George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
HE did not push the gun into his chest..

Not at all.

That is the problem. I wanted to believe your evidence but you are actually arguing against the evidence that is from YOUR OWN WITNESSES!!

State: Why did he give so many statements? they just kept getting worse and when he got to the SH interview? Wow.. lol

I agree, that SH interview was over the top

Common sense. Why would Trayvon want to take GZ back to his home where there is only a 12 year old there?

GZ didn't even want to give out his information on the 911 tape, over the phone.

Ouch for GZ. JMO

I thought TM was already home according to RJ?

It is not that he was 17.. But just say he was 17. He was not a little kid as they want people to believe. As the picture that the witness used to identify the smaller one as TM from the picture of being 12.

It is silly.

I haven't watched the prosecution's closing, did they ever to him as a little kid, or just a kid? The jury knows he was 17 and that he was not small or little. But he was a kid.

I think the State was just proving that GZ lied! He couldn't have reached for his gun if Trayvon was on top of him like GZ stated to police.

Proving his lies one by one is evidence. JMO

The state is proving nothing. I believe that, given the fluidity of an assault, GZ could have reached his gun before TM could grab it. The minor inconsistencies in GZ's story are not lies, they are normal for someone telling the truth. At least two LE (state's witnesses, no less!) testified to this. And Serino even testified that he believed GZ was telling the truth. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I don't believe MOM just stood up and made an objection??? The guy has got to be very worried.

IMO

:floorlaugh: They are desperate ... in my opinion ...

:moo:

I understand how silly that sounded, however GZ thought it was odd that TM was walking in the rain and yet GZ didn't feel it odd to go out in the rain and follow him. IMO :twocents:

I know that this special prosecutor has charged a 12 year old as an adult. Apparently, "children" should only be accountable when she wants them to be. jmo

Trayvon is NOT on trial. He is the victim. His family are victims.
Zimmerman is on trial for murder. Facts.

In my opinion you are incorrect. Again, Zimmerman killed someone. He KILLED someone. He admits to doing so, but is saying that he should be given a pass for this particular killing.

Do you actually believe he has no further obligations other than to say the two words, "Self Defense"? That's what you are claiming. And no, don't respond by saying that Zimmerman did say more than just this, because that negates the original claim that this was unnecessary. According to the oft repeated 'Florida law' statement, Zimmerman never needed to say any more than these two magical words. According to some, a simple "Self Defense" statement somehow kicks all the burden onto the prosecution. Forget the corpse, he said it was self defense.

Apparently some believe that the prosecution must prove exactly what happened, and why, and what people were feeling, and they must somehow demonstrate that it was impossible for the killer to suffer some unspecified injury down the road -- perhaps a lightning strike due to the storm. Can you PROVE lightning was impossible? It was Florida after all. And apparently Zimmerman doesn't even have to claim he was afraid of lightning, the prosecution must still prove that this fear as well was unreasonable.

It's silly. It's not THEIR job to explain why Trayvon Martin is dead, it's the job of the guy who followed and killed him.

A verified lawyer has already popped in hear and posted that the state has the burden.

Common sense. Why would Trayvon want to take GZ back to his home where there is only a 12 year old there?

GZ didn't even want to give out his information on the 911 tape, over the phone.

Ouch for GZ. JMO

Minor detail, but I believe that Chad Joseph was 14, not 12. He was 15 at the time of testifying.

IMO

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 54s

The state tried to recover from the accusation that #Zimmermanon9 pressed his gun into Martin's chest.. by asking them if he did.

I think what we're dealing with here, and the distinction, is what did he APPEAR to be to GZ. Not whether he was legally of age, not whether he had the decision making abilities of an adult, but what was in GZ's mind in a physical battle with TM.

He's the size and strength of an adult, is what's being said here. He looks like an adult.

I have 3 sons and watched all their friends mature to be men - and that happened when they were about 16. The moms would laugh, hey, who's that man and what has he done with your son?

Because suddenly, around age 16, they are visually men where just 2 years prior they were lanky adolescents.

IMHO

I know this is beside the point, but IMO boys and men don't start to look like adults until they are about 21-22. At 16, 17 they still look like boys. They still look lanky and their necks look skinny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck