George Anthony Reported Missing *UPDATE FOUND*#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm coming out of lurkerdom (if that's a word) to post in this sad thread.

Do I hope GA gets some mental help? yes
Do I feel sorry for GA? eh, not so much.

I do feel bad that he has lost a granddaughter due to the product he helped raise. But I have a hard time feeling sorry for suicide "attempts".

Before I get flamed let me add that my daddy committed suicide on May 11, 1999...3 days after his 41st birthday.

If someone wants to commit suicide they do it. They don't call and text people to let them know that's what they are doing.

I do feel bad that KC has led this family down this path. But GA is an adult and he has made some less than stellar choices lately. It's time for him to own up to them. No matter what happens to the rest of the family.

By the way, my name is Carmen and I'm sorry if I offend anyone with my first post.

Hi:) My name is Carmen, too. I think that's about the only thing we have in common, though:(

I am very sorry to hear about your father, I know it was a terrible ordeal. However, I don't understand how you can presume what George Anthony would, or wouldn't do. I also feel very sorry for him, and not just because he lost a granddaughter. I feel sorry for him because he is living under a microscope while experiencing this loss, he has essentially lost his daughter, a large chunk of his privacy, his granddaughter, what relationship he had with his wife, I'm sure, his reputation, and probably his FAITH. He is LIVING in a house full of his daughter and granddaughter's belongings. He is listening to the same news reports and documents that make us cry, cringe, and hurt. I don't understand how people can be so callous. Sure, you don't have to agree with George's actions, but can you at least see where his hurt is coming from more than one angle, and how OVERWHELMING it must be?

I don't find it unlikely at all that someone who has had their granddaughter murdered (allegedly and most likely) by their own monster-daughter and gone through interrogations, testified against his own daughter inthe grand jury, knowing the inside info, imagining his granddaughter left to die in a trunk, or woods, having to walk into her bedroom, or see her toys lying around- yes, I don't find it unlikely at all that this person GENUINELY wanted to end their life.

I think it is unfathomable to judge this attempt, even if it were a cry for help.

And to the poster who said George should have handled things the "right way"

Is there a "right" and "wrong" way to handle this sort of mind breaking grief? Please provide a link to the "right" and "wrong" way to conduct yourself after you find your granddaughter was senseless murdered by your daughter, then produced lies trying to convince you to agree. TIA for the link, though I suspect it will take a lot of googling.

I really have to log off now. I'm going to get a time out:(

I am speculating, I have nothing to support what I am about to say but I believe that George is suffering from depression. Acute depression. I do not believe that this was some scheme to manipulate the situation.

George has lost everything. He lost Caylee, he was her Jo-Jo. She was probably the light of his life. I do not for one minute doubt that his love for her was absolute.

George, more than likely, was thinking of suicide. Can we imagine what it must be like to wake up every morning to not only the reality that your precious granddaughter has been murdered, but that she was murdered by your own daughter? What amount of guilt can he hold within his heart? I think that if he lives through this to die of a natural death in old age that there will never be a day that he doesn't pause and think to himself "My Caylee".

If he wants to still love his daughter KC, I see no problem with it. She is still his child. I can't expect him to live according to my values and morals. I can only pray that I am not faced with a situation such as this, because I know myself well enough to know that I would not handle it with grace and probably not even dignity.

George is 57 yrs old by media reports. He has come to the time in his life when he can see the edges of the canvas of life clearly. All has been for naught. His hopes for the future and his dreams have been dashed never to be resurrected. Time has run out.

So yes I am thinking of him today, and I am glad he didn't complete his suicide attempt. I hope he never proves to me how sorrowful and the measure of regret he has by ending his life so that he can go make sure that His Caylee is in the arms of God.

Everything I typed above is just my opinion, I understand may hold one that differs. I just wanted to share.

I think your post is in keeping with the fact that this is truly a tragedy, all the way around--you expressed it most eloquently, as much as it can be a thoughtful piece of writing.

In my opinion, Florida’s “Sunshine Law” is to blame for nearly all the cruel, and needless, public humiliation George has had to endure.

Take for example, the e-mails between Cindy’s mother, brother, and aunt, which were made public under that law. Those e-mails informed the entire internet-savvy planet that George Anthony was little more than worthless baggage to his family--a lazy, perpetually unemployed man; a dishonest, compulsive gambler who lived off his poor beleaguered wife; a man whose own wife cared nothing for him and was only staying married to him to prevent him from grabbing half of what she’d been paying for her whole life.

Courtesy of that same Sunshine Law, George discovered, along with the rest of the world, that his children thought he was a pathetic joke, worthy only of a Fathers Day gift called Job Hunting for Dummies (or something like that).

Will someone please explain to me why we are all “entitled” to know these embarrassing, personal, damning things about anyone who isn’t accused of a crime? I don’t feel entitled. Do you? I think the Sunshine Law is a travesty that tramples on the rights of all of us who are not charged with any crime. Maybe it was instituted prior to the explosion of Internet information?

I thought it was pitiful when I watched and listened to George’s interview with LE when he confided things to them that he said he didn’t want Cindy, or Lee, to know. I can only imagine how he was treated by them both after those tapes became public under the Sunshine Law.

If that wasn’t bad enough, he was then promptly forced by Cindy to continually appear on camera and state exactly the opposite of what he’d said in those publicly released interviews with LE. How weak, and how ludicrously dishonest, that made him seem to all of us! And he had to know that’s how he looked to everyone watching and listening.

To me, GA is a victim of the Sunshine Law, his own nagging conscience, and his wife and daughter who seem to be able to completely silence theirs. Many see him as weak, and perhaps he is—but I am very strong yet I couldn’t have lasted nearly as long as he has in a house with those two women.

I apologize in advance to all of you who will be upset by my words and strenuously object to them. I can take the heat, but please be kind to each other.

I agree with many of your points.

I do not condone the way the family has handled things, but only Casey took Caylee's life.

The loss of their Granddaughter and the loss of their daughter as they knew her to be must be unbearable for this family. They loved Caylee and it was probably their only real sunshine in this dysfunctional family.
They also love their daughter. Their flesh and blood daughter Casey is a sociopath. Can anyone really imagine wrapping their mind around the beautiful baby you raised taking her own child's life? I seen Casey referred to as many things, but she was once their baby.

Some of you have experienced maybe one tiny aspect of similarity to this family but NOBODY has experienced exactly what this family has gone through. It is abundantly clear that there is extreme dysfunction in the Anthony family. Many families are dysfunctional though. Casey and Casey only is the one that killed Caylee though.

Cindy did not make George attempt suicide. It is not Cindy's fault that Casey killed Caylee. I've seen suggestions here otherwise. No credible pyschological workup has been done on Cindy that I have seen here, and in no way do I believe that Cindy is a sociopath as she has been called. I see they both have psychological issues independent of each other.

Cindy & George have made a TON of mistakes, but the contempt and hatred towards them is something I am having a hard time understanding.

Nobody here knows exactly how they would have handled any of this, because nobody has lived their lives.

Their lives have been shattered forever, and poor sweet Caylee will be missed by so many including their Grandparents that loved her deeply. JMO
:clap::clap::clap:

I will say it again and I already posted this up-thread ... I watched the LIVE WESH news at noon on their website. The lady reporting in front of the hospital stated it. That's all I can tell you until they post it (if they do) on the website. Now whether it's true or not I do not have a clue but she did say it.
I was repeating what I heard which is a big mistake around here unless you can back it up ... I can not back up a LIVE report with a link because it was LIVE.

Even if GA said that he believes KC did not harm her daughter (as stated by other news stations and posted in this thread) it would basically be the same thing. He would believe KC is innocent ... why else blame her friends??

This case has turned into a 3-Ring circus and is full of rumors etc. Everyone jumps the gun and points fingers at each other and I am noticing today that is happening here on WS ... hence the reason JBean has posted several warnings in this thread.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/18546075/detail.html

Investigators said the eight-page note indicated George Anthony was at the end of his rope, and that once he was gone, his family would have a better life. He wrote about how strong his daughter, Casey Anthony, is and said he doesn't believe she hurt her daughter, Caylee. However, he did make dark, veiled references to his daughter's friends.

I am speculating, I have nothing to support what I am about to say but I believe that George is suffering from depression. Acute depression. I do not believe that this was some scheme to manipulate the situation.

George has lost everything. He lost Caylee, he was her Jo-Jo. She was probably the light of his life. I do not for one minute doubt that his love for her was absolute.

George, more than likely, was thinking of suicide. Can we imagine what it must be like to wake up every morning to not only the reality that your precious granddaughter has been murdered, but that she was murdered by your own daughter? What amount of guilt can he hold within his heart? I think that if he lives through this to die of a natural death in old age that there will never be a day that he doesn't pause and think to himself "My Caylee".

If he wants to still love his daughter KC, I see no problem with it. She is still his child. I can't expect him to live according to my values and morals. I can only pray that I am not faced with a situation such as this, because I know myself well enough to know that I would not handle it with grace and probably not even dignity.

George is 57 yrs old by media reports. He has come to the time in his life when he can see the edges of the canvas of life clearly. All has been for naught. His hopes for the future and his dreams have been dashed never to be resurrected. Time has run out.

So yes I am thinking of him today, and I am glad he didn't complete his suicide attempt. I hope he never proves to me how sorrowful and the measure of regret he has by ending his life so that he can go make sure that His Caylee is in the arms of God.

Everything I typed above is just my opinion, I understand may hold one that differs. I just wanted to share.

I think this is a wonderful, accurate post.

The fact that he is shown in the video walking to the car, he got into the car (not an ambulance), so it appears that there was no medical urgency or necessity to get him to the hospital. I agree, it appears (strong emphasis on appears) that there was no actual suicide attempt. IMHO, as always.

On top of the above observations, we also don't know EXACTLY what the person who called him in as missing/in trouble said about his state of mind/intentions.

Nor do we know EXACTLY what George's alleged/reported text messages to his family members said.

For all we know, (1) he may have said nothing about ending his life, but what he wrote made the family members think that's what he was going to do,
(2) he said something that at least implied/alluded to ending his life, or
(3) he explicitly said he was going to end his life to be with Caylee, etc.

Plus, even had he intended to kill himself, he could have changed his mind. Maybe writing helped him. :waitasec:

We just don't know.

I hope I am wrong, but my first thought (like some others have posted) is that anyone involved in this case would know that any texts or letters written would definitely make it to the media. So, either GA really was that out of it and didn't take that into consideration or this was done to get some message out there - whether that be to break KC or to put doubt out there for any potential jurors. I tend to believe the latter as saying he still believes KC would probably give her more strentgh in her mind and not break her. His 'attempt' at suicide while still defending her may possibly be enough for some fence sitters to think if he still believes her, than maybe they should too. I dunno, I just know there's a lot of media out there for the public to see that implies that GA and CA know the truth about KC and this may be an attempt to try and disprove that theory.

I'm not even sure it's a good-bye letter, yet. MAybe it was just 8 pages of things he needed to get out of his head , KWIM, ramblings? I would like to know more specifics from a legit news source about the letter for sure.

When I wrote my first post I meant GA didn't leave a good bye letter, but he did leave a trail to where he was, but since my first post I've read some of what he has left in a letter, if it can be believed, I agree with you, I would love to hear alot about this case from a legit news source.

Something from that 911 call just hit me ... George's gun was confiscated back when Casey was released to stay at her parents house. Why wouldn't they give that "weapon" back to George when she was again taken back into custody? Unless I'm missing something ... hmmm. Makes me think that if George really wanted to commit suicide, why wouldn't he just go buy a new inexpensive gun to make the ordeal go by quicker? I bought my ex-fiance his off duty weapon when he graduated from the police academy. They aren't that expensive. Wouldn't it be about the same price compared to buying a pizza, 12 pack of beer, gas to get to Daytona (or it's surrounding vicinity), plus factor in the cost of the low budget motel room he rented. Friday had mentioned that George had to be resuscitated, but has that been proven or did the public just come to that conclusion based on the suicide note (saying he took a bunch of pills)? I've been following the Forensic Astrology thread that HouseMouse started since the beginning - everything's been almost 100% correct in the way things are turning out. I tend to believe George really did attempt suicide and will submit a prayer card for him (as well as his family). Also, why didn't Cindy make the 911 call instead of her lawyer? She answered all of the questions for him to repeat to the operator. One last thing - when the 911 dispatcher asked if there's anything that stood out in George's appearance, Conway informed "white hair" ... Why didn't he just say that he's Caylee Anthony's grandfather? I'm about sure the 911 dispatcher could just Google his name. I know that might not be standard procedure, but still, just makes me wonder. It should be noted that I indeed feel terrible for this man, as who in the world could ever endure such a tragedy, but his suicide threat still makes me wonder.

In my opinion, Florida’s “Sunshine Law” is to blame for nearly all the cruel, and needless, public humiliation George has had to endure.

Take for example, the e-mails between Cindy’s mother, brother, and aunt, which were made public under that law. Those e-mails informed the entire internet-savvy planet that George Anthony was little more than worthless baggage to his family--a lazy, perpetually unemployed man; a dishonest, compulsive gambler who lived off his poor beleaguered wife; a man whose own wife cared nothing for him and was only staying married to him to prevent him from grabbing half of what she’d been paying for her whole life.

Courtesy of that same Sunshine Law, George discovered, along with the rest of the world, that his children thought he was a pathetic joke, worthy only of a Fathers Day gift called Job Hunting for Dummies (or something like that).

Will someone please explain to me why we are all “entitled” to know these embarrassing, personal, damning things about anyone who isn’t accused of a crime? I don’t feel entitled. Do you? I think the Sunshine Law is a travesty that tramples on the rights of all of us who are not charged with any crime. Maybe it was instituted prior to the explosion of Internet information?

I thought it was pitiful when I watched and listened to George’s interview with LE when he confided things to them that he said he didn’t want Cindy, or Lee, to know. I can only imagine how he was treated by them both after those tapes became public under the Sunshine Law.

If that wasn’t bad enough, he was then promptly forced by Cindy to continually appear on camera and state exactly the opposite of what he’d said in those publicly released interviews with LE. How weak, and how ludicrously dishonest, that made him seem to all of us! And he had to know that’s how he looked to everyone watching and listening.

To me, GA is a victim of the Sunshine Law, his own nagging conscience, and his wife and daughter who seem to be able to completely silence theirs. Many see him as weak, and perhaps he is—but I am very strong yet I couldn’t have lasted nearly as long as he has in a house with those two women.

I apologize in advance to all of you who will be upset by my words and strenuously object to them. I can take the heat, but please be kind to each other.

Side note to Wudge if you’re reading this: Please don’t agree with anything I’ve said. I couldn’t handle that kind of shock. LOL :blowkiss:
Glad you're back Friday, and I wanted to thank-you again for keeping us updated when the news was breaking last night and not much was reported! Many of us here do appreciate you:clap::clap::clap:, so please don't let other posters run you off...
Was Tim able to visit George this morning?

Bless you.... my first thought was for some type of a memory box display of things that Caylee loved, or things of hers that maybe they wanted to hold onto for that day. It would be so wonderful to be able to read just ONE thread where NO HATEFUL comments were made about ANY member of this family.

I know with my mom we wrote her letters and told her how much we loved her and would miss her (me and my daughter)--I also made sure she was wearing a wedding ring (older sister took that)--along with cross necklace--she always felt comfort in wearing a cross...(other sister took that one)--but she did have jewels (fake--but jewels nonetheless) on when.....felt better knowing she had them.....

UMMM.. no where does it say that the pill bottles were EMPTY and no where does it give the true contents of the note....

AND... the point was that anyone who believes that they are "FACTS" because they were in the news... is being easily deceived on many fronts.

The fact that he walked calmly to the door to let the officers in, spoke with them calmly and then walked on his own power to get into the car PROVES he was not in any medical danger of any kind. If he was, they would have transported him by ambulance immediately rather than talking with him to convince him to go willingly to the hospital.

It boils down to believing what is shown on the videos as opposed to what was implied... the old "don't believe everything you hear" adage.

I agree. I also think that it would be unprofessional and unethical for the contents of the note to be leaked. Unless it passed through the hands of someone other than LE I just can't see LE sharing that information at this point.

And as for Brad Conway? I wouldn't believe anything he said now- it's all spin. Just wait for it.

The 911 call is interesting. They deleted the types of meds he took with him. Wasn't that CA in the background?

It sounded like a very calm Cindy. I was wondering why SHE wasn't making the 911 call since BC clearly did not have all the correct answers to the questions the operator was asking. He would stop and ask Cindy and she seemed to quietly tell him the answer. If she were hysterical, I could see him calling instead of her.

I guess we can be greatful they didn't wait 31 days....

I have a "mentor" who is very holistic and spiritual. She feels that when certain truths in your life are not spoken they become poison and poison your soul. I am a bit more scientific but I have also found in my life that if something is eating away at me, my physical and spiritual health declines until I let it out by simply telling someone.

I can't help but think that this is a perfect case of George needing to cleanse his soul.

I was so saddened to read he still thinks KC is so wonderful and good. Even (and I don't believe this!) if she is not guilty, she is at best a liar who partied for 31 days while her daughter lay dead somewhere. She took their money and hearts.

I believe George and Cindy will not heal until they accept the facts and try to move on.

When I heard TM may be flying to see him, I got hopeful that perhaps he could reach GA. I don't know if this is true or a rumor but I hope that man finds some peace.

God bless them. Please help them see with clarity the truth.

WESH just stated it was 8 pages long. They also said the note said that George believes KC is innocent, CA deserves someone better than him etc etc...

Okay....surely that source is wrong. He believes she's innocent???? What The Heck............oh my. This case gets more twisted by the hour.

ITA. I find it bizaare that some people are blaming the posters at WS for this. I think if the blame lies anywhere, it's pretty obvious Casey is responsible and wish people would stop blaming posters here.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I totally agree with you Friday regarding the "Sunshine Law". All of their family business has become public knowledge. I doubt if many of us could stand up to having all of our dirty laundry out in the open for the whole world to see..

Without all of this becoming public most of us would still not know enough about this case to form an opinion on any one in the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73