George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bet I would if they tried to lie to me and tell me those wounds were Life Threatening. A couple of bandaides with NO internal injuries are negligible. IMO Broken noses are a dime a dozen in this world....quite a few in my family...who don't engage in fights like the defense does, but got theirs in sports injuries.IMO

The female ME declared the head injuries to be very slight.
Plus she said his head only hit the cement one time...O'Mara got her to say it Might have hit the sidewalk again...she said it was " possible" but didn't change her testimony that it was only one time. IMO

The female ME only works on dead people.. She does not treat live ones. It does not matter what his injuries turned out to be, and a broken nose is not nothing..

What matters as a matter of LAW is that he felt his life was in danger and that his person was under attack. IF he had no outward injuries at all that would still apply because it is the assumption of the one being attacked,Not us that matters.
OMO

Doesn't matter, his violent background is very relevant as was his mental state, considering he injured GZ that night. If GZ's background comes in, so should TM's. imo

No offense Horace, but I have yet to see proof of a violent background with TM. What I have seen that includes violence is the same stupid stuff I see on about 50 percent of teenagers social media (The fight over the bike he recorded, the "bird flipping" pics, the tough talk in his tweets, etc.).
If one was inclined they could go to twitter, facebook, and youtube and probably find about a hundred kids like him in a 10 minute span.

It reminds me of something I saw about a dad seeing his kids facebook open. I won't link it, but I can post what was said-

"This Facebook update, posted by a dad who came upon his son Chris's profile when the teenager forgot to log off, is the best Facebook update we've ever seen:

"To all of Chris' friends: This is his father. My son carelessly left his account logged in so I decided to snoop around. Upon reading my son's personal information, I would like to clear a few things up. My son is not a "gangsta," he will not "beat a ho's *advertiser censored*" and he will most certainly not "roll a fatty wit his boyz." So for all of those who think he is some hard *advertiser censored** , think again...he is Chris, a 15 year old kid that was afraid of the dark untill he was 12 and cried at the end of Marley and Me."

My point is, social media posturing most times does not equal reality.
Not saying it is smart on these kids parts, but it is not out of the norm.

The female ME only works on dead people.. She does not treat live ones. It does not matter what his injuries turned out to be, and a broken nose is not nothing..

What matters as a matter of LAW is that he felt his life was in danger and that his person was under attack. IF he had no outward injuries at all that would still apply because it is the assumption of the one being attacked,Not us that matters.
OMO

As has been reported, the female ME that testified to the minor nature of GZ's injuries has some.........issues.

I think that it is reflexive for him to lie to appear to advantage. In the non-emergency call he is clear in saying that Trayvon ran. But in the Hannity interview when Trayvon running was put in the context of Trayvon being afraid of George, a stranger to him, and running he denied that Trayvon had being running and that he was afraid of him. Hannity pointed out that he HAD said Trayvon was running in the call. George again says that Trayvon did not run and suggests it was more 'like skipping.'

Agree with all you said- especially the reflexive lying. Are we to believe he did nothing to defend himself at all? He will not admit to anything that shows his obviously agressive behavior that night. He is still loathe to admit he made a mistake by following a teen home to his residence. God's will, my patootey!

IMHO

It is troubling that there are posts blatantly misstating facts/ making up facts and just using imo/jmo.

Over lunch break I heard on cnn that the defense has a animated reenactment. jmo

It is also troubling to see posts with links to facts that refute the blatant misstatements and distortions disappear with lightning speed.

conservativetreehouse.com does do a media and investigative study of the Martin family..in response to ScarlettScarpetta..can get link if ya need..They have info re: the step mom etal....right now have 2 windows open..not able to open more....

Guess I'm gonna need a new TV! I did not see any "profuse" crying on my end. I saw a slight bit of emotion coming from GZ and that was it. Everything is being blown out of proportion having to do with GZ. Then, others come along and reads this stuff and it becomes facts, that are repeated over and over again. I have a feeling GZ had listened to days and days of his character being trashed, and he became emotional hearing someone take up for him. I'm that way. You can say all kinds of mean things about me, and I'll show no emotion. Say something nice, and I'll cry like a baby.

I didn't see any crying either BUT it was described as " completely broke down in emotional tears " et al in reports of it...frankly I can't stand to look at him...that's the case for most defendents who are on trial for murder...I watch them at first...but when they show no remorse or even slightly flinch at the pain of their victim's family, I tune them out. IMO

I think GZ so-called injuries are blown out of all proportion as well as his exemplary actions, and his fear of an unarmed boy. IMO

I think GZ feels very sorry for himself, for having to stand trial like other shooters. He put himself above the law. IMO

:seeya:

Guess the Physicians Assistant, aka PA, will testify as to the extreme seriousness of GZ's owies. IMO
I only wish TM had hit GZ hard enough to knock him out cold for a few seconds, so he could have escaped his death. IMO
The PA testified as a prosecution witness the first week.
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2013/6/28/first_week_of_testim.html

Of course, that and the already exhaustive cross examination by Don West will not prevent the defense from calling her back for another round of boring and inconclusive testimony. IMO

Well she is a 19 year old high school senior, I believe, and had a friend write a letter she was unable to read, and signed it with a false name. Her facebook page, under employment said “My mama n daddy do all the work I just spend it.”. So I assume she wasn't working. I also don't buy the tri lingual excuse, jmo.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/twitter/rachel-jeantel-758403

When I was teaching at a college I had a secretary to whom I often dictated letters. She would type them and I would sign them. What's wrong with that?

His fans, yes. All over the internet. Also I may point out to you that Trayvon Martin's mother, brother , father and others connected to him are also gainfully employed, soft spoken, college educated and community minded.
Miss Jeantel was so soft spoken, the lawyers on both sides were unable to hear her....and had to ask her to speak louder. She is tri-lingual, with English as her third langauge and I have no idea what you know about her school/employment records. IMOL

BBM

What are you talking about?? Who's fans?

In regards to Miss Jeantel, I disagree with your implication that she is an educated pillar of society. Did you watch the same testimony I did? I don't care how many languages she speaks. She could not read. She was IMO combative on the witness stand and did not come across as being well-spoken OR articulate. Not even a little bit.

No way to get past this.. HIs dad said.. NO.... As per non partial witness.

OMO

No offense Horace, but I have yet to see proof of a violent background with TM. What I have seen that includes violence is the same stupid stuff I see on about 50 percent of teenagers social media (The fight over the bike he recorded, the "bird flipping" pics, the tough talk in his tweets, etc.).
If one was inclined they could go to twitter, facebook, and youtube and probably find about a hundred kids like him in a 10 minute span.

It reminds me of something I saw about a dad seeing his kids facebook open. I won't link it, but I can post what was said-

"This Facebook update, posted by a dad who came upon his son Chris's profile when the teenager forgot to log off, is the best Facebook update we've ever seen:

"To all of Chris' friends: This is his father. My son carelessly left his account logged in so I decided to snoop around. Upon reading my son's personal information, I would like to clear a few things up. My son is not a "gangsta," he will not "beat a ho's *advertiser censored*" and he will most certainly not "roll a fatty wit his boyz." So for all of those who think he is some hard *advertiser censored** , think again...he is Chris, a 15 year old kid that was afraid of the dark untill he was 12 and cried at the end of Marley and Me."

The fact that you find his outward appearances; physical, gun photos on his cell phone, profanity-laced speech, tough talk; those of a 'typical' teen does not mean he was not violent nor menacing. It means that judging by the number of kids who exhibit the same outward appearances who do exhibit violent and menacing behavior, we've got a real problem in this country.
IMO

Whoah!! Thanks for your kind efforts.
Albeit what I saw before his FB account was deleted was how TM was studing for his SATS, wanted to go into Aviation et al.

IMO

THANK YOU. I logged in specifically to say thank you for this. I'm so very tired of people claiming TM was violent based on some totally unverified tweets, but who will completely ignore GZ's actual police record that documents a history of violent actions. It's completely frustrating.

When I was teaching at a college I had a secretary to whom I often dictated letters. She would type them and I would sign them. What's wrong with that?

You believe this young woman served at RJ's 'secretary' then? I don't even see how your situation is comparable.

I assume you were able to read the letters you signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear