George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who one is most likey to be attacked by depends entirely - IMO - on where one lives. I also think that those who live in affluent suburbs (for example). Where the police respond promptly when summoned have no idea what's it like to live in a high violent crime urban environment where they do not.

I would tend to agree.
It wasn't my understanding this occurred in the ghetto where people are shot almost daily.

It's really a shame that its so easy to lump all teens into one group or assign some nefarious intent to the dead victim in this case.

I guess I don't understand this adversarial mindset so many have with teenagers. Fact.. you're much more likely to be assaulted by an adult male.

ya....did you READ my post? That is NOT what I said to your first issue, on second, I am convinced Trayvon was not a victim by legal definition.

And YES, teens can be dangerous.

Serious question:
What exactly has George lied about? I haven't heard any lies, perhaps some variations, but not lies. If I have missed some, can someone please post them?

JA lied when she said she wasn't there, then ninjas, then self defense....I haven't heard these kinds of lies from George. Am I missing something?

I believe he lied about not knowing the Stand Your Ground laws. I beleive in a cop interview he said he didn't know anything about them, refuted by the teacher of his criminal justice class. I do not have links handy

And to me, that's a biggie.

The rain washed it away. Men usually don't scratch at each other's face, they hit with closed fists.
MOO

Right. Fingernail scrapings are used to determine whether the scrapee was defending his or her self and to identify the attacker. They obviously were checking to see if Trayvon had been defending himself and found no evidence of that.

jmo

That's a nice judgment to make but I guess it demonstrates the different worlds people come from. I used to walk everywhere as a child from around the age of 9. To the store, to the Taco Bell, to my friend's house, to school. All the kids in my neighborhood did. It doesn't make someone a bad parent, even if it's not ideal. I got into a bad situation once but my parents worked and I had to walk home from school.

But I don't get what that has to do with this case.

MeeBee,
I walked everywhere as a child, as a small girl. But things are so different now and we were poor and lived in bad neighborhoods. I do fault parents for not teaching their children safety and cautiousness and respecting ones property, and respecting LE. I certainly do. Every once in a while you have a child who is a sociopath that was likely born that way, like convicted murderer Jodi Arias.....but mostly we have young children who are never supervised, never disciplined, never taught respect. And they are the generation coming up who would just as soon rob you blind as to go to work or take responsibility. Because of it, no one is safe to walk around at night.

Is what I am hearing about the jurors don't know until later which 6 will actually do the deliberting true? Hearing it on tv. IMO

George was so scared while in his vehicle he rolled up his windows when Travon "circled it" .. Yet gets out and follows the teen ( the one that actually RAN) after being told not to,.. Twice.

I don't believe Zimmerman. Zimmerman wasn't afraid, ever IMO he had his trusty gun at the ready for his hunt.

IMO

Having a loaded gun makes any coward less fearful. I don't believe a word Zimmerman has to say. His treatment and perjury about the money proves that he is not a morally upstanding guy. The phone calls with his wife and the "code terms" prove that. Given that, you've got to find him somehow credible in order to believe his version of events. I just don't. He has every reason and the knowledge of the law to cover his "self defense". I thought the last Prosecutor was very powerful in his delivery.

IN MY OPINION.

IMO, expecting to find DNA at the scene of every crime is a direct result of the CSI effect.

Lack of DNA proves very little, IMO, and I think many seasoned investigators would state the same.

BTW: Despite what many folks may believe, presence of DNA is considered to be circumstantial evidence, not direct evidence.

MOO

There is still a *LACK* of evidence that TM caused all of GZ's injuries. JG saw "one man on top and up and down arm motions", he didn't see TM punch or slam GZ. We know for a fact that TM & GZ had a physical encounter at some point, but NO EVIDENCE that TM caused GZ's injuries. It's a conjecture. All of those scenarios I mentioned cannot be ruled out. IMO.

Are you denying he told her he was behind his dad's house, even when I provided you the link?

I don't think defense wanted to make an issue of that because of what JG stated from the beginning that TM said about "he found me" after TM said he was close to his father's house. This would open up speculation that maybe GZ did go down Retreat Circle to head TM off and that they were running back towards the T when the fight started. We will never know and defense did not want to go there for sure. jmo

But that's not the only factor in this case.

He was not just a kid, walking home from the store or screwing off outside at dinner time talking to his girl.

And note, this didn't take place in the dead of night, this was DINNER TIME. Many people had only just finished getting home from work. Prime time TV hadn't even begun yet. It was early enough that had it not been drizzling there would have likely been little kids still out playing or heading home from their friend's houses.

But it wasn't some white teen in a letterman jacket, it was a black kid in a hoodie. Had it been me or most of the people posting here, I would have made it home just fine. Zimmerman wouldn't have batted an eye, he wouldn't have called 911, and he certainly wouldn't have followed me for blocks before getting out of his car to pursue me on foot.

And if he had, and events had played out exactly as they did with Martin, I suspect that not a single person here would be leaping to Zimmerman's defense. No one would casually asume that the middle aged white guy (me)suddenly went on a murderous rampage that could only be stopped with a gun. They would demand to know why I was being followed, and they would want some proof that I had gone freaking mental and attacked the person I had just finished fleeing from.

But I am not Martin. Actions that are completely fine and safe and above suspicion for me, were lethal for this teen. Assumptions that NO ONE would make in my case -- that I sucker punched people, told them I was going to murder them, and that I punched them dozens and dozens of times while beating their head into jello -- are accepted as gospel when the victim was Trayvon Martin.

IMO

Great post, Chris. I agree with you 100%. If Trayvon had been white, we wouldn't be here. Hope this day brings justice for Trayvon and his family. My heart breaks for them.

BBM

Only if we give the mods gift certificate to BevMo afterwards. For those who are not familiar with these stores, it's a very large warehouse containing all forms of alcoholic beverages. It's a beautiful, holy place. :)

IMO

OOOOHHHH, BevMo! I dream of BevMo!!! :eek:kay::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::thewave::winner::winkkiss::winkkiss::party::partyguy::fireworks::Banana1::Banana1::Banane23::Bananacostume::Banane35::Bananabert::Banane08::purplebananna::Banane45:
I live in Utah, far far from the magical land of BevMo!:please:

I know he lied about $$, but that doesn't make him a murderer. I am looking for lies regarding the events of the evening.

That he shot him in self defense. :) That he didnt racially profile him. That he was on his way back to his car and he was jumped. jmo.

It could take up to an hour to read the jury instructions, according to Bill Sheaffer on WFTV.

http://www.wftv.com/s/zimmerman-livestream/

JMO, but with Judge Nelson's speed reading, I think it may only take half that time.

Personally, after watching many trials, I like it when a judge reads jury instructions more slowly, and doesn't rush it, as I consider the jury instructions to be extremely important.

Furthermore, when a judge reads the jury instructions so rapidly that she herself stumbles over the words, I think it's a good indication that she needs to slooow down. MOO

I would tend to agree.
It wasn't my understanding this occurred in the ghetto where people are shot almost daily.

Linda, I understand where you are coming from and why you are defending teens. I have a lot of grandchildren in the 14 to 22 age group. And four grown children who were teens once. I live ten miles from Louisville, KY where teens are out every night and some of them are dead every morning. This is every single day. It breaks my heart. Why aren't they at home? Either home life is unbearable or no parent is there to supervise.

Apartment complexes/condo facilities with any type of NW really should make it a point that residents let them know of a new family member or friend on the premises, so tragedies like this may be less likely to occur. It would just make sense to do this. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1