George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Discussion in 'George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin' started by Tricia, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SassyMom

SassyMom New Member

Who would riot if he is found guilty? Those rioters who the law enforcement community is preparing for may very well riot anyway. Think of all the lunatics that destroy things in their town when their home sport team wins some championship.

We live in a society overwhelmed by irresponsible, rudderless and violent people.

2. Etiana

Etiana Truth fears nothing but concealment

I'm sorry, I probably wasn't clear. It wasn't suggested that they vote one way or the other because of possible riots or that they hold off on a verdict because of that same concern - not at all! Just that once they have decided, the court could chose to have the verdict not read until Monday. Sorry for any confusion.

3. Cherry

Cherry Pie

I believe the state has proven ill will hatred and or spite.

I'm good to go, guilty in the 2nd degree.

4. cityslick

cityslick New Member

Yes. I may not have agreed with the verdict, but the verdict is what it is.

5. EGirl

EGirl #RockportStrong

That just isn't the case.

And, this case is about whether or not TM attacked GZ because he followed him.

Scared to the point of running would mean TM went home. And, he didn't.

IMO and all that jazz.

6. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

Ditto. I'd compromise as to not hang with manslaughter

7. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

Nobody wins in this case, IMO anyone who knows George etc. the jury is going to be held accountable in some way.

I feel real sorry for the jury. it would not surprise me if the jury gets backlash from either side depending on hoe they vote.

JMO

8. mck16

mck16 New Member

I did not know what it meant so I looked it up on Google. This is the meaning several of the sites gave. Just passing on what I found. I will say thought I have never heard it in reference to pale skin. Whatever, it is still a slur. JMO

9. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

So true. We have no idea what Trayvon was actually doing or planning to do. Could have been nothing or anything. jmo

10. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

That is sick.

11. especiallyheather

especiallyheather Member

respectfully snipped and bolded by me
    NEN operators are not the same as police. Zimmerman called the Non Emergency Number.

12. faw720

faw720 Active Member

The Websleuths poll is now open so if you want to vote it's available.

13. Chris_Texas

Chris_Texas New Member

Who knows? But even if we assume Trayvon hit him with a fist or elbow it means nothing. Likewise, even if Zimmerman bonked his nose on the sidewalk it means nothing. No one is disputing that some kind of physical altercation took place.

What I find interesting is that Zimmerman never attempted to defend himself in any way, he never hit Martin or scratched him, he never bit him, he claims he was fighting for his life against a suddenly homicidal maniac, a guy he claims told him he was going to kill him, and he never did any of that. He just shot him.

And by the way...

How LIKELY is it that Martin, who has no history of violence and multiple character witnesses who have spoken up about his laid back nature, would suddenly attack someone and tell them that he planned to murder them?

That's what Zimmerman claimed. He claimed that Martin told him he was going to murder him. Does that seem plausible?

14. faefrost

faefrost New Member

The moment the back of your head slams the concrete. The first time might be iffy. The second time your head hits pavement you are in a panicked fear for your life. I don't care who you are. At that moment you are completely justified in acting to save your life. Every instinct hard wired into you will be to protect yourself at all costs.

And just some filler for those questioning the severity of Zimmerman's injuries. I am a retired EMS Captain and Paramedic. I am or have been considered skilled and appropriate to give testimony before the court on the subject of injury and medical emergency and have done so on several occasions. What I see from those pictures of Zimmerman's head is very consistent with a fairly vicious or brutal bare handed assault. There are signs of multiple impacts to the back of his head and some noticeable swelling, very indicative of smacking the back of the head on concrete. His face had swelling and contusions consistent with blows from a softer object, ie a fist. An impact from a hard object such as "recoil from the gun" would typically look different and more often than not would cause lacerations and skin tears on the face. This is just my opinion mind you. But it is a skilled knowledgeable opinion.

15. cityslick

cityslick New Member

One instance that happened something like 8 years ago. Good try I guess. Was he preying on the ATF officer too when he was helping his friend?

Too bad nobody else testifying to how bad of a person GZ was. At least I never heard any state witness testify to that.

16. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

there are people who can't follow a quiet discourse and need to be yelled at to stay awake, i guess.

BtW, what's a Hal commentator?

iMHo

17. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

I took it to mean fear of public opinion...but that's my take on it. IMPO, there's something off about the man. I'd have no problem shunning him.

18. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

There will be a huge backlash no matter what.

19. MouseTheLuckyDog

MouseTheLuckyDog New Member

Even Guy in his closing statements asmitted the GZ was on top.

20. Maryann123

Maryann123 New Member

This is the scary part. I wouldn't dare try to predict what this jury will do. There's at least one person that thinks GZ is innocent, and at least one that thinks he's guilty. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a hung jury, but I gotta admit, nothing would surprise me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.