George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Discussion in 'George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin' started by Tricia, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m1279

m1279 Member

(snipped by me for space)

I'm a little confused as to why GZ supporters are being called "fans?" jmo but that's a little over the top.

2. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

And I will say it is a VERY sad day when teenagers are committing a lot of crimes and even alleged JUMPING ON AND BEATING neighborhood folks that are keeping an eye on them only have society say well even if the teen jumped on GZ and beat him it ain't no big deal, teens do that these days and shouldn't be judged harshly for it..

IMO opinion may here have said "well the injuries on GZ weren't that bad" which in MY MIND basically means they are ADMITTING they think TM jumped him but they don't care! Yes it is a very sad day when our society has learned to make excuses for attacks of that nature.

IMO.

3. numnut

numnut New Member

They were Defense witnesses BEFORE they were State's witnesses. But, the State presents their case first and in my opinion their witnesses already proved Self Defense. '

Again, JMO

4. sacrablue

sacrablue New Member

I would never allow a stranger to follow me home, never. IMO

5. Just K

Just K New Member

I had to go away for two plus hours and just now read that we can't speak on GZ's possible mental/personality traits.

I see that my response re: the reply to my earlier post is deleted. I didn't mean to address the issue after the mods request.

On this issue, the State is arguing that GZ made a conscious choice to shoot TM inferring that GZ could have avoided this entire result.

6. Nezumi

Nezumi New Member

IMO, no murder did happen. But it's not up to you or me to decide that. It's up to the jury to decide. And I hope they acquit GZ.

7. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

She previously ruled that it couldn't be referred to in opening statements. She allowed it in for the defense case and specifically mentioned that it would be reversible error for her not to under the relevant cases. Not my opinion. I listened to the livestream

8. MouseTheLuckyDog

MouseTheLuckyDog New Member

Going out the back entrance to the community and doubling back to the 711. Calling 911.
    BTW after punching GZ and mounting him he could have run away and the state GZ was in he could not have seen where he went.

9. New1

New1 Member

I feel really bad that TM is dead, BUT....I truly believe he is the one who started the fight. The evidence points to it, and I believe the Martins know it was not their son screaming for help on the 911 tape. It's common sense to figure out the one who was getting beaten up is the one screaming for help. It's also common sense to believe if TM ran from GZ, there's no way GZ could have caught up with him.

10. sacrablue

sacrablue New Member

Looks like he is on drugs, carrying a lighter, swaying in 7-11.
    This is getting scary.
    This Judge better watch out for these jokers. IMO

11. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

See, I always thought it was possible that TM was grabbed and that he could have elbowed GZ in the face (lack of bruising on his hands). Unfortunately, we will never know what really went down. You have the victim who is dead and the defendant who is trying to save himself from going to prison.

12. JusticeJunkie

JusticeJunkie New Member

I realize it is in now. I thought when the ME testified for the state, she ruled the toxicology reports were not allowed to come in.
    My question is - did she rule, then reverse, or did she not rule at all before the ME was called?

13. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

Yes, IIRC the times of the phone calls support what you're saying.

14. DIBSY

DIBSY New Member

IMO to insist the victim is responsible for their own death in a case like this is UnAmerican, unChristian and just plain old wrong.

15. Zuri

Zuri Well-Known Member

ITA. However, I am not angry, just saddened by this case. BUT, if it was my child, Lord help the other person. My children have been raised with morals and values and an education. Some of their choices have caused me heartbreak. I have heard their language with their friends and I know that is NOT how they speak in polite society. I have also seen some of their FB posts that have prompted me to tell them to take them down. My children are young adults and I realize I have to give them room. However, their actions and speech does reflect on us as their parents. Perception is everything. JMV

16. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

A man is on trial for second degree murder. IMO, "decency," whatever one believes that means, is not an issue. The truth is the only issue.

Plus, for me at least, it's not blame "shifting." It's putting some of the blame where it properly belongs. I don't blame George at all, so there's no shifting from my perspective. all jmo

17. sacrablue

sacrablue New Member

Interesting, but I have as much right to be there as this civilian. I am not going to walk a mile because of his behavior. I am going to confront the person and get it over with so I do not live in fear for the rest of the week. IMO

18. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Polley,
    How do you know all the truth has been told? We do not know Trayvons background because it can't come in. The judge only now ruled that drug use can come in. It's the duty of prosecution to paint GZ as a bad guy. It is the job of the defense to defend him against those accusations. And if TM has a bad past, drugs or otherwise, that should also be considered. Let the trial continue. The mods did say NOT to use the word murder here until there has been a conviction.

19. LynnM

LynnM New Member

Well that is in your mind. What I am thinking when I say that his injuries aren't that bad -- and I do say that -- is that this does not support GZ's stories about being severely battered and afraid he was going to die. IMO, GZ confronted Trayvon, failed to tell him he was with neighborhood watch and wanted to know if he had a legitimate reason for being in the neighborhood, attempted to restrain him, and Trayvon defended himself as he had a right to do. I think George Zimmerman then shot him. I do not think that Trayvon jumped him.

20. Beyond Belief

Beyond Belief New Member

I don't think we're ever going to know what happened. The only thing I can see is that Zimmerman was getting whacked and he shot Martin. If the law says thats okay, then its okay. Not saying I condone it. IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.