George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skipped..? he seriously tried to sell that? Skipped? dangerous teen thugs are so often seen skipping. It's the ultimate in "gangster"

That's not the kind of "skipping" he was talking about. The kind he referred to actually is associated with gang members. jmo

I will say this, after watching the entire case now I do believe I know why the state was happy with the all women jury. IMO that is because their entire case was built on emotion rather than facts. Now being a woman I will admit we are in general much more emotional creatures than men. HOWEVER, I think the state made a big mistake because IMO women also put alot more thought in to everything. We don't simply go with our gut and make decisions. We tend think through all the circumstances. And it is my heart felt belief that that thought process will go against the state.

JMOO

And I hope like hell you are right.

JMO

?? Sick? They were just saying that O'Mara was putting people to sleep with his tone. They also stated that the jurors paid attention to every word Guy said..

Who knows..you can never, ever, predict what a jury will do.

They also said the jury took notes pretty much the entire time MOM was up there and at the end of the day, that's what matters.

I agree, you can't predict a jury.

So nobody found it strange that GZ told Hannity that TM actually skipped away, and did not run. Hannity then told GZ that he originally told the NEN operator that TM ran. GZ replies with it was more of a skip instead of a full on run. Is that not an example of GZ altering details of what happened that night to fit his version of the incident? And does that not sound different from what you heard GZ say on the NEN call? He said "S***, he ran", then hopped out of his vehicle. He didn't say "s*** he skipped". That's just one instance of GZ altering facts. I asked another poster hear who has told us that she had a similar attack happen to her, if she had any problems recalling the attack. She didn't respond and I don't hold it against her because I'm sure that's not something she wants to dredge up. But to me, IMHO, I would not have any problems recalling what happened. This is the issue so many are having with GZ. He doesn't seem credible.

I tried to post about this and I guess it went into the ether.

IMO, this is a clear example of a GZ lie. And an example of how little investigation LE did.

It is ludicrous to think a just turned 17 yr old boy was skipping. IMO, that is all GZ could think up quickly to try to fix the impression he left on Hannity (and somehow not the investigators?) that TM was running *from* GZ, not trying to engage GZ.

GZ's criminal, violent past was not brought in either. He certainly is not a newbie to fighting or violence. JMO

And somehow 18 months of 6 hours/week of MMA training gets discounted as 'oh it didn't really *take* with GZ b/c he's not a real 'warrior' so therefor it certainly would not be GZ who was attacking TM.

//snort//

That's not the kind of "skipping" he was talking about. The kind he referred to actually is associated with gang members. jmo

I would think running in fear would look differently. What Zimmerman said he did not see. IMO

Has anyone mentioned what the next step might be if he's found NG? Could there be Federal charges filed?

No. The Fed investigated and found no evidence of racial animus/civil rights violations.

Oh I'm going to need a link on "gang members skipping"

I'm a sissy. I fear for my life if I'm the forth step on a ladder.

I believe it's a REASONABLE fear needed in court. George's fear wasn't reasonable. IMO

I know my fear is unreasonable.

It's in the statute. If someone is on top of you, trying to hurt you, you can have reasonable fear. Who are you (or I) to determine how any one individual perceives fear, especially one who does not normally get into fights?

The moment the back of your head slams the concrete. The first time might be iffy. The second time your head hits pavement you are in a panicked fear for your life. I don't care who you are. At that moment you are completely justified in acting to save your life. Every instinct hard wired into you will be to protect yourself at all costs.

And just some filler for those questioning the severity of Zimmerman's injuries. I am a retired EMS Captain and Paramedic. I am or have been considered skilled and appropriate to give testimony before the court on the subject of injury and medical emergency and have done so on several occasions. What I see from those pictures of Zimmerman's head is very consistent with a fairly vicious or brutal bare handed assault. There are signs of multiple impacts to the back of his head and some noticeable swelling, very indicative of smacking the back of the head on concrete. His face had swelling and contusions consistent with blows from a softer object, ie a fist. An impact from a hard object such as "recoil from the gun" would typically look different and more often than not would cause lacerations and skin tears on the face. This is just my opinion mind you. But it is a skilled knowledgeable opinion.

Thank you. I was assaulted in a manner similar to GZ which is why I believe he is telling the truth. As soon as you realize that it's your head making that sickening sound, the terror is overwhelming. JMO. OMO. MOO.

So nobody found it strange that GZ told Hannity that TM actually skipped away, and did not run. Hannity then told GZ that he originally told the NEN operator that TM ran. GZ replies with it was more of a skip instead of a full on run. Is that not an example of GZ altering details of what happened that night to fit his version of the incident? And does that not sound different from what you heard GZ say on the NEN call? He said "S***, he ran", then hopped out of his vehicle. He didn't say "s*** he skipped". That's just one instance of GZ altering facts. I asked another poster hear who has told us that she had a similar attack happen to her, if she had any problems recalling the attack. She didn't respond and I don't hold it against her because I'm sure that's not something she wants to dredge up. But to me, IMHO, I would not have any problems recalling what happened. This is the issue so many are having with GZ. He doesn't seem credible.

Many of us have found Zimmerman's multiple and contradictory versions of things strange. IMO

Actually the "skipped" makes sense given some other testimony. Remember RJ was telling TM on the phone to run away and she said he claimed he would walk? What that tells me is he wanted to run, but pride wouldn't let him, so he was doing that fast walk / not quite run that teenage males are prone to do. Which can often be interpreted as skipping.

Gangster skipping? Are you sure? How do you know George meant that anyway???

Who knows? But even if we assume Trayvon hit him with a fist or elbow it means nothing. Likewise, even if Zimmerman bonked his nose on the sidewalk it means nothing. No one is disputing that some kind of physical altercation took place.

What I find interesting is that Zimmerman never attempted to defend himself in any way, he never hit Martin or scratched him, he never bit him, he claims he was fighting for his life against a suddenly homicidal maniac, a guy he claims told him he was going to kill him, and he never did any of that. He just shot him.

And by the way...

How LIKELY is it that Martin, who has no history of violence and multiple character witnesses who have spoken up about his laid back nature, would suddenly attack someone and tell them that he planned to murder them? That's what Zimmerman claimed. He claimed that Martin told him he was going to murder him. Does that seem plausible?

You haven't seen his texts and tweets in the previous weeks and months regarding fighting and wanting to purchase a gun? There is a reason the Prosecution withheld evidence and didn't want any of this introduced as evidence. Even Rachel thought "it was just a fight" No big deal. IMO MOO.

GZ did have a restraining order on him from an ex-girlfriend but he had one right back on her. You can obtain a temporary restraining order rather easily. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆