George and Cindy's Contempt

By showing such contempt are George and Cindy hurting their daughter's case?

• Yes, but they are blinded by family loyality

Votes: 112 27.0%
  • Yes, but they are not getting good legal advice as to how to behave

Votes: 41 9.9%
  • Yes, but they act this way because they subconsiously know she did it

Votes: 253 61.0%
  • No, they are displaying normal grieving emotions

Votes: 9 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that GA and CA are simply tired of being torn to shreds. They have been through an horrible ordeal, are mourning their grandchild and scared for their daughter. Nothing can help KC and nothing her parents do or say will change the outcome of the murder trial or bring Caylee back to them.

I wouldn't want my dog to be locked in a cell for life, I can't imagine the pain of having a child locked up.

I didn't find CA's depo performance to be all that awful. In fact, she was as polite as possible considering the idiotic performance of the questioning attorney. He asked bad questions and questions that had already been asked and answered, then denied it when caught. If you will take the time to watch and listen carefully, rewind when you think CA is out of line and hear the questions again you will see that CA was cooperative until she just got fed up with the dumb questions which got no where and served only to prolong the depo.

The question was "do you know any other person , besides KC who ever saw/met Zanny?", she responded "Caylee. She's a person and she talked about Zanny's puppy. If there is puppy, there must be a Zanny." I don't think this was a ridiculous response. If the 2 year old talked about Zanny's new puppy, there had to be a Zanny to have a puppy - it is logical. But, everyone guffawed because they don't believe there was a Zanny. CA can only tell what she knows. She answered the question. She didn't say she saw the puppy, she is only relating what Caylee said to her.

The parents are not Ozzy and Harriet Nelson that is for sure and they have more than their fair share of problems but they are not responsible for KC's actions.

I feel sorry for them and I don't know how I would act if KC were my daughter. Should they just throw up their hands and turn their backs on her?

I think that GA and CA are simply tired of being torn to shreds. They have been through an horrible ordeal, are mourning their grandchild and scared for their daughter. Nothing can help KC and nothing her parents do or say will change the outcome of the murder trial or bring Caylee back to them.

I wouldn't want my dog to be locked in a cell for life, I can't imagine the pain of having a child locked up.

I didn't find CA's depo performance to be all that awful. In fact, she was as polite as possible considering the idiotic performance of the questioning attorney. He asked bad questions and questions that had already been asked and answered, then denied it when caught. If you will take the time to watch and listen carefully, rewind when you think CA is out of line and hear the questions again you will see that CA was cooperative until she just got fed up with the dumb questions which got no where and served only to prolong the depo.

The question was "do you know any other person , besides KC who ever saw/met Zanny?", she responded "Caylee. She's a person and she talked about Zanny's puppy. If there is puppy, there must be a Zanny." I don't think this was a ridiculous response. If the 2 year old talked about Zanny's new puppy, there had to be a Zanny to have a puppy - it is logical. But, everyone guffawed because they don't believe there was a Zanny. CA can only tell what she knows. She answered the question. She didn't say she saw the puppy, she is only relating what Caylee said to her.

The parents are not Ozzy and Harriet Nelson that is for sure and they have more than their fair share of problems but they are not responsible for KC's actions.

I feel sorry for them and I don't know how I would act if KC were my daughter. Should they just throw up their hands and turn their backs on her?

Yes. For nothing else than that she has stolen from them, put them into incredible debt, abused the finances of her elderly grandparents, lied about their granddaughter's whereabouts IF in fact that child had been kidnapped, effectively tying their hands from helping IF they could have, and otherwise dragging them through the largest SH*TSTORM the world has possibly seen in decades.

respectfully snipped...

DotsEyes...I read your posts and even when we don't agree you always make me think. I did feel sorry for the Anthonys in the begining. There have been many parents of accused murderers over the years and I have felt immediatly sorry for each and every one I have read about or watched through the media. Sometimes that changed.

If the Anthonys had not abused, accused, threatened, changed stories, twisted, manipulated and misled investigators they would still have my sympathy and support and perhaps the same from many other posters on WS. I do not expect them to turn their backs on her, that is their decision to make. But I wish they would support her without attacking anyone and everyone, destroying themselves, and causing untold harm in the process. KC is just not worth it. MOO!

It is so obvious George knows that KC did it. Look at his first interviews with LE and listen to how cooperative he was. He talks about the smell of death in the car, and how no one wants to believe their child could do this..IMHO the reason he thought of suicide was the fact he recognized the heart, and other things found with the body and had to admit the awful truth that KC killed his grandaughter. This man is in lots of pain and I feel he is trying to please CA. I dont agree with the way he handles it, but I do feel sorry for him

CA has undoubtedly bulldozed her way through life. All of her life if she wanted something done she probably did it herself. Now this amazingly horrific thing happens and she honestly thinks she can "fix" this too.....by sheer will! I have known lots of people like her..and I may have some of these characteristics myself. In 10 years time (if she is still alive) she will realize how deluded she was during this time...but she will probably still love both Casey and Caylee. George is just along for the ride.

I agree with almost your whole post. But the part where she will relize how deluded she was during this time. I do not think she will ever relize anything.

My mother is and was very controling. If we do not do things just the way and how fast she says to, well it is bad. She finds some way to make someone do it her way. My mom is 80 she is and allways will be that way and we just have to relize she is never going to change or relize what she is. We just do the best we can to take care of her.

Yes, but they are projecting all their feelings of anger, frustration and sadness towards John Morgan.

I think A,B and C are true... but they don't subconsciously know she did it... they very consciously know she did it but won't admit it.

You should have had two more options:

5. They're not very smart
6. All of the above

Dotseyes, I always enjoy reading your posts even if I don't see them the same way. No they should not turn there backs!

they should give her love
they should give her strengh
they should giver her company
they should give her financial assitance
they should not, however, give her an "OUT"

I do feel for anyone in that situation. I think it would be the horriblest thing ever. And I have had a son die at 16 in a accident. But I believe this situation is worse. I can not even imagine .
I did watch CA depo twice and did the whole rewinding bit. I am not a legal type person so from a lyamens(Spelling ?) spot. I thought at first she was not that bad. But she got worse and worse. It was her additude that got me. She acts like she knows better then everyone else, smarter and a I caught you additude. She was also that way at the bond hearing (I do not think I spelled that right) at the bond thing she interupts says what she wants. She thinks the rules do not apply to her. They do to everyone else but not her.

I think they should love and support there daughter. I would, no matter what. But hopefully I would say that you did it you pay the price of what you did. As DR. phil would say whats done is done and go from there.

I do know that I do not know how I would act because I have not been in this situation. I just hope it would not be like them.

I think A,B and C are true... but they don't subconsciously know she did it... they very consciously know she did it but won't admit it.

You should have had two more options:

5. They're not very smart
6. All of the above

I vote, 5 ..

Dotseyes, I always enjoy reading your posts even if I don't see them the same way. No they should not turn there backs!

they should give her love
they should give her strengh
they should giver her company
they should give her financial assitance
they should not, however, give her an "OUT"

I wish I could hit the thanks button ten times for this post. Exactly!:blowkiss:

I voted C. I think they know she did it on a conscience level now, but perhaps subconsciencly to begin with. I think they are used to being able to spin things their way by the same tactics they are displaying now. They have been putting up a public front for many years, not just now. This is not behavior that seems to suddenly to come up because of the circumstances, it is normal operating procedure for their lives as can be attested to by their lying about Kc's pregnancy to family. I think the absence of family and friends in their corner indicates that those close to them have been on to them for a long time. It is very sad that they have created a life that has left them so utterly alone at such a horrendous time. YOu reap what you sow and it is so sad.

I voted for "c" as it comes the closest to what I believe - "c. subconsciously doing it on purpose (cuz they know the truth but can't openly admit it)." But, I feel they're very conscious of what they're doing.

I believe both Cindy and George know, without a doubt, that Casey murdered Caylee. But, they believe that public denial of their daughter's guilt, and lying about events that happened, is helping her defense.

Their hostility during the depositions was a cover for the fear of having their lies exposed. For perhaps the first time in their lives, they were going to be held accountable for their statements, and feared the humiliation of exposure.

As for BC, I think he tries, but they won't follow advice. I think he fell down on the job when he didn't prepare George and Cindy for the depositions. He should have let them know that in a civil deposition, unlike a criminal deposition, attorneys can ask any question, regardless of how relevant the witness may think that question is to the matter at hand.

It's a hell of a lot easier to focus on attacking anyone and everyone around you; to circle the wagons and try to protect their daughter; to focus on anyone and anything besides the fact that their own child killed their beloved granddaughter in cold blood (I believe that's what happened).

Maybe they're hoping against hope that it was an accident; that Casey will one day admit the truth, and it will be somewhat less horrible than what we all believe. I don't think that's the case, but I can see why they'd be clinging to any shred of doubt they can find.

Just wait until after the trial, when they have no one interviewing them, when there are no distractions, when no one is paying attention to them, when it's all over and everyone goes back to their lives. They'll do the same, and they will finally begin to really feel that big, dark, gaping hole this sweet baby's death has left in their lives.

And then, they're going to fall apart.

It's all about family loyalty at this point. Casey is not around to project anger towards, so they go for the easy targets - those poking holes in their contrived "theories". They are so consumed with circling the wagons that they don't care how outrageous their claims are. They are counting on repetition becoming fact and therefore acting out of emotion and self preservation.

Cindy knows in her gut what happened (hence the 911 call), as does the entire family, but they are focused on spewing venom towards anyone and anything so they don't have to focus on what a true monster their own flesh and blood is. To them, denying a monster in their midst is more important than justice for Caylee.

Lastly, a rhetorical question - from whom did Casey learn to lie with such ease?

I hope my comment here doesn't offend anyone and it is certainly not meant to start a religious debate. However, years ago I was going out with a guy and he asked me to go to church with him on a Sunday morning. He was a Born Again Christian. I ended up being asked to leave and I will explain why and then ask my question.

The Reverend made an announcement to welcome back one of their members who had been gone for a long time and everyone clapped and rejoiced that he had found his way back to God and that he had been forgiven. I whispered to my bf to ask where he had been and was told that he was in jail for several years for molesting a child. They went on and on about how God had forgiven him for his sins and all the while my stomach was turning. People were going up and hugging this man and welcoming him back with open arms and I stood up and asked, "Does the child he molested forgive him? That's who is really important here. So can someone tell me if the child forgives him for his sins?" I was asked to leave immediately and never went out with that person again. I am sorry, I am just not into the belief that when you find God all is forgiven because it doesn't work out that way for the victims.

The reason I am explaining this is because I remember reading somewhere the GA and CA had become "Born Again Christians" as well. It would explain to me why GA made the statement that KC deserves prayer and deserves to be forgiven. I think that they know KC did kill Caylee but because of their religion, they are forgiving her. KC did have their Reverend meet with her in church. Could she have confessed to him and he helped the GP's to forgive? It is just a question and not meant to stir up any religious beliefs or to offend anyone. But I really think George knows KC did it and has almost said it at times but they have forgiven her. If you notice even in his deposition, when he says he believes his daughter, his eyes flicker and he can't really look at the person so he is having a hard time lying. Did they forgive her and can't understand why the rest of us won't so they feel they have to protect her from our evil ways? I don't know.

This makes more sense than anything I have read. I think you're right. Kudos to you for standing up for what you believe in and for being there for the poor child who was molested.

The reason I am explaining this is because I remember reading somewhere the GA and CA had become "Born Again Christians" as well. It would explain to me why GA made the statement that KC deserves prayer and deserves to be forgiven. I think that they know KC did kill Caylee but because of their religion, they are forgiving her. KC did have their Reverend meet with her in church. Could she have confessed to him and he helped the GP's to forgive? It is just a question and not meant to stir up any religious beliefs or to offend anyone. But I really think George knows KC did it and has almost said it at times but they have forgiven her. If you notice even in his deposition, when he says he believes his daughter, his eyes flicker and he can't really look at the person so he is having a hard time lying. Did they forgive her and can't understand why the rest of us won't so they feel they have to protect her from our evil ways? I don't know.

Sry, but i shortened your post to save some space.

IMO Cindy and George "use" their "faith" to serve their own purposes. it appears to me that they pull it out when it serves them, as I watched the depos and the lies that they told I realized they left their "faith" at home that day once again. no offense intended. (to me everytime they lie about this case they do a dishonor to Caylee)

Sry, but i shortened your post to save some space.

IMO Cindy and George "use" their "faith" to serve their own purposes. it appears to me that they pull it out when it serves them, as I watched the depos and the lies that they told I realized they left their "faith" at home that day once again. no offense intended. (to me everytime they lie about this case they do a dishonor to Caylee)
I agree with you. If the A's were truly born again Christians, they wouldn't be lying because the Bible says "God hates liars." Forgiving someone doesn't mean that there are no consequences to their actions, either. I believe that the A's never, ever held KC accountable for any of her actions and they aren't doing right now either. They use their new found faith when it suits them and it really puts a bad light on those Christians who are true to the Word of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd