George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep and posted pictures of a 12 year old. You think media didn't blow this up?

P.s. I don't know how to post a link. I see folks do it all the time. :seeya:

Yes, I know they posted pictures of him as a 12 year old which some people consider a criminal travesty, and I know they referred to him as a kid. But a little kid? Never saw that so if you have a link I'd be interested.

To post a link, you copy/paste the url, just like anywhere else.

Judge Nelson is reading these jury instructions so fast that I can't even keep up.

Of course, the jurors will receive a copy of these instructions.

Nevertheless, this judge, IMO, needs to slow down and read these instructions so they are clear and as if they are important to these proceedings.

How many times has she advised a witness to speak slowly so that the court reporter can transcribe?

MOO

Since IMO most of the evidence is open to interpretation, but not all, for instance, the fact that TM's DNA was not on the gun but GZ's was, is not open to interpretation. It is a fact. Eyewitness interpretation is open to interpretation and question. Are they truthful? Is what they are saying possible? So, IMO, the jury will make a decision based on their interpretation of the evidence. I believe much of it is open to interpretation and a lot of it is unbelievable, i.e. Zimmerman's versions. I would vote for guilt, but it will be interesting seeing what verdict comes out of the jury room.

I think the term "Fact" is being thrown around carelessy when clearly some of what was presented is not "Fact," but opinion and conjecture.

From a google search of credible polls approximately 70 to 80% of informed folks are leaning towards an acquittal.. Up until the trial began, I relied solely on ms media reports. Now that I have followed the trial and researched the info disallowed by Judge Nelson, etc.. The State's agenda seems very obvious, imo. This trial has been an intended persecution rather than an impartial prosecution, imo. Lady Liberty has a river of tears in her eyes...imo

Seems, the only person that provided concrete evidence(pun intended) in this trial was MOM..

I would vote for acquittal of George Zimmerman, without hesitation or reservation..

But that's not the only factor in this case.

He was not just a kid, walking home from the store or screwing off outside at dinner time talking to his girl.

And note, this didn't take place in the dead of night, this was DINNER TIME. Many people had only just finished getting home from work. Prime time TV hadn't even begun yet. It was early enough that had it not been drizzling there would have likely been little kids still out playing or heading home from their friend's houses.

But it wasn't some white teen in a letterman jacket, it was a black kid in a hoodie. Had it been me or most of the people posting here, I would have made it home just fine. Zimmerman wouldn't have batted an eye, he wouldn't have called 911, and he certainly wouldn't have followed me for blocks before getting out of his car to pursue me on foot.

And if he had, and events had played out exactly as they did with Martin, I suspect that not a single person here would be leaping to Zimmerman's defense. No one would casually asume that the middle aged white guy (me)suddenly went on a murderous rampage that could only be stopped with a gun. They would demand to know why I was being followed, and they would want some proof that I had gone freaking mental and attacked the person I had just finished fleeing from.

But I am not Martin. Actions that are completely fine and safe and above suspicion for me, were lethal for this teen. Assumptions that NO ONE would make in my case -- that I sucker punched people, told them I was going to murder them, and that I punched them dozens and dozens of times while beating their head into jello -- are accepted as gospel when the victim was Trayvon Martin.

IMO

PREACH IT!
:rockon:

Apartment complexes/condo facilities with any type of NW really should make it a point that residents let them know of a new family member or friend on the premises, so tragedies like this may be less likely to occur. It would just make sense to do this. IMO

I believe the burden is on the neighborhood watch. They are supposed to ask questions, like "Who are you visiting?" etc, not just assume someone is a lawbreaker because they don't recognize them. That certainly would keep tragedies like this from happening as well as not allowing NW people to carry guns.

Again, Name calling, Emotion.. No fact.

I agree, This prosecution is stooping to this because they have no real evidence. . I just can't imagine our Juan involving himself in a case like this. Was this all a case of politics?

Still watching the defense closing argument I taped earlier, and MOM just stated that Trayvon Martin could run a four minute mile if he was in decent shape. That is ludicrous. I think 5 high school runners have ever run a 4 minute mile. He just showed no idea what he was talking about. I am guessing he meant a 100 yards or something, I am really confused what exactly he meant.

Maybe it's pedantic, but you're right. Only elite Olympic runners can run a 4-minute mile and even then it's rare.

There you go. 'You must presume George Zimmerman is innocent.'

For those who claimed that Zimmerman is not innocent because he admitted to the killing.

HI! Back from my Time Out! Been reading all morning. Great closing by MOM, IMO.
Missed you all!

I was attacked in a similar manner as GZ and that's why I believe him. IMO, anyone who has had their head beat into a hard surface knows that the terror is overwhelming because you don't know if the next hit will be the last. And even though I'm an anti-gun liberal (and I don't think it's good to have citizens walking around armed), I would have to vote not guilty because GZ did not break any laws, he defended himself against a violent attack. IMO, head trauma should always be taken seriously regardless of whether the injuries look insignificant. JMO. OMO. MOO.

But the crux of my "problem" is: " No one SAW the ENTIRE altercation. No one SAW who was following who." You have to ASSUME GZ was defending himself from a violent attack, you have to ASSUME TM ambushed him.
NO ONE WITNESSED IT.
I'm using MY observations of the pics of GZ face and head. For all I know, they look like the kick back from his weapon, and falling down when running.
We have to ASSUME GZ was hit in the face and smashed into the sidewalk multiple times and there are NO WITNESSES. All we have are the pics, the one in the squad car, he obviously has one side of his nose "packed" to stop any bleeding. I'm not talking about GZ's emotions, I'm talking about actual facts.
No one KNOWS that GZ's head was repeatedly slammed into the concrete.
No one KNOWS TM repeatedly punched GZ in the face.
No one witnessed the entire situation and in my opinion, GZ's "wounds" do NOT represent being repeatedly slammed into the concrete and punched in the face.
We do not KNOW that GZ did NOT break any laws.
Either way, there's going to have to be a lot of assumptions, NOT FACT.
That's just where MY thinking is at.....
IMO, JMO, MOO.

So judge just said (I'm paraphrasing) in justifiable homicide that they should base that decision on only the circumstances AT the time of use of deadly force.

THerefore, IMO nothing led up to it even matters the only thing that matters is that they were fighting and TM was on top when GZ shot him therefore justifiable homicide and they don't have to know or care why he got out of the car and why or how he did not return to the car.

JMOO

I don't care what was said. We know he was on the phone.

He wasn't on the phone while he was beating in Z's head. The witness states that M confronted Z and the phone went dead. A witness saw Martin on top of Zimmerman. The prosecution even admited Martin struck Zimmerman.

:twocents::twocents::twocents:

The judge is zipping through these, I can't imagine that all the jurors are keeping up with her! She seems to have wanted to rush through this whole trial so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. IMO

Apartment complexes/condo facilities with any type of NW really should make it a point that residents let them know of a new family member or friend on the premises, so tragedies like this may be less likely to occur. It would just make sense to do this. IMO

It never came out--- but I was waiting to hear if the community had signs out stating there was a NW...if not they should have. IMO

There you go. 'You must presume George Zimmerman is innocent.'

For those who claimed that Zimmerman is not innocent because he admitted to the killing.

I think everyone already knew that. IMO. But that doesn't mean presume they're innocent always. It means does the evidence back up them being innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken