything it was worth, including and especially, dollar$ in their pockets.

BBM

that and i think the As have an unhealthy obsession with THEMSELVES! Narcissism abounds in that family. They give a new meaning to "Self importance".
Sorry, but if I saw them in a mall, I would have to give them a piece of my mind and tell them all the horrible things I feel about their actions past and present.

THEY put themselves into the limelight constantly and along with their infamous "celebrity" status, comes notoriety!
I mean, if u saw Lil Wayne or Katy Perry shopping in a Belks in a small town in N. Carolina, I'm sorry, the media would be all over it!

I think it was smart for security to be called. If I was there, I probably would have caused a scene and perhaps a "gang" mentality would have prevailed. They would definitely need protection from what I have to say to them and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I'm only quoting you because your post contained the link with this line in it.

"The shopper says the man had a "We Miss You Caylee" bracelet on his wrist and the couple drove a vehicle with Florida tags. "

So not only did the shopper take a video and call security because they felt "uneasy", they actually followed the Anthonys long enough to follow them to their car.

I find it hard to believe that anyone felt so uneasy that they needed to call sercurity, but still had the nerve to video the Anthonys and stalk them to their car when they left.

I totally agree!

I didn't say a thing about expressing opinions. I've been talking about the peculiar behavior of this person at the mall.

I haven't seen the Anthonys in the media myself for weeks, but then I don't go looking for them. At malls or anywhere else.

Funny how they always seem to "show up" though :waitasec:

They showed up at a mall to shop. A person with a cell phone took it upon themselves to tape them and send/sell/hand the video to the media.

For me personally, I don't give a "rat's behind" where the Anthony's shop as long as they don't use the money donated to their foundation(s). :saythat:

For me personally, I don't give a "rat's behind" where the Anthony's shop as long as they don't use the money donated to their foundation(s). :saythat:

Oh but they will be, so stay tuned. Lippman has already announced that factoid.

When I think about these people and this case I always go back to the beginning. Remember the phone call from FICA to CA. I saw your little cameo..CA, which one? FICA...what do you mean which one? CA...I did 3 and only have had a chance to watch one...The grandaughter is missing and the daughter is in jail and the most important thing these two can discuss is media appearances. Do you remember the message left by CA to TM? Remember the finger pointing by CA...Zanny did it, JG did it, a stranger did it. Then came JB..GA did it, RK did it. The fact is a little girl is dead and no one did it. Thats why I come here to check in. I want answers I'm never going to get, not from this family anyway. The only people I saw trying to find out who did it was the prosecution and LE. I'm on disability and I can't afford to go shopping and I'd never make it through a store with my back. My vehicle has 200,000 miles on it and I can't afford to drive around in a new vehicle so wheres the money coming from. Maybe it ticks people off because the last honest statement we heard was the 3rd 911 call and from then on maybe we think we saw a certain person use the sympathy given to destroy evidence, commit perjury, twist and turn the truth until no one recognized it anymore. No one was held accountable for this childs death and now we are asked to turn our backs and leave these people alone. We might but they won't go away!

When I think about these people and this case I always go back to the beginning. Remember the phone call from FICA to CA. I saw your little cameo..CA, which one? FICA...what do you mean which one? CA...I did 3 and only have had a chance to watch one...The grandaughter is missing and the daughter is in jail and the most important thing these two can discuss is media appearances. Do you remember the message left by CA to TM? Remember the finger pointing by CA...Zanny did it, JG did it, a stranger did it. Then came JB..GA did it, RK did it. The fact is a little girl is dead and no one did it. Thats why I come here to check in. I want answers I'm never going to get, not from this family anyway. The only people I saw trying to find out who did it was the prosecution and LE. I'm on disability and I can't afford to go shopping and I'd never make it through a store with my back. My vehicle has 200,000 miles on it and I can't afford to drive around in a new vehicle so wheres the money coming from. Maybe it ticks people off because the last honest statement we heard was the 3rd 911 call and from then on maybe we think we saw a certain person use the sympathy given to destroy evidence, commit perjury, twist and turn the truth until no one recognized it anymore. No one was held accountable for this childs death and now we are asked to turn our backs and leave these people alone. We might but they won't go away!
Reading your post brings it all back, so clear and concise.
IMO, this is why so many people can't stand the Anthonys, it's their
sense of entitlement and their obnoxious, belligerent behavior.
It's almost as though they enjoy doing things to irk the public, then go home and laugh about it.

No, it doesn't go with the territory. Just because someone does interviews doesn't mean that the rest of the general public (or at least the segment that has way too much time on their hands) should become paparazzi-wannabees. Of course, they CAN do that if they want to. But IMO, they make themselves look completely foolish. And, thankfully, those who are fascinated with the Anthonys to the point that they'd do such a thing are few and far between.

Well I disagree. When you have the option of laying low and getting through your crisis but you instead, decide to thrust yourself into the public eye then you take the good that comes to you with the media spotlight with the bad. You can't have it both ways. Everyone who becomes involved with the media knows this. They have to live in the bed they made. It's nobody's fault but their own and their spawn. CA thought she was going to control everything but those who see through it find her shameful and they have a right to.

You or I may not react the way these people in NC did, but when you become a public figure - a celebrity - it does go with the territory.

I was just in statesville this weekend.. huh interesting

On the other hand we have some that have a huge problem with it as it violates the privacy of George and Cindy and that this is not news and should be ignored. Now, here's my problem and why I am confused.....those that seem to have a problem with this being in the news decided to click on not only this thread but also the media link to the photos. If George and Cindy should be left alone and should have the right to go to a store without "someone" taking photos of them, then why is it alright for people to talk about that here and view those photos that should have not been taken in the first place?

I click on a lot of threads and links. After all, I can't know what they're about unless I click, right? And after I have clicked, I have an opinion about what I've read, just like anybody else. Sometimes I share that opinion, sometimes I don't. In this instance, I did. I don't think it's really anything to be confused about or to have a problem with, because it's the same thing everybody does. Click, read, and either post or move along to something else.

In the same way, those who have problems with the defense team or the defendant or her family click on threads and links about them and post about them, so what's the difference?

(quoted post snipped for length by me)

But we do NOT want the Ants to become Duke fans. Let them be Tar Heels, NOT Dukies!

I live about 30 minutes from Signal Hill Mall in Statesville. It is north of Charlotte on
I-77. That is a route many Floridians take North. It is a very small mall in fact not much of a mall. I can see how they would stand out. There is not a lot of traffic in the mall it's self.

Another thing I thought of is Iredell County (Statesville, Davidson and Mooresville NC) is right on Lake Norman an area of expensive multi-million dollar homes and home to many NASCAR drivers. Could they be buying a lake front home? If that is the case I am certain one of the Charlotte TV stations will let us know. I doubt that though it would take more money than an interview on Dr. P to buy a home in that area.

I just believe they were on their way to Ohio and perhaps stopping for the night or a little rest.

We went to this mall on saturday, and its a major dead mall. And statesville, imo, is a crappy town. Really run down..

Well I disagree. When you have the option of laying low and getting through your crisis but you instead, decide to thrust yourself into the public eye then you take the good that comes to you with the media spotlight with the bad. You can't have it both ways. Everyone who becomes involved with the media knows this. They have to live in the bed they made. It's nobody's fault but their own and their spawn. CA thought she was going to control everything but those who see through it find her shameful and they have a right to.

You or I may not react the way these people in NC did, but when you become a public figure - a celebrity - it does go with the territory.

Exactly. Look at Lee. He works ,is planning a wedding, keeps a low profile and he's left alone.

I can understand why the people at the mall felt uncomfortable and called security. Quite a few years ago a man that frequented the restaurant that I worked in was arrested for rape. While he was out on bond I saw him at another restaurant. I became physically ill, but did make it to the restroom before loosing my lunch. I was fearful of him even though I was in a public place and he had never done me any harm. He was later found guilty, but at that time he hadn't had his trial. For three years people have watched the rage of the Anthony's. Confronting protesters and egging them on with hammering the signs in thier yards instead of having one of the security people do it for them. Coming out of thier house when penny's were thrown at with a baseball bat and waterhose instead of staying in the house waiting for LE to arrive. The "pitbull on a lunge" during the depo. Add to that being accused by the defense of the child molestation. Yes, I can see why people would feel uncomfortable and ask that security keep a watchful eye in case something were to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine