George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Discussion in 'George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin' started by Tricia, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DIBSY

DIBSY New Member

Seems like it's considered admirable for GZ to have a criminal record...dead men tell no tales. IMO

2. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

Absolutely. IMO it's part of the autopsy and the complete autopsy report should be before the jury

3. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

BBM

That is absolutely true. But on the other hand, what if it was reversed. What if the unknown person he was watching was actually a rapist or an armed home invader? And GZ had stayed in his car and lost track of him. Maybe we would have been criticizing GZ for not keeping track of the potential suspect, if that suspect broke into a home and terrorized someone. There were several recent cases of home invasions and burglaries in that complex, so it makes sense that GZ was suspicious. JMO

4. sorrell skye

sorrell skye Former Member

Yep, after the State's witness Dr. Bao (the ME who performed the autopsy on TM) testified regarding his opinion about how THC may affect someone, he opened the door for the toxicology to come in.

The State, IMO, has no one but themselves to blame for this information now coming in, since it appears they may have not properly prepared their witness. MOO

5. William N

William N Member

The prosecution looks bad IMO because they never had a case. So the state's witnesses "were pro defense anyway?" Still more reason the case should never have been brought.

6. AngelWings444

AngelWings444 New Member

GZ said that Trayvon punched him 20-30 times. Trayvon had one abrasion to his non-dominate hand. IF Trayvon had punched GZ 20-30 times, you would have seen many wounds to Trayvon's hands! GZ's story is not believable. :twocents:

7. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Yes in YOUR opinion. We are Americans, I am a Christian and it is not wrong to want to know all the facts before putting a man in prison. This was a tragedy but so far, the prosecution never proved murder. And they rested their case. Tells me a lot!! IMO.

8. ?noanswer

?noanswer New Member

I wonder if anyone could have prepared this witness!!

JMO

9. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

...ya see that's what I think is really behind this. There's an ELEPHANT in the room, IMO...but I do see it behind a lot of the public's opinion.

10. LynnM

LynnM New Member

I would certainly not be criticizing GZ for staying in the car had be been following a serial killer carrying a machete. The Neighborhood Watch guidelines say to watch and report and not put yourself in danger.

11. LC446

LC446 Member

This blame the victim going on here reminds me of the type of thing that happens to sexual assault victims. We don't accept it when it happens to them but it's been acceptable and allowed in this case. When this forum first opened on WS, I was asking all the same questions about why TM was being villified when he is the victim. He IS the victim as there is someone on trial for his murder. The only person calling him an aggressor is the person who admittedly shot him. If he says anything different, he's in big trouble. He has EVERY motivation to lie. I haven't been commenting much, just reading and I've been terribly disappointed in the some of the things I've read. I understand everyone has an opinon and a right to voice their opinion and I respect that, even if I don't agree.

IMO

12. polleypockets

polleypockets New Member

can you please show what evidence - besides gz's words that tm was the aggressor and started the fight??? there isn't any except gz's testimony, and gz has already changed stories and also been caught in lies - bail hearing where he lied about $$ and his wife was charged with perjury - that i can't believe gz's testimony - imo - and i don't understand why ppkl are so quick to believe gz even though he has been caught in many untruths already

13. IfIMay

IfIMay New Member

Isn't that determination for the JURY? IMHO>

14. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

But attacking the victim and the victim's family is against TOS...regardless of how we individually feel or what perspective we have.
    I think I understand now why these threads are closed at night. lol (but not really)

15. LynnM

LynnM New Member

I agree, I don't think I have ever heard anyone testify like this in all my years of watching trials. It was surreal. He wouldn't listen to the prosecutor's questions, the defense attorney's questions, or the judge's repeated instructions! He had things he wanted to say and he insisted on saying them.

16. sacrablue

sacrablue New Member

OK, If you have a gun permit, you are told to avoid confrontations. The best way to do that is stay in the truck and dial 911. GZ had no business walking around shaking down potential thieves. None IMO

17. DIBSY

DIBSY New Member

Originally Lead Detective Chris Serino said they had a case but I think by then the State was afraid to bring a charge against GZ.

Not in my opinion, the State should have called all Pro Prosecution witnesses to begin with. They do exist. IMO

18. William N

William N Member

IMO there is not a shred of evidence for the above scenario. The state has to prove GZ was at fault, which they failed to do during their case in chief.

19. ?noanswer

?noanswer New Member

Seems I was wrong about what the State wants to eleminate. It wasn't the demo earlier today, but something is going to happen in future testimony. Court in recess until Witness can get there.

JMO

20. daisymae

daisymae Registered User

The judge is allowing toxicology reports as to pot/THC in Travyon's system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.