George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Discussion in 'George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin' started by Tricia, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MouseTheLuckyDog

MouseTheLuckyDog New Member

I know for a fact that at least one juror ( it may have been two my memory is spotty on that )
    was removed from the jury for refusing to deliberate.

2. JusticeJunkie

JusticeJunkie New Member

That exact thing happened in NC. I think it depends on the state laws.

IMO

3. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Jury has the case. Any thoughts on how long they will deliberate?

4. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

What I see is street violence for someone that was a victim of street violence. Ironic. IMO

5. missmazzy

missmazzy New Member

I'm starting to agree, although I would personally vote Not Guilty.

6. JusticeJunkie

JusticeJunkie New Member

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 7m
    Once the jurors retire to deliberate.. The alternates will stay behind and the judge will thank them and dismiss them. #Zimmermanon9

7. Chester_from_THM

Chester_from_THM Member

Did I just see that guy who inserted himself into the CA case, the blogger, forget his name.

8. cityslick

cityslick New Member

I agree. I hope people can be calm when the verdict comes, no matter what it is.

9. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

Let's see. One was removed early on for interacting with a witness, I believe, and the foreman was removed (THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY) because he refused to change his mind from not guilty to guilty.

He refused to consider changing, and the judge decided that was refusing to deliberate.

But anyway, off-topic, sorry.

IMHO

10. JusticeJunkie

JusticeJunkie New Member

What a terrible tragedy

IMO.

11. gxm

gxm Active Member

BBM. It was winter time. It would have been dark outside, especially so since it was overcast and raining.

Further, if you fit the description of a "middle aged white guy" burglarizing the neighborhood, yes, you would have raised suspicion. Lastly, TM made it home. He then decided to double back and give the "creepy cr*ck*r" a beat down. The "lethal action" for TM was assuming that GZ would be an easy target. JMO. OMO. MOO.

12. cityslick

cityslick New Member

I think they will go to tomorrow and deliver it late tomorrow afternoon.

13. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

I think that's a mistake, but it sounds like what the plan is.

IMHO

14. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

unfortunately, you are probably correct and the jury will be getting backlash no matter how they vote.

JMO

15. Chelly

Chelly Always Remember Teghan Skiba

I hope we get a poll thread on this subject, but I have a feeling the jury will find deliberations a huge challenge and will be undecided for several days before reaching a verdict.

16. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

In the Scott Peterson trial? Because that is not why the foreman was removed:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/BEHIND-CLOSED-DOORS-Two-jury-members-were-2663861.php

It was for refusing to deliberate but not because he wouldn't change his mind.

17. SusieD

SusieD New Member

I don't think it's at all appropriate or ethical to interfere in any way with jury deliberations because of possible public opinion. If they vote guilty or not, it should be because of the evidence, not because there might be a riot.

I'm sure the court can hold off reading a verdict if so desired (reasonable, not days or anything) but to ask the jurors not to give a verdict, uh no, can't go with that.

18. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

i dont want to derail this discussion - so sorry to have dragged it off topic.

i stand by what my opinion is, though.

iMHO

19. cityslick

cityslick New Member

Considering GZ never had a history of gun violence prior to this event, I will disagree with you.

20. Chris_Texas

Chris_Texas New Member

RTB...

That right is not being challenged. The question is whether or not it is reasonable to repeatedly follow someone who has committed no crime, to the point that they are so afraid that they actually run away, then continue to pursue them -- against police advice -- and when you catch them and a scuffle takes place, kill them as your first and only effort at "self defense."

Now all this might be reasonable, PERHAPS, if the defendants story remained consistent and plausible. It is simply a fact that Zimmerman's story evolved over time and it does not match the physical evidence at the crime scene. This happens with every case, and it's expected, but some of the inconsistencies are significant and suggest that Zimmerman is not telling the truth about some very important details.

The EVIDENCE for Zimmerman's defense is his word. That's pretty much it. We don't know who was yelling, we don't know who was on top, we don't know who threw the first punch or even if any punches were thrown at all. We do know that Zimmerman's claims that he had been punched twenty or more times in the face are likely false -- there is no evidence for this and plenty of evidence it never happened. Equally questionable is the claim that Martin was repeatedly pounding his head on some concrete. Maybe it happened, but the physical evidence doesn't support it, and it certainly was NOT happening when Zimmerman pulled the trigger.

Again, this case is not about the right to defend yourself. This case is about an unarmed dead teen. IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.