George has Casey's car destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
JP stated they could not introduce the car/carpet smell into evidence because if one of the juror's already knew what the smell was and told the other jurors they would then become a witness. Jurors cannot be witnesses. However, this was never explained to the jurors so if they wondered why they could not smell the carpeting they might assume it could have just been trash if another juror told them they had smelled decomp and knew what it smelled like. Either way the juror would still be considered a witness so they should have permitted them to smell it if they asked. jmo
It took 25 pages but at last we got the answer. THANKYOU LambChop

Not wanting to stray from the topic but if they did this, then what was the contents of the vacuum cleaner to be?

See, that was suspicious, too. IIRC, there was nothing really in the vacuum specimens. But there is no reason to believe that the contents were not emptied and taken away before the police ever got a search warrant for the vacuum contents. No doubt, if they did vacuum out dead flies, larvae, etc they, immediately after cleaning up, emptied the vacuum bin and cleaned it thoroughly. They probably took all of the cleaning materials and vacuum bin contents away to a dumpster.

If they picked the car up around noon but didn't pick up Casey until that evening then they had many hours to clean & air out that car. They had to have known that something dead had been in the trunk.

No doubt, they both smelled and saw exactly where Caylee laid and began to decompose. They had to have seen what the stain really looked like.

Since she was triple bagged, I doubt there was much leakage and that the flies, larvae, adipocere, etc. probably stayed mostly inside the plastic bags.

Below snipped thingy from Lippman illustrates that they were considering it.

"The Kelley Blue Book lists the normal value on a used Sunfire at about $3,000, but Lipman said it could go to a collector for more than that. The money would be donated to the new foundation the Anthonys are establishing in memory of Caylee Anthony."

IMO, they were just testing the waters of public opinion. Of course the Dr. Phil interview dough to their "Fund", made it less pressing in their quest for bucks to that fund. I guess their "salaries" can now commence.

http://www.wesh.com/r/28672924/detail.html

In the same breath Lippman says this:

"I've had multiple offers to purchase it, but George and Cindy do not want to profit off it by any means," Lippman told WESH."

IMO, it's not clear to me that they were giving any serious thought to selling the Sunfire. And the end result is what it is... no more car.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28672924/detail.html#ixzz1VZhHys8q

Maybe the media did find out about the car on their own, maybe. But past behavior tells me different.

As far as the media knowing their every move, including the car being destroyed - the A's fed that monster almost everyday for three years, and I don't think MSM attention comes with an on/off switch. The whole lot of them have them benefited from the frenzy they created, and none of them have rung out the last dime from Caylee's misery just yet.

I'm just glad the car is demolished. I would not like to read about it being sold to some freaky collector or up for bids on ebay. That would have made my heart hurt.
i dont see how they benefited .. they are the most hated ppl in america right now .. no money can fix that ..i think the public's frenzied hatred for them is whats feeding their pocket books ..we can blame them till the cows come home but its gotten to the point to where they breath and its all over the news and the public "us" its what is doin it ..and the media feeds right off of it thus ppl want to talk to them and pay them for it .if we want them to go away we need to forget them ..

Are there pictures of this shrine? I'd like to see them and I can't find any!

If something like this happened to my grand child, I would definitely carry something to represent her. I never saw the underlying evil - I still don't. What is it that irks people about the grandmother carrying a teddy bear for Caylee?

They went to Home Depot, they went to a Disney resort, they went to their grand daughter's birthday/memorial. It's been over a month since the verdict - doesn't seem as though they've been doing the talk show circuit. I know, Dr. Phil - they could, no doubt, have made WAY more in this past month.

ITA. And I think there's a difference between having pictures of your granddaughter at home, versus looking at a picture of your granddaughter when you're on the stand testifying in her murder. I'd think looking at her picture while talking about the circumstances around her death would compel one to want the pic taken down.

Dr. Phil is in the Parking Lot. Back on topic the CAR! All the rest is OT.

After reading the entire thread, here are a few of my thoughts on the car being crushed….

:woohoo: I’m so glad. That car was a murder weapon/trap/coffin for a beautiful 2 year old baby.

I believe GA knows Caylee either died in that car or she was placed there right after her murder.

*IMO George did not have the car crushed to get rid of evidence. The car was in LE possession for 3 years. I’m sure ALL the evidence was taken from the car in those years.

*IMO George was not finishing a clean up job that he started in July of 2008. Again, the car was in LE possession for 3 years

*IMO George Anthony never intended to sell the car on Ebay to the highest bidder. . He did not sell it on Ebay. I hope those rumors/theories can be laid to rest.

*IMO this has nothing to do with Dr. Phil. The Dr. Phil show has already been taped.

*IMO GA and CA did not “collect money” for the scrap metal. If they did, so what? What is scrap worth? $300 at best???

*IMO The Anthony’s did not have the car crushed to help or rehabilitate their “public image” or to manipulate the media.

*IMO the car was not crushed to make room in their garage for their new Jeep.

*IMO they could not have hooked the car up to the “bass boat” and had them crushed together because the Anthony’s do not own the boat.

*IMO GA and CA would love nothing more than to rewind approx. 3 years and 3 months and take the car and Caylee away from Casey. Or sign the car over to Casey and keep Caylee.

*IMO GA and CA have not “inflated” the value of the PSF @ $3,000 to go back on their taxes or to file it on their insurance. They made the decision to crush the car, it was not an accident or a theft. They totaled the car by choice. I don’t know about FL insurance laws but I’m pretty sure that would not fall under a “loss” on your automobile insurance. Even if they could, I was an insurance adjuster for years and people can’t place values on an automobile for a claim. Adjusters do that. Not to mention, I’m sure the insurance was dropped years ago. I don’t think they have been paying insurance on a car that was not in their possession.

This, IMO, is a great step forward for the Anthonys.

I’m so glad they had that car crushed. Good riddens PSF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Kimberly... posts like this confirm my belief that I am not crazy, because sometimes I wonder if it's just me! :juggle: (Insert snarky comment here)

He took air samples when they were still really strong.

I'm sure he took notes on what he found.

I guess I'm failing to see what he could get 3 years or more later.

What should have been done with the car if not crushed?

Should Dr. Vass have taken it "just in case"?
Should LE have kept storing it "just in case"?
Should the Anthony's have been ordered to keep it "just in case"?

I mean, what logical action should have been taken?

ETA: LE was DONE with it.

ITA. The car was given back to the A's... a clear sign that LE was done with it.

i dont see how they benefited .. they are the most hated ppl in america right now .. no money can fix that ..i think the public's frenzied hatred for them is whats feeding their pocket books ..we can blame them till the cows come home but its gotten to the point to where they breath and its all over the news and the public "us" its what is doin it ..and the media feeds right off of it thus ppl want to talk to them and pay them for it .if we want them to go away we need to forget them ..

Thanks x eleventy billion.

IMO there is some weight to the theory that destroying the car was, in some sense, destroying evidence that may prove fertile in the future. Especially considering Dr Vass' ongoing studies.

I doubt that when evidence was saved 20 years ago was specifically saved because anyone knew DNA testing would ever help define innocence or guilt.

You only have to have heard today's news of the Memphis III to understand this.

bold by me

Curious why posters are only saying this now. The WESH article where Lippman talked about offers coming in for the car happened weeks ago. At that time, there was a cryout that to keep the car for any purpose would be wrong. Now that it's destroyed, that's wrong too?

IMO, the smell in the car was some of the most telling evidence the SA had in this case. Most of the evidence was strong, IMO, but the evidence of decomp in the car proved that a body had been in the vehicle during some level of decomposition.

IIRC, one of the jurors (may have been an alternate) said after the verdict that they were not convinced Caylee's body had been in the car. Considering how much the decomp smell was talked about at trial and the level of expert testimony presented about the smell, I find it highly questionable that the jury was not allowed to witness that smell. I would bet that even those who had never smelled decomp before would have been convinced that the smell in the car was not trash (or garbage).

Why the smell cans were allowed to be introduced as evidence but not allowed to be opened, I will never understand. If evidence in any form is not allowed to be witnessed by a jury, the defense then has a huge advantage. If seems to me that if physical evidence can be "witnessed" by jurors with their eyes, smell evidence must be allowed to be "witnessed" by jurors with their noses.

People who had smelled that car have said they had no doubt about the smell. It is just unbelievable that those who needed to be convinced about the evidence in the case (the jurors) were not allowed the opportunity to examine the smell evidence.

There is no issue, legal or moral, IMO, with the car being destroyed. The perp has been set free and can never be tried again for this crime so no evidence in the case needs to be preserved anymore. I do not believe George's intent was to destroy evidence; IMO he chose the best way possible to get rid of a vehicle that was of no practical use to anyone.

ITA. And I think there's a difference between having pictures of your granddaughter at home, versus looking at a picture of your granddaughter when you're on the stand testifying in her murder. I'd think looking at her picture while talking about the circumstances around her death would compel one to want the pic taken down.

I'm no fan of the A's ,but I'll agree with you based on my own experience . It really does depend on the situation you're in . Sometimes it just hits you out of the blue.
That said,in the 3 years prior to the trial I expected to see a lot more grief from the A's and saw displaced anger instead. My husband and I could have chosen to be angry at a couple of people who were not very nice to my son (to put it mildly)that day, but made a concerted effort to make sure they didn't blame themselves .That would be a terrible burden to carry for life. With a suicide everyone tends to carry guilt ,anyway. Cindy chose to blame everyone except the one the person responsible for Caylee's death.

I just don't understand the A's and I no longer trust their motives for anything they do. I tried to understand them in the beginning and stood up for their odd behavior,but eventually it was clear it wasn't just shock and grief making them behave badly,they were showing us who they are all the time.
I have no idea why George had the car crushed. I wonder who has it now? :waitasec:

Thank you Kimberly... posts like this confirm my belief that I am not crazy, because sometimes I wonder if it's just me! :juggle: (Insert snarky comment here)

:trout: :innocent:

IIRC, one of the jurors (may have been an alternate) said after the verdict that they were not convinced Caylee's body had been in the car.

Snipped

I don't understand why the hits by the cadaver dogs didn't convince them, along with the other evidence presented.

IMO there is some weight to the theory that destroying the car was, in some sense, destroying evidence that may prove fertile in the future. Especially considering Dr Vass' ongoing studies.

I doubt that when evidence was saved 20 years ago was specifically saved because anyone knew DNA testing would ever help define innocence or guilt.

You only have to have heard today's news of the Memphis III to understand this.

I understand what you are saying: Evidence should be kept indefintely in case new evidence comes to light that could change the outcome of a trial.

That does not apply to this case, however. In this case, the killer was not convicted. There can be no new trial in this case, ever, not even if a truckload of new evidence comes up some day in the future.

If Casey had been convicted, your example would apply. But she wasn't, so it doesn't.

I'm not quite sure what to think about this yet. I'm going to have to ponder this for a while.

The problem is we've watched this family for the last 3 years. Crushing this car probably isn't what we would rationalize it out to be---not with the Anthony's. There's no telling what the heck they were thinking.

I'm going to have to sit and ponder this a good while.

Kat,
unless it really is going to be sold as a piece of art or auctioned off on e-bay ,we will never figure out the A's motive,IMO.Waste of time to try. :twocents:

Snipped

I don't understand why the hits by the cadaver dogs didn't convince them, along with the other evidence presented.

I don't understand it either.

WARNING: Anyone else that says anything about FCA being in the trunk is going to get recommended for a TO. We have removed several posts. STOP with the wishing harm upon others.

Thanks,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads