George Floyd death / Derek Chauvin trial - Sidebar week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In order to keep the trial discussion thread focused on the trial itself, this will be the general discussion thread for when court is adjourned.

Sidebar Week 1
Sidebar Week 2

Be safe, be well, be kind !!

hare-2115905_960_720.jpg

Philonese Floyd's stories are heart breaking. You get a very intimate view of George Floyd and his heart. The story of missing his mom's death is so tender.
I think putting him on the stand was a good choice. Humanize George, then bring it home with the expert that finishes it pointing out that what DC did was NOT reasonable.

I just caught up on the trial thread. I was listening this afternoon but wasn't able to follow along on here. I didn't think it was as bad for Nelson/the defense as some? *shrug* I also think that Nelson has done a good job with the State witnesses on cross. All the defense witnesses are obviously going to initially agree with him, let's see if the State can poke holes in their testimony on cross.

If there is an appeal, will the police defense fund attorney's still represent Mr. Chauvin? I'm wondering if there's a monetary cap per case. TIA

It’s odd, I think Nelson knows what points he’s trying to get across and what questions he wants to ask, and some of them are decent ones. He just doesn’t know how to put them into words. This last witness was case in point. Several times he reworded Nelson’s questions in a way that made more sense. It was the same thing essentially, just better put together. I think that’s what’s making Nelson look incompetent.

I heard that an emergency alert went out in Minneapolis area to phones warning of curfew, and I imagine since jurors aren’t sequestered, they saw the same thing. I think it was a huge risk to 1. Not change the venue. 2. Not sequester the jury.

I heard that an emergency alert went out in Minneapolis area to phones warning of curfew, and I imagine since jurors aren’t sequestered, they saw the same thing. I think it was a huge risk to 1. Not change the venue. 2. Not sequester the jury.

I have watched some of what is going on there... how do or how can they ignore all of that?

Okay, so I'm new here. Legs wobbly and still getting my bearings. :confused: My timing was bad this morning, not realizing how the different threads work (end/close just before court goes into session) and I'd posted something just before the thread closed. I hope it's okay to post the link here, as I was looking forward to connecting with others who might want to explore some of the things that stand out to me about this case thus far). Either way, I'm happy to have found this website and am enjoying reading the information and opinions offered here.

Motive and Opportunity
George Floyd death / Derek Chauvin trial - Sidebar week 2

That is a great video! If I was a juror, I think I would be weighing all of the testimony as there have been differing aspects. IMO, the EMT that was trying to intervene really stands out. She was the one at the scene, also an employee of the city, just like the police. To me this was jarring testimony. Why did her assessment go unheeded? And she was taping! This seems like more than a callous disregard which shows a pattern. IMO there is a criminality here of making a pleading fellow employee witness a death they could prevent. IMOO.

Okay, so I'm new here. Legs wobbly and still getting my bearings. :confused: My timing was bad this morning, not realizing how the different threads work (end/close just before court goes into session) and I'd posted something just before the thread closed. I hope it's okay to post the link here, as I was looking forward to connecting with others who might want to explore some of the things that stand out to me about this case thus far). Either way, I'm happy to have found this website and am enjoying reading the information and opinions offered here.

Motive and Opportunity
George Floyd death / Derek Chauvin trial - Sidebar week 2

I’m on a bit of a break from posting on threads right now (still reading) but I have to break my silence just to welcome you @TwistedMysteryWriter and tell you that is one outstanding post! I saw it this morning and I’m so glad you brought it over here. It doesn’t matter if it’s your first post or your 10,000th post, you nailed every point brilliantly. Stick around! I want to read more. :)

I was just rewatching the end of the testimony today... in the trial thread, someone said that the witness just ran out of water... I thought it was a 'joke', nope, he did run out of water while on cross hahaha

I just don't see how this witness was that great for the State. Something I didn't realize was... when Lane (?) says he doesn't feel a pulse, Chauvin says 'huh?' and Keung says he was checking for a pulse. I don't think I had heard that huh, or knew who it came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288