George Michael Dies

Such a crush on this man; God-given gorgeous looks and a voice from the heavens. -Imo, "Everything She Wants" is the best of WHAM, and perhaps the song that hinted at a great song writing future. The variations on this song alone are stunning from live performances to the wonderful jazzy unplugged version.

So few albums like Faith are a tour de force. -The man was every sexuality. He loved beauty. His raw themes, utterly fine musicianship, artistry, has the power to transport one back to an amazing time in an instant, in a flash.

All I can say is I am so happy to have crazily enjoyed his dance hits in the clubs back in the day. Good times! -Like James Brown, who also died on Christmas Day, I find I can only celebrate the gifts he bestowed.

He was so young when he shot to superstardom. Every major artist loved dueting with him. He matured with a great body of work. And I think this is what defines a legend.
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Such a crush on this man; God-given gorgeous looks and a voice from the heavens. -Imo, "Everything She Wants" is the best of WHAM, and perhaps the song that hinted at a great song writing future. The variations on this song alone are stunning from live performances to the wonderful jazzy unplugged version.

So few albums like Faith are a tour de force. -The man was every sexuality. He loved beauty. His raw themes, utterly fine musicianship, artistry, has the power to transport one back to an amazing time in an instant, in a flash.

All I can say is I am so happy to have crazily enjoyed his dance hits in the clubs back in the day. Good times! -Like James Brown, who also died on Christmas Day, I find I can only celebrate the gifts he bestowed.

He was so young when he shot to superstardom. Every major artist loved dueting with him. He matured with a great body of work. And I think this is what defines a legend.

Thank you rose, this was beautiful! And I totally agree!

When Faith came out in 1987, I was living in one of the few long established artist and gay small towns in East Coast America. One of the things that was sublime about being an artsy bohemian type straight female was the gay dance clubs were entirely liberating – Just dance!!!! Dance your *advertiser censored* off…

I’m sure all the richness of George Michael’s sexuality was not lost on this community and omg, they knew, and who cares, and it doesn’t matter, because he spoke to everyone.

It was also a time of great loss as beloved friends were dying of AIDS and were so scrutinized and ostracized, and abandoned by support for research. –Dark times….

Aside from perhaps the most gorgeous voice I’ve ever heard was the power of his directness; Faith, Father Figure, I Want Your Sex, Monkey were all crossover wonders that held dear to intimacy. He punched through into the mainstream with such authenticity. There are very few albums, like a great work of art, like monumental literature, like the body in motion in dance that does that.

George Michael was elegant in all his live performances. Symphonica was a pinnacle – to perform his songs with an orchestra – It doesn’t get much more elegant or beautiful than that.

Godspeed George Michael.

When Faith came out in 1987, I was living in one of the few long established artist and gay small towns in East Coast America. One of the things that was sublime about being an artsy bohemian type straight female was the gay dance clubs were entirely liberating – Just dance!!!! Dance your *advertiser censored* off…

I’m sure all the richness of George Michael’s sexuality was not lost on this community and omg, they knew, and who cares, and it doesn’t matter, because he spoke to everyone.

It was also a time of great loss as beloved friends were dying of AIDS and were so scrutinized and ostracized, and abandoned by support for research. –Dark times….

Aside from perhaps the most gorgeous voice I’ve ever heard was the power of his directness; Faith, Father Figure, I Want Your Sex, Monkey were all crossover wonders that held dear to intimacy. He punched through into the mainstream with such authenticity. There are very few albums, like a great work of art, like monumental literature, like the body in motion in dance that does that.

George Michael was elegant in all his live performances. Symphonica was a pinnacle – to perform his songs with an orchestra – It doesn’t get much more elegant or beautiful than that.

Godspeed George Michael.

Don't know if I am right but when I read this Dewey Beach came to mind. jmo idk

[video=youtube;4jCFO48N-CQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jCFO48N-CQ[/video]

His looks did change drastically, I can't help but think his health was very poor looking so bloated.
Steroids? My husband puffed up with his chemo and steroids and then he went back to normal after awhile.

[video=youtube;V8Zs8NDX0P0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Zs8NDX0P0[/video]

This is one of my favorite duets and cover of the great Stevie Wonder's AS. George Michael gives me the goosies! --Beautiful voices. And, Mary J Blige has the best grrrrrrs ever!

His looks did change drastically, I can't help but think his health was very poor looking so bloated.
Steroids? My husband puffed up with his chemo and steroids and then he went back to normal after awhile.

Looking at the photo line up in the post above yours, something seems to have affected his weight/health after 2010. Up to 2010 he looked fit and healthy, and happy as well. I can only assume that he had some kind of illness over the last 5 or 6 years of his life, the treatment of which caused him to gain weight rapidly and excessively. I don't think it was an eating, drinking, or drug problem, they don't usually start when you are in the end-40s. I think he was ill.

Looking at the photo line up in the post above yours, something seems to have affected his weight/health after 2010. Up to 2010 he looked fit and healthy, and happy as well. I can only assume that he had some kind of illness over the last 5 or 6 years of his life, the treatment of which caused him to gain weight rapidly and excessively. I don't think it was an eating, drinking, or drug problem, they don't usually start when you are in the end-40s. I think he was ill.

After 2010 yes. He was in hospital/private clinic in Switzerland for a long time in 2011. I can't go back through the thread just now but it may have been mentioned here.
There were various stories in the media at the time so I won't search for any to quote because I don't know the facts about the reason for his stay. He collapsed before a concert and it was said that he was diagnosed with pneumonia then. IIRC he was already looking ill/heavy before that happened.

I remember when Wham! had their first hit and reading interviews in the pop mags back then where George said he'd been 'the fat kid' at school. So perhaps he did have a lifelong battle with his weight which he managed to keep under control during the peak of his career. IDK.
MOO.

Looking at the photo line up in the post above yours, something seems to have affected his weight/health after 2010. Up to 2010 he looked fit and healthy, and happy as well. I can only assume that he had some kind of illness over the last 5 or 6 years of his life, the treatment of which caused him to gain weight rapidly and excessive.ly. I don't think it was an eating, drinking, or drug problem, they don't usually start when you are in the end-40s. I think he was ill.

Bbm: Agree. I think his health took a downward turn after pneumonia in mid 2014. People don't realize how life threatening it can be. And from what I have read his hospitalization was very serious. There may have been lasting complications, lung and heart.

george michael freedom
[video=youtube;diYAc7gB-0A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diYAc7gB-0A[/video]

Oh yeah...

Just heard that the post-mortem has been 'inconclusive' and further tests are required.

http://news.sky.com/story/george-michaels-post-mortem-report-deemed-inconclusive-10712072

Bbm: Agree. I think his health took a downward turn after pneumonia in mid 2014. People don't realize how life threatening it can be. And from what I have read his hospitalization was very serious. There may have been lasting complications, lung and heart.

Yet the autopsy was inconclusive. So, not the usual culprits like heart attack, stroke, or even lung disease or kidney failure.

Now I'm stumped again. :thinking:

Ever since he died I'm humming Careless Whisper. I love that song!

just so neat

audience lackluster his voice is so good

love to see others do a cover it changes it but it is always a tribute to HIM

[video=youtube;0R8ZJfTITpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R8ZJfTITpA[/video]

love ya George

just so neat

audience lackluster his voice is so good

love to see others do a cover it changes it but it is always a tribute to HIM

[video=youtube;0R8ZJfTITpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R8ZJfTITpA[/video]

love ya George

Not lackluster audience at all! They are Finnish. They are there - that's enough demonstration of enthusiasm. :)

Great rendition of the song.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho