George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I don't think if I were Guy, I would want to close before a hungry and tired jury.

Their call, I guess.

It sounds to me like they're planning to deliver a verdict today.
IMHO

That's what I was thinking. They've already made up their minds. JMO. OMO. MOO.

O/T
Yikes...you may want to see a different dentist because once they remove the nerve by doing the root canal the first time, there shouldn't be another root to remove. Sorry for your pain. Hate dealing with dental stuff.

IT was so infected, under a cap that they had to stop because the the Novocaine would not take.. So he could only do a little at a time.. IT was brutal and not his fault.

My biggest problem:
I was a victim of domestic violence. I never had my head beat into cement, but I've been punched in the face and had my head smacked into tile..........not as many times as GZ's defense claims, but believe me, I looked hella worse than GZ did immediately and definitely a few hours later.
No one SAW the ENTIRE altercation. No one SAW who was following who.
I don't believe GZ.
That's where I would be stuck as a juror.
JMO, OMO.

Thank you. This is what troubles me the most, I'm very disappointed that TM, the victim, has not only suffered from a lack of sympathy, he had been made out to be a malicious attacker when there's NO EVIDENCE he had even hit GZ. IMO.

GZ had some MINOR injuries, period. TM had *ZERO* DNA of GZ on him, showing that he didn't punch, slam or tussle with GZ. Yet most insist that the lack of this CRUCIAL evidence means *NOTHING* and continue to state as a FACT that TM slammed and punched GZ. IMO.

Finally, it isn't enough for self-defense if a fight or an attack takes place. The defense *MUST* prove *REASONABLE FEAR* for one's life. GZ's tiny injuries will not lead any reasonable person to believe that GZ would have died or sustained great bodily harm *IMMINENTLY* when he shot to kill TM.

These words are very important - *REASONABLE* FEAR FOR *IMMINENT* DEATH/GREAT BODILY HARM.

It is not enough that you're being attacked in some manner as fights happen all the time, every minute, everywhere in the world. If the fears are not reasonable, if great bodily harm is not imminent, then there's no legal, legitimate basis for KILLING another person citing "self-defense". IMO Otherwise, anyone can bring a gun along at any fight and then kill the other citing "self-defense", GZ being acquitted would set a chilling precedent. IMO.

GZ had every right to fight, as did TM, but did he have the right to kill?

:twocents:MOO

BBM

Thanks for this. I think the intellectual dishonesty from some people on these issues is just astonishing.

There is no evidence of fear from TM.

Here we go with the feelings again.. Imagine, Feel, Emote.. Don't look at the evidence.

Totally agree. There is no reason to believe Trayvon was fearful and every reason to believe he was not. jmo

"Use your common sense, use your heart"… well which one do you want them to use cuz they aren't the same thing. JMO. OMO. MOO.

No - the difference is if your wisdom tooth is impacted. Then you will get bruising and black eyes.

IMO
Ow! You poor girl! That is terrible!
I had two impacted wisdom teeth and I had no bruising or black eyes from their extraction. You really should look for a gentle dentist, you sound like you have a butcher!

Well, this is scaring me, if I met a 6ft hooded child in the dark i would be terribly frightened. I just don't know what your suppose to after listening to all these thing. imo

I'm shocked its not necessary for Zimmerman to take the stand in a self defense case. It's unheard of where I come from.

Where do you come from? Not being snarky - genuinely curious.

Here in the United States it's okay to shoot someone who punches your nose and hits your head on the concrete. Self-defense.

IMO.

Yes indeed, the right to defend yourself when you are in fear of your life is one of the aspects that makes the US great. IMO

OH MY GOSH..

" I don't have all the fireworks" ?

Really? Evidence? IS that what you mean?

I wonder how long the Jury will deliberate. I have to wonder if they all decide to acquit early on if they will return a quick response or feel obligated to wait out through the weekend so it doesn't seem so obvious. I mean if they decided in 2 hours would they feel a bit guilty returning the verdict that quick so they could be home tonight and enjoy the weekend?

IMO.

Also it will be VERY interesting to hear what they think when this is over ESPECIALLY if they discover all of the stuff that was NOT allowed into evidence about TM.

YOU can bet those texts and emails prosecution managed to keep out speak VOLUMES.

IMO

If the texts and emails came into evidence the jury would have had a better picture of who tm was. moo

Guy sounds schmaltzy and phony, imo, after hearing O'Mara's more natural, style and tone. Guy sounds rehearsed and stilted, and overly dramatic, imo.

It's better than his usual arrogance, but still unpleasant. When he first got up and began speaking about "heart" with some fake emotion, I fully expected him to shed a few tears as a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine