George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Discussion in 'George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin' started by Tricia, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimlynn

kimlynn Former Member

No,I understand they were plainclothed LE.The story goes that GZ thought his friend was being attacked and jumped into the fray.
    It was GZ that said he didn't know they were LE.
    The point being....IMO,is that this is yet another example of GZ taking matters into his own hands.
    IMO

2. ncgramma

ncgramma New Member

3. SAgal

SAgal New Member

Wouldn't Zimmerman's wife have been an excellent witness to verify it was Zimmerman's voice screaming on the tape? I'd think the wife would have been a better witness re: GZ's screaming voice than some of the witnesses called by the Defense. JMO

4. lisasalinger

lisasalinger Juror13

If it makes you feel better, I don't necessarily think he made it home either. And I am in favor of non-guilty/self-defense. It is easily plausible to me that he was just hiding out in the darkness of that middle path. I do however believe (using the culmination of evidence that was presented to me) that he did intentionally take the opportunity to jump George when he was walking back to his truck. Just my view of events, and my opinion only.

IMO

5. sorrell skye

sorrell skye Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't give a flying fig how baggy TM's pants may or may not have been.

What matters to me is the evidence that the State presented (or failed to present, as the case may be) to try to prove 2nd degree murder.

6. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

7. sacrablue

sacrablue New Member

I did not hear that. He showed pulling the hoodie from left and right so holes would not line up. He would not show pulling straight out for obvious reasons.
    IMO

8. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

I need to start saving the things I post to microsoft word or something...

9. gxm

gxm Active Member

We're allowed to disagree here.

10. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

I don't know about the men you have known...but the ones I know would stand up to defend their friends....especially when drunk.

11. ScarlettScarpetta

ScarlettScarpetta When the going gets tough, drink coffee

It really is not relevant she is going to say it is gz and I believe it is gz. But I don't think it would have made a difference for her to say so and she can not be compelled so it is what it is.

12. bellaalex

bellaalex Member

13. mom23gr8kids

mom23gr8kids New Member

THe answer to that is I have no idea and didn't pretend to. I was only addressing what he could have meant by that skipping comment. However I will say that you can youtube any of the bazillion fight videos and watch alot of those guys fight with those big baggy pants. I honestly don't know how they keep them up walking much less in a fight but many do. JMOO

14. Lovelymountains

Lovelymountains New Member

GZ had some facial injuries but the photos didn't show where they came from.

15. JusticeJunkie

JusticeJunkie New Member

It seems to me that peeps think if Z gets LESS than what they think appropriate, it's because the state blew it, or didn't have enough evidence.

Peeps that think he will get MORE than what they think appropriate, thinks the jurors will use emotions rather than facts or may be afraid of the backlash.

That's just my sense - how do you guys feel?

16. defense101

defense101 New Member

Oh so maybe Trayvon didn't know this creepy guy following him was a overly zealous neighbor hood watch guy so where does the argument go from here?

17. affinity

affinity New Member

I just realized something about myself. I haven't been on websleuths for a long time--I went back and read some of my old posts. I 'discovered' by doing that that (apparently) I start out one way (probably mostly affected by media coverage), but later (after watching the trial), I "usually" have a complete reversal in what I originally thought! Geez. What does this say about me..not sure. Maybe what it says is that it is no good to make snap judgements. I'm very guilty of it. Perhaps the only trial where I maintained my decision 100% throughout was "OJ".

18. sacrablue

sacrablue New Member

If we had no common sense there would be no Constitution to follow.

19. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator

I queued the video to the point where she is stating it and she says "in the area"...

http://youtu.be/_iYVUt3_HOQ?t=1h18m13s

20. ncgramma

ncgramma New Member

The answer would be yes ... if their claim of fearing for their life didn't get them laughed out of the force by their fellow cops first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.