George Sodder saw a picture of a young girl in a magazine that he believed was Betty

Digital ID: 98F1578

Creator(s):

Wood, Roger -- Photographer

Kirov Ballet School / Roger Wood, photographer.

In:

[Photographic prints of dancers and dance companies.] > Kirov Ballet School.

Created Date:

Can someone tell again what the story is regarding the picture in the magazine? I looked for that information and couldn't find it in the mountain of information about the case!

Can someone tell again what the story is regarding the picture in the magazine? I looked for that information and couldn't find it in the mountain of information about the case!

Thanks Ed, I was looking too..and I have just been searching strings to see if anything popped out, LOL!

Look at page 7 of the 2nd set of posts
George Sodder believed he saw his daughter's pictures a couple of years or so after the fire. He swore that a little girl in a magazine of a photo of ballet students was Betty Sodder, the youngest child.

The February 5, 1946 issue lists "Ballet Fashion Show".

I sent this to our friend over at the library of congress. Everyone hope/pray/whatever you do.

I did a google search of Walt Whitman School and several schools came up.

This discussion forum also came up. Might be worth a try. I can't register as I'm on my work computer.

http://www.gothamcenter.org/discussions/

On another note, I could almost swear that I've heard the term "Walt Whitman School of Dance" mentioned in a movie or something. I'm thinking it may be Beaches, but I could be wrong. I'm racking my brain trying to remember where I've heard it before.

Hope this helps.

I think someone mentioned earlier that they may have been pages missing from the Look Magazine. There were not because I went through the mazazine page by page and all pages were there. I was so excited to find that copy-paid around $14.00 for it and couldn't wait to get it. I was also very disappointed that the article was not in the magazine. I was just thinking-maybe it was a typo on the year. Could it have been May 1948 rather than 1946. I have searched and searched the internet but can't find a thing on it-even requesting people selling old Look magazines to look for it.

There is a person registered on classmates com. (a woman) that went to school there at that time. I do not have a gold account so I can't write to her. Anyone have a gold account?

I am getting a free membership and am going to place Betty Sodder's photo up as if it is my photo. Perhaps someone will write to us, based off of her photo. Even if it isn't actually Betty, a lookalike and than someone seeing this photo of the other lookalike might be enough to jog someone's memory and they may write to my email.

I think it is $15.00 for 3 months. My problem was they kept billing by credit card every 3 months after until I complained and cancelled.

Christine, I am getting ready to email you with the girls name and a picture. Went to Walt Whitman Intermediate 44-48 and graduated from St. Joseph, 1956. She may know something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back