where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.

Praying with everyone here for George. There have been several times in my life, I felt like I couldn't go on with all of the pain, but prayed with this Psalm:

The Lord is my Shepherd...http://www.annunciation.org/shepard.html

I was up all night helping my son finish his Science project. I'm glad I didn't have time to be on Websleuths because I would have broken down. You see, for the past week I have been grieving because my sister was killed in a car crash and the last time I spoke with her was on my birthday that just passed.

And the strangest thing happened. I was driving this a.m. and stopped at a stop sign. I was thinking about my sister, but then, my thoughts suddenly shifted to the Anthony family and I felt this sudden awareness of the hollowness, pain and grief they are feeling right now.

It wasn't until I got home that I logged on here and read this. Thank you Friday and everyone for your loving thoughts and prayers for George.

Hugs and prayers to you and your family, concentric....so very sorry for your tragic loss.

We all know that George has been suicidally depressed since last summer. YOU have NO WAY of knowing if this was a true attempt or not. For one thing, many people commit suicide by wrecking their cars. In a beach area, many people commit suicide by swimming out into the ocean until they are completely exhausted and there is no possibility of swimming back to shore. Some people take tourist boats and jump from the boat or ship into the water. You don't have to have a weapon or drugs to kill yourself. People who are about to kill themselves often make a last contact with friends or family.

Thank God that the police jumped in to help the Anthony family in this situation before George was able to do anything to himself and that George is now in a place where he can begin to get the help that he needs.

I am truly sorry for this man. He has been through more than anyone should ever have to cope with.

:clap::clap::clap:

Is it possible to OD on BP meds? Possibly that's all he could get his hands on?

Interesting as the Today Show NBC reporter indicated "Unfinished Suicide Note" and the MSNBC article state 5 to 6 pages. When you click on the video in the http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28811667 the reporter says "Unfinished Suicide Note", which is the same video I posted this morning.

Hopefully there will be a link found regarding what the police actually stated as the two reports are puzzling for sure!

Actually, both reports can be true. My father's suicide note was 12 pages long and a lot of it made no sense. He could have just not been done yet...

I well understand the effect words can have on a person's psyche.

A week after Dr. Sheppard was wrongfully convicted, his Mother shot and killed herself.

The family reported that leading up to the trial, she had been horribly depressed from reading and hearing all the terrible things said about Sam. However, the viciousness of the reporting got even worse after he was convicted.

So......

(lesson in life....words matter)

Even greater lesson in life, if the words are bringing you down, don't read them.
I am sorry, but even here when I see something posted that hurts my feelings, or upsets me, then I have a choice, either don't read it, or read it with the true understanding that everyone has their opinions.
Sticks and stones.....

I would imagine the deep depression was from what is going on in his family, not from what some strangers wrote on the net.

I agree with you. I don't think this was a result of what anyone wrote, but he has to know how the majority of the people around the country feel about this case and that can't be a good feeling.

Their lies are literally destroying them, until they tell the truth, all the A's, you will continue to see them self-destruct. The only one not affected is KC, she just buys more snacks and feels angry at everybody else for leaving her in jail. Here we go again, almost everyone has noticed GA's behavior and how this seems to be weighing on him yet the attorney says they did not know he was this desperate. When they own up to their own lies they can begin to heal, until then we are going to see more of this.

I'm coming out of lurkerdom (if that's a word) to post in this sad thread.

Do I hope GA gets some mental help? yes
Do I feel sorry for GA? eh, not so much.

I do feel bad that he has lost a granddaughter due to the product he helped raise. But I have a hard time feeling sorry for suicide "attempts".

Before I get flamed let me add that my daddy committed suicide on May 11, 1999...3 days after his 41st birthday.

If someone wants to commit suicide they do it. They don't call and text people to let them know that's what they are doing.

I do feel bad that KC has led this family down this path. But GA is an adult and he has made some less than stellar choices lately. It's time for him to own up to them. No matter what happens to the rest of the family.

By the way, my name is Carmen and I'm sorry if I offend anyone with my first post.

I'm very sorry about your daddy. He was very unusual in his suicide if he had no warning signs or didn't attempt to let people know what he was planning. Most give some warning.

Warning signs of suicide include:

* Observable signs of serious depression:
Unrelenting low mood
Pessimism
Hopelessness
Desperation
Anxiety, psychic pain and inner tension
Withdrawal
Sleep problems
* Increased alcohol and/or other drug use
* Recent impulsiveness and taking unnecessary risks
* Threatening suicide or expressing a strong wish to die
* Making a plan:
Giving away prized possessions
Sudden or impulsive purchase of a firearm
Obtaining other means of killing oneself such as poisons or medications
* Unexpected rage or anger

The emotional crises that usually precede suicide are often recognizable and treatable. Although most depressed people are not suicidal, most suicidal people are depressed. Serious depression can be manifested in obvious sadness, but often it is rather expressed as a loss of pleasure or withdrawal from activities that had been enjoyable. One can help prevent suicide through early recognition and treatment of depression and other psychiatric illnesses.

WESH just stated it was 8 pages long. They also said the note said that George believes KC is innocent, CA deserves someone better than him etc etc...

remember all those jail house tapes when ga stated he would gladly change places with kc?Perhaps this is his way of making it better......:bang:

WESH just stated it was 8 pages long. They also said the note said that George believes KC is innocent, CA deserves someone better than him etc etc...

I was so hoping this would be a turning point for GA (in a positive way), i.e. getting some relief from the burden of what he's been carrying around through treatment of some type.

Lets hope GA takes advantage of his psych team. They may be the only ones to help guied GA through his angry grief stage. He has had feelings of being ready to disrupt during this case and for a scond time lashed out at himself instead of the one causing this circus. Remember LP stating G would walk a larde circle to avoid KC. while she was home confinement. All the squad cars at the A's home might have been for CA. They would need a few cars there if she had become uncontrollable with the news of GA's text messages. Therapy for the entire family might just begin. We can only hope. I'm sure JB is at the jail priming KC on how to act, behave with the news of her father. All KC;s responses seem to get leaked. Be ready to be upset again when we here her reaction to dads angry frustrated attenpt to take his own life.

Thank you! I have been wondering if this whole episode could be bogus or blown out of proportion by zealous media.
No weapons, no drugs. He took his blood pressure meds with him. Who worries about their blood pressure if they are going to end it all anyway?
He had Onstar. Surely he knew he has Onstar.
It just doesn't make sense to me...

Please don't take offense but you're trying to rationalize someones actions who was in (what seems to be) an irrational moment. I don't want to give anyone out there any ideas but if GA was wearing a belt he could have been thinking of that as a way to end it all (if indeed that's where he was at the time).

Unless and until more comes out we just don't know what he was thinking and feeling. His desperation is however obvious, that cannot be denied.

people need to remember that when one is feeling suicidal you are not thinking rationally..so what if he had his blood pressure meds with him..that may be something he carries with him all the time..my father does, it's the first thing he puts in his pocket every morning after getting dressed-force of habit i guess.

so what if george didn't have any weapons or drugs with him, that fact of the matter is that he made statements that led people to believe he wanted to harm himself, LE may have gotten to him before he had a chance to do anything drastic. many people will do just what george did, cry out for help several times before they actually succeed in killing themselves.

let the man grieve instead feeding the conspiracy theories.

I am going to say this and then be done. Yes we have questioned George's actions. We have questioned many peoples actions in this case. That's kinda what you do with crimes....you question in order to solve them. What I see here is real care and concern for George today. Page after page of it. There is no need nor point to try and stir a fire. Hate about supposed hate....how ironic.

GA has received the most sympathy from this board. Most people have seen him surrounded by a situation he's not comfortable being in at all. CA and LA seem to be handling it better.

I wonder if last Friday's call has anything to do with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member