George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a rising 3rd grader and a rising 7th grader. They both learned cursive in school. Last year, in 2nd grade, all work after Xmas was required to be done in cursive. So, it is a requirement still in some schools.

Are your kids in private school?

Did I just hear George never learned how to punch? imo

Yes - there's a biodynamic of how you stand and punch, and he never got good enough to spar with another player.

Very telling. Also, kind of embarrassing. I think they're overdoing it a bit on the lack of ability.

Is it just me or do any of our friends here who are females of a certain age now want to go to MMA class?

just kidding, this sounds like real beat you up fighting, not wrasslin'. I bet it's a heck of a workout, though. IMO

My son did MMA and kickboxing before he left for the Navy. He was in AMAZING shape! Great workout, and learning some self-defense is never a bad thing :)

Yes - there's a biodynamic of how you stand and punch, and he never got good enough to spar with another player.

Very telling. Also, kind of embarrassing. I think they're overdoing it a bit on the lack of ability.

Yeah, we get it. George could not fight. Makes sense he would be screaming his head off during the altercation.

MMA is a big deal these days. Check out Spike or perhaps NBCSports channels. It's a more brutal (but legal and refereed) form of fighting.

The first time I ever heard of MMA was during the JA trial. TA and his friends liked to watch it on TV.

LOL at her comment:floorlaugh: You're gonna have you hands full when she gets older! :scared:

already do, (just last night she ripped me a new one by not being home in an appropriate amount of time to run my errand, she scolded my husband and myself even though she was hanging out with grandmom) She is 8 going on 60 :eek

Sounds like the state falls flat again. GZ wasn't a highly trained terminator/mma expert. Another goofy aspect of their case slips away. imo

This witness is destroying the state's argument that GZ was an accomplished fighter.

IN MY OPINION

I know that the prosecution is trying to assert that it wasn't possible for George to both be smothered and scream at the same time, based on his accounts of that night.

Here's something to consider... John Good testifies to seeing the fight on the grass first, and then it moves up to the concrete. It's totally plausible to me that when Trayvon got George on the ground in the grass, he immediately covered his mouth and nose putting George in to a panic.

From there, it moved up to the side walk where Trayvon grabbed his head and started putting it against pavement, opening up the opportunity for George to start screaming at that point. If they were relatively low to the ground, and George was struggling in response, his head injuries may not have been severe as opposed to somebody who is standing upright and gets thrown to the ground on concrete. So the fact that the cuts to the back of the head are not severe, indicates to me that potentially his head was thrashing back and forth on the pavement or being knocked from a close distance from the ground. He did have abrasions/rash-like injuries as well as the two open cuts.

The fact that George can't remember the sequence from exact moment to exact moment is not rare. People in these circumstances usually are not able to say the precise way everything happened, especially when it happens in a very short time frame.

In my opinion, it's totally plausible that he was briefly smothered, creating panic, and then the head on pavement and Trayvon's hands near his gun pushed him over the edge, as far as fear is concerned.

The prosecution's argument that he couldn't have had the opportunity to scream doesn't work for me.

IMO

Yes. It all happens so fast, and yet it seems to take forever. I can recall that I was hit from behind, thrown around the room, was hit in the face and had my head pounded into the floor. Someone might say, how were you thrown around the room while your head was pounded into the floor? Well, it was all happening in rapid succession. GZ's recollection just nails it, down to the trying to get his head away from the sidewalk. IMO, only a person who had been through a similar assault could describe it so well. That's what people who (thankfully) don't share the experience don't get. GZ's story isn't inconsistent. It is spot on in all the details that IMO count. JMO. OMO. MOO.

The Prosecution did not use this witness did they??? I don't remember him and if they did not, it is very telling to me. This shows that he was no MMA expert. He was trying and then just never had talent for it...

OMO

I assist with MMA at our gym. My son fights. This witness is a friend of GZ as well as owner of the gym. To me he's got reason to not show GZ as an MMA expert to show him as a victim here and not the aggressor. But, whether or not GZ was an MMA expert, with the frequency he "trained"- witness states, approx 6 hours a week...he could easily defend himself against an untrained person wrestling, grappling, and striking him. IMO

Also, now makes me curious as to if anyone has inquired about his last training day and whether his "injuries" could have been from that training and not TM but actually reopened or aggravated by their altercation. Unless I missed it.

This witness seems to really want to testify to George's mental state rather than his athletic ability..

No, it's no longer taught in any Florida public school, and hasn't been for a long time (I don't know about private schools).

However, DD#4 (going into 8th grade this year), has had keyboarding (typing for us old folks), since 3rd grade.

It's all about the FCATs here, and there is no grade for cursive :(

Cursive is indeed taught in Florida public schools.

It sounds pretty much like I'd have guessed his athleticism to be based on his physical appearance...I'm actually kind of surprised he showed up for as many hours as he did, but then I guess that time probably included a lot of standing around watching time.

You know, I think that this witness is extremely credible..

Why ? Because it does him no favors to have someone come to his gym that he could not help become an
expert... OMO

Witness: GZ trained in MMA for less than a year. On a scale of 1-10 for ability, witness would give him a .5

So when GZ told the Physician's assistant that he trained in MMA 3 days a week for 3 hours a day, what was he talking about?

I assist with MMA at our gym. My son fights. This witness is a friend of GZ as well as owner of the gym. To me he's got reason to not show GZ as an MMA expert to show him as a victim here and not the aggressor. But, whether or not GZ was an MMA expert, with the frequency he "trained"- witness states, approx 6 hours a week...he could easily defend himself against an untrained person wrestling, grappling, and striking him. IMO

Also, now makes me curious as to if anyone has inquired about his last training day and whether his "injuries" could have been from that training and not TM but actually reopened or aggravated by their altercation. Unless I missed it.

This witness seems to really want to testify to George's mental state rather than his athletic ability..

So you think this witness is committing perjury? And why wouldn't he simply defend himself if he could?

So when GZ told the Physician's assistant that he trained in MMA 3 days a week for 3 hours a day, what was he talking about?

He could have been trying but to me it sounds like this witness is saying, While the effort may have been there the skill level never got better... OMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member