George and Cindy's Contempt

By showing such contempt are George and Cindy hurting their daughter's case?

• Yes, but they are blinded by family loyality

Votes: 112 27.0%
  • Yes, but they are not getting good legal advice as to how to behave

Votes: 41 9.9%
  • Yes, but they act this way because they subconsiously know she did it

Votes: 253 61.0%
  • No, they are displaying normal grieving emotions

Votes: 9 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What got me the most was CA with that flipping water bottle. And CA constantly chewing like a cow, mouth open and all. Shows such lack of class and decency and respect. My mother would have slapped that gum right outa my mouth.
I am astounded that CA thinks her family is so special that all and sundry would babysit for them and not be compensated? What sort of people expect others to babysit for them free of charge? Huh?D-Y-S-F-U-N-C-T-I-O-N-A-L....Eish.

IMO the evidence released to the public regarding the murder of Caylee leads to one person: the mother, KC. If she is found guilty, KC is no different than anyone else who kills their child. If it were possible for the A's to step outside of the role as her parents and look at the case as if it were someone else's daughter who was accused of causing the death to her child, based upon the evidence presented to the public, they, too, I believe, would suspect her guilt. However, IMO, this is a lesson for them to learn from (which I doubt they will). If they would have abstained from lying, from involving themselves in coverups to obstruct the investigation, and just told the truth, this case would have taken a very different direction. Again, this situation has evolved for them the way it has due to their bad choices and decision making.

ITA.

If we think they have behaved badly until now, just wait.

if they had not have accepted KC's story
if they had not added support to the story
if they had not let her be bonded out the first time
if they had not gotten PI's involved
if they had not let the world know that the only people who support KC are liars (and kind of mean)
maybe she would have told the truth along time ago
and maybe, just maybe, their only daughter would not be facing death row

once this sinks in, they are gonna be :furious:

ITA.

If we think they have behaved badly until now, just wait.

if they had not have accepted KC's story
if they had not added support to the story
if they had not let her be bonded out the first time
if they had not gotten PI's involved
if they had not let the world know that the only people who support KC are liars (and kind of mean)
maybe she would have told the truth along time ago
and maybe, just maybe, their only daughter would not be facing death row

once this sinks in, they are gonna be :furious:

IF it ever sinks in, which I highly doubt will ever happen.
Something tells me that their inflated & fragile egos won't ever allow that to occur.
If it did, that would mean they had faced the cold, hard, ugly TRUTH.
About their daughter, about what she is and what she did.
And about themselves.
For them, I believe it's easier to blame others instead of owning up and taking responsibility.
IMHO, holding themselves accountable is something entirely foreign to them.
Concerning their potential ugly behavior in the future, ITA.
We haven't seen nothing yet.

One would think that they are receiving mental health counseling ... especially to come to terms with "reality". They are entitled to continue to love their child, entitled to their opinions, etc., but to exhibit such behavior that contradicts logic is insane.

Of course they are hurting Casey's case just because they continue to speak out about her innocence. They need to keep out of the public eye.
But, like TrY says guilt keeps them involved.
Casey's guilt is their guilt. I believe they see her behavior reflects upon them as parents. They are trying so hard to undo so many things that took place - the 911 call on the smell of death in the car, how they sounded in the recorded jail visits to their daughter. These things must be killing them. They want so much to erase their image they can't contain themselves.
Like marla said, they are saving face.
These are superfical people. They are so insecure they will take any means to change public opinion about themselves and what Casey is accused of doing. They are so determined, they have completely overlooked the fact there is a dead child, their own grandchild, involved in this horrible situation.
Blinded by guilt, Cindy and George have left common sense and any intelligence behind.
I am sick of hearing from them.
jmo

Very new to posting, but long time lurker. I'm not sure how to vote. The As remind me of small children that want there way and want it now. They really seem to believe that if they cover their ears and keep saying "NOT TRUE! NANNY DID IT! ROTTEN PIZZA! KC GOOD MOM! " long enough that it will be so and everyone will just leave them alone. Not sure where that fits. Blinded?

Not that it will happen, but I would love to hear from Shirley P., regarding CA's upbringing. Was she always so determined, controlling & beligerant, no matter the cost?

thats the closest I could get too. - blinded by the loyalty they feel impelled to display for each other. We get that. You are sticking together, you are standing back to back against the world.

Sorry, but I didn't see that same fiercely loyal defense of Caylee . Who covered her back?

I would run far and fast if I were Mallory, because I dont see her being made room to fit in between the 4 remaining spaces in the club.

Can you imagine the prospect of marrying into this snarled nest of dysfunction, having a baby and EVER having a hope in he!! of winning an argument with your husband?

For the rest of their lives, regardless of what happens to Casey, their lives will be stuck in orbit around her, by their own choice. There will never be anything left over for any other events, or family moments. It will all be about Casey. She pretty much accomplished what she wanted by killing Caylee. she won the Anthony's Idol spot from her daughter by default. Kill the competition. A brief memorial acknowledging the death of Caylee, and it's time for each take their place in orbit around Casey.

there is nothing else for this family now but maintain the front of support.

The kindest thing society could do for those who are outside of the cell, is to put Casey to death. It's the only way they will ever be freed from her. Even Cindy cant argue with death.

Before I responded, I went back to the 911 calls. This was day 1 of the unravelling of the case.
I think the Anthonys should have done more to obtain LE assistance (a wellness check is non confrontational) before the 31 days.
The calls show how Caylee was somehow secondary even back then. Cindy calls to report theft not a missing child, Caylee is almost an afterthought.

I've colored talk of money/stuff in green and Caylee in red. (and I tiny texted the additional chat for ease of reading).

Orlando Police Department: Hello.
Cindy Anthony: Hi, I drove to the Police Department here on Pershing [Avenue, in Orlando], but you guys are closed. I need to bring someone in to the Police Department. Can you tell me where I can -- the closest one I can come in to?
OPD: What are you trying to accomplish by bringing them to the station?
Cindy: I have a 22-year-old person that has, um, grand theft, sitting in my auto with me.
OPD: So the 22-year-old person stole something?
Cindy: Yes.
OPD: Is this a relative?
OPD: Where did they steal it from?
Cindy: Um, my car, and also money.
OPD: OK, is this your son?
Cindy: Daughter.
OPD: OK, so your daughter stole money from your car?
Cindy: No, my car was stolen. We've retrieved it today. We found out where it was at, and retrieved it. I've got that, and I've got affidavits for my banking account. I want to bring her in. I want to press charges.
OPD: Where -- where did all of this happen?
Cindy: Oh, it -- it's been happening.
OPD: I know, but I need to establish a jurisdiction, is what I'm trying --
Cindy: Oh, I live in -- um, in Orlando.
OPD: Yeah, but what address did these thefts occur at?
Cindy: Um, well I guess my residence, I guess.
OPD: What's that? OK.
Cindy Anthony gives the officer her address.
OPD: That's actually going to be in the jurisdiction of the Sheriff's Office, ma'am.
Cindy: OK.
OPD: Not the Orlando Police Department.
Cindy: All righty.
OPD: Let me transfer you over to the Communications section for Orange County.
Cindy: OK, now is the Orlando sheriff's department the one on 436, that -- is that open this afternoon or this evening?
OPD: Um, the substation you're at, on Pershing, if it's Orlando police, we're open primarily during the day.
Cindy: Uh-huh.
OPD: But that's not the sheriff's. That's a city police, which does not have jurisdiction for your address.
Cindy: Right. I know of the Sheriff's Department on 5th -- I mean on 436.
OPD: Well, what I'm going to do, is I'm going to transfer you to the Sheriff's Comunications section, and you can, um, determine that. Hold on.
The officer transfers the call.

(Cindy isn't reporting the next bit, just chatting to KC so I didn't highlight it)
Cindy:(speaking to Casey Anthony) Because my next thing will be down to child (inaudible) and we'll have a court order to get her. If that's what you want to play, then we'll do it, and you'll never
Casey Anthony: Well, that's not the way I want to (inaudible)
Cindy: Well, then you have --
Casey: Give me one more day.
Cindy: No, I'm not giving you another day. I've given you a month.

SECOND CALL - I don't know how much later this call was made

Dispatch: 911, what’s happening?
Cindy: Umm…I have someone here that I need to, umm, be arrested, in my home.
Dispatch: They’re there right now?
Cindy: And I have a possible missing child. I have a 3-year-old that’s been missing for a month.
Dispatch: A 3-year-old?
Dispatch: Have you reported that?
Cindy: I’m trying to do that now ma’am.
Dispatch: OK, what did the person do that you need arrested?
Cindy: My daughter.
Dispatch: For what?
Cindy: For stealing an auto and stealing money. I already spoke with someone they said they would patch me through the Orlando, umm, Sheriff’s Department, have a deputy here. I was in the car, I was going to drive her to the police station and no one … They said they would bring a deputy to my home. When I got home to call them.Dispatch: So she stole your vehicle?
Dispatch: When did she do that?
Cindy: Umm on the 30th. I just got it back from the impound. I’d like to speak to an officer. Can you have someone come out to my house?
Dispatch: OK. OK. I have to ask you these questions so I can put them in in the call OK?
Dispatch: The 30th of June?
Cindy: Yes
Dispatch: OK, how old is your daughter?
Cindy: 22.
Dispatch: OK, what’s her name?
Cindy: My name?
Dispatch: Her name.
Cindy: Her name?
Dispatch: And you said you have this vehicle back?
Cindy: Yes. And I have the, umm, statements.
Dispatch: She’s there right now?
Cindy: Yes I got her. I finally found her after a month. She’s been missing for a month. I found her, but we can’t find my granddaughter.
Cindy: Umm, 5 foot, 1-and-a-half.
Dispatch: Thin, medium or heavy-built?
Cindy: Thin.
Dispatch: Color hair?
Cindy: Brown.
Dispatch: What color, uh, shirt is she wearing?
Cindy: White.
Dispatch: What color pants?
Cindy: Ohh, they’re shorts. They're, umm, plaid. They’re like pink and teal and white and black. Plaid.
Dispatch: Does she have any weapons on her?
Cindy: No.
Dispatch: Is she not telling you where her daughter is?
Cindy: Correct.
Dispatch: OK, we’ll have a deputy out to you as soon as one is available. OK
Cindy: Thank you.
Dispatch: Thank you.
Dispatch: Bye.

The THIRD 911 call is about Caylee, since KC has now 'admitted' she's been kidnapped. Mention is made that this is TWO hours after the first call.

Dispatch: 911. What’s your emergency?
Cindy: I called a little bit ago. The deputy sheriff ‘s (inaudible). My granddaughter has been taken. She has been missing for a month. Her mother finally admitted that she’s been missing. I want someone here now.
Dispatch: OK, what is the address that you’re calling from?
Cindy: We’re talking about a 3-year-old little girl. My daughter finally admitted that the babysitter stole her. I need to find her.
Dispatch: Your daughter admitted that the baby is where?
Cindy: That the babysitter took her a month ago. That my daughter’s been looking for. I told you my daughter was missing for a month. I just found her today, but I can’t find my granddaughter. She just admitted to me that she’s been trying to find her herself. There’s something wrong. I found my daughter’s car today, * she just reported this car stolen - now it's her daughters car?* and it smells like there’s been a dead body in the damn car.
Dispatch: Ok what is the 3-year-old’s name?
Cindy: Caylee. C-A-Y-L-E-E Anthony.
Dispatch: Caylee Anthony?
Dispatch: OK, is she white, black or Hispanic?
Cindy: She’s white.
Dispatch: How long has she been missing for?
Cindy: I have not seen her since the 7th of June.
Dispatch: What is her date of birth?
Cindy: Um, 8, 9, um, oh god, she’s 3. 2005. So it’s Caylee missing? Caylee’s missing! Casey said Zani took her a month ago. She said that she found, um ….
Dispatch: OK, I understand. Can you just, can you calm down for me for just a minute? I need to know what’s going on, OK? I’m gonna try and …
Cindy: We’re so worried we can barely keep still. (sobbing)
Dispatch: Is your daughter there?
Cindy: (in the background) I’m on the phone with them.
Dispatch: Is your daughter there?
Dispatch: Can I speak with her? Do you mind if I speak with her? Thank you.
Cindy: (in the background) I called them two hours ago, and they haven’t gotten here. Casey finally admitted that Zani took her a month ago. I have to try and find her.
Dispatch: Ma’am, Ma’am.
Cindy: (in the background) Casey. Here, it’s the sheriff’s department. They want to talk with you. Answer their questions.
Casey: Hello?
Dispatch: Hello.
Casey: Yes
Dispatch: Hi. What can you, can you tell me what’s doing on a little bit?
Casey: I’m sorry?
Dispatch: Can you tell me a little bit of what’s going on?
Casey: My daughter’s been missing for the last 31 days.
Dispatch: And you know who has her?
Casey: I know who has her. I’ve tried to contact her. I actually received a phone call today. Now from a number that is no longer in service. I did get to speak to my daughter for about a moment, about a minute.
Dispatch: OK, did you guys call and report a vehicle stolen?
Casey: Um, yes, my mom did.

Dispatch: OK, so there’s been a vehicle stolen too?
Casey: No, this was my vehicle.
Dispatch: What vehicle was stolen?
Casey: Um, it’s a ’98 Pontiac Sunfire.

Dispatch: OK, I have deputies on the way to you right now for that. But now your, now your 3-year-old daughter is missing? Caylee Anthony?
Casey: Yes. Caylee Marie Anthony.
Dispatch: White female.
Casey: Yes, white female.
Dispatch: 3 years old? 8/9/2005 her date of birth?
Casey: Yes.
Dispatch: And you last saw her a month ago?
Casey: 31 days. Um, 31 days.
Dispatch: Who has her? Do you have a name?
Casey: Her name is Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez.
Dispatch: Who is that? The babysitter?
Casey: She’s been my nanny for about a year and a half, almost two years.
Dispatch: Why are you calling now? Why didn’t you call 31 days ago?
Casey: I’ve been looking for her and have gone through other resources to try to find her, which is stupid.
Dispatch: OK, can you, can you give me the name of the nanny again? Like spell it out for me?
Casey: Zenaida Z-E-N-A-I-D-A
Dispatch: Last name?
Casey: Fernandez.
Dispatch: Fernandez?
Casey: Fernandez-Gonzalez. I think the officers are here.
Dispatch: The officers are there?
Casey: Yes.
Dispatch: OK, hold on for a second. Don’t hang up with me yet. OK

The Anthony family have been playing a dangerous game of brinkmanship with KC for a while - I can't believe that it was at least 2 hours between call 1 and call 3.
IF they'd have reported a missing child instead of missing money, LE would have arrived much sooner, and BEFORE Casey was able to come up with the kidnapping story.

LawRig~"there lives will be stuck in orbit around her"....says it all, doesn't it? Something tells me it's been that way for a long time, just now taken to a whole new level.

Of course they are hurting Casey's case just because they continue to speak out about her innocence. They need to keep out of the public eye.
But, like TrY says guilt keeps them involved.
Casey's guilt is their guilt. I believe they see her behavior reflects upon them as parents. They are trying so hard to undo so many things that took place - the 911 call on the smell of death in the car, how they sounded in the recorded jail visits to their daughter. These things must be killing them. They want so much to erase their image they can't contain themselves.
Like marla said, they are saving face.
These are superfical people. They are so insecure they will take any means to change public opinion about themselves and what Casey is accused of doing. They are so determined, they have completely overlooked the fact there is a dead child, their own grandchild, involved in this horrible situation.
Blinded by guilt, Cindy and George have left common sense and any intelligence behind.
I am sick of hearing from them.
jmo

Technically, this last appearance can't be confused as making a public appearance, but I agree that their only goal is damage control over THEIR image. I do not believe for one second they care what anyone else thinks of Casey, nor do they care nearly so much for saving her a$$ from death row. What they want is to make certain THEY aren't the parents of a death row convict, guilty of killing her own child....the most hated crime around.

I think if she were able to, Cindy would save the State room and board until they put Casey to death. I don't think she'd hesitate, either.

I wish someone would ask CA and GA what THEY think HAPPENED. Maybe Oprah will.

It seems on any given day it could be the nanny is real because there is a dog that seems to be real and if there is a dog then there must be a nanny. Or maybe Zanny is a code word for JG or AH.

Then I wish they would ask CA and GA if they believe KC would lie to them about her involvement.

and then follow that up with what would you differently?

The A's are not help KC at all.

*snipped ever so gently*

The kindest thing society could do for those who are outside of the cell, is to put Casey to death. It's the only way they will ever be freed from her. Even Cindy cant argue with death.

They'll never be free and will always use this to be victims of society and the law enforcement who attempted to find their granddaughter. Cindy has argued with death from July 15 on. Caylee's purpose has now been changed from granddaughter to cause, and that cause's purpose is to make money for the family. In death, she will serve as a commodity. I cannot even fathom what her life would have entailed.

The lag time between the calls to the police have always bothered me. As NSS has stated, if Cindy had first reported Caylee missing, instead of Casey's thieving, this might have taken a somewhat different turn. And I also beleive Cindy regrets making ANY of those calls whatsoever, by this point .

Regarless of how it was done or should have been done, everything that led up to the death of Caylee can be traced to cause and effect, and indirectly laid at the feet of Cindy Anthony and her handling of Casey . go back as far as needed.....the upbringing of the child Casey, was where the seeds of this disaster were sown.

It was Casey's hand that did it, but Cindy is the one who formed the personality behind those hands, and laid the groundwork, set the stage and imo , triggered the final restraint snapping.

She was still not trying to really get Casey thrown in jail , she was trying to scare her and as NSS stated "playing brinkmanship". Because that's Cindy's style. She's still playing it with LE. It reflects in Casey's style also. She will lie right up until she can't.

Cindy created Casey in her own image and cant' face the truth now......mirror mirror on the wall, who is scariest of them all?

Here's my opinion only. I knew a family whose son died in an accident, he was racing with someone else. The other person did not stop to help, just kept driving. This family went on a mission to find that person, they were SO angry and felt that the other person was the cause of the accident, they went on for years in anger, and really never got to the grieving part of their loss, and never, ever could accept it. In reality, their son should not have been racing anyone to begin with, did he deserve to die? No, but they could never accept the fact that he had done anything wrong to cause his own death. I think the Anthony's are taking their anger out on everyone for the same reason, they want to blame someone else for this horrible act, and not their daughter, and if they can focus on that, they don't have to deal with the grief, loss and guilt that they feel, and shame that they raised a daughter like Casey. However, for them to go on this way is ruining chances for their daughter, they look very, very bad, and maybe we can see why Casey is the way she is. Cindy Anthony is the one that started the ball rolling, and she is the most angry, and the most guilty. They need to shut up.

Here's my opinion only. I knew a family whose son died in an accident, he was racing with someone else. The other person did not stop to help, just kept driving. This family went on a mission to find that person, they were SO angry and felt that the other person was the cause of the accident, they went on for years in anger, and really never got to the grieving part of their loss, and never, ever could accept it. In reality, their son should not have been racing anyone to begin with, did he deserve to die? No, but they could never accept the fact that he had done anything wrong to cause his own death. I think the Anthony's are taking their anger out on everyone for the same reason, they want to blame someone else for this horrible act, and not their daughter, and if they can focus on that, they don't have to deal with the grief, loss and guilt that they feel, and shame that they raised a daughter like Casey. However, for them to go on this way is ruining chances for their daughter, they look very, very bad, and maybe we can see why Casey is the way she is. Cindy Anthony is the one that started the ball rolling, and she is the most angry, and the most guilty. They need to shut up.

Well said. Then one day when this is all over and KC is behind bars and the media is done with them and we don't hear of them anymore, Cindy will be alone with her grief and that is sad.

One of the things that amaze me concerning the Anthonys is their priorities.

Cindy called 911 in a panic because the car smelled like death.

George answered questions put to him by a Grand Jury. (at least we assume he did)

Then we hear of George talking to his PI and stating that the marriage may be in trouble because they both feel they threw KC under the bus.

How exactly did they 'throw' Kc by calling 911 and answering the court when compelled to do so? By this time they have done a complete about face in public and are twisting everything to convince the world that KC is an innocent victim.

But this is their biggest concern? Caylee has just been found long dead, they are at the Ritz meeting with media networks, police are examining their house for evidence and they are worried about 'throwing KC under the bus'.

What about where Calee was thrown?

I voted yes because they know she did it. Although I'm not real sure they're hurting her defense in the way they act. Because they're so "out there" it may actually help in that people may think KC didn't have a chance at being "normal" in that house much like folks think Caylee didn't have a chance. I do not want the defense to receive ANY help in ANY way, but when you got morons sending the murderer money to buy snacks & beauty products.........you just can't rule anything out......

IF it ever sinks in, which I highly doubt will ever happen.
Something tells me that their inflated & fragile egos won't ever allow that to occur.
If it did, that would mean they had faced the cold, hard, ugly TRUTH.
About their daughter, about what she is and what she did.
And about themselves.
For them, I believe it's easier to blame others instead of owning up and taking responsibility.
IMHO, holding themselves accountable is something entirely foreign to them
Concerning their potential ugly behavior in the future, ITA.
We haven't seen nothing yet.

bold me.
I agree based on personal experience.
I have a family member that is just like that and one of her children has shown the same characteristics. Very sad.
They go for the jugular if they are EVER taken to task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni