George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way, regardless of verdict. Zimmerman will never be free and will have to spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder and in fear.
Justice for Travon either way.

All IMO

Sad commentary on our society. IMO

ADDED edited: so are you advocating vigilanty justice on Zimmerman...sounds like it to me. IMO

The whole altercation took all of a couple of minutes. It means within SECONDS of getting into a fight, GZ shot to kill TM. How IMMINENT was death when you first begin grappling with an UNARMED person??:twocents::twocents::twocents:

A couple of minutes is a long time when you are the one involved in the fight. They are people they have died from one punch, didn't happen here, but imminent could of been one punch which doesn't take long. IMO JMO

I think at the end of the trial that both sides - State and Defense - have done the best each could with what they were legally allowed to work with (present).

Either way, regardless of verdict. Zimmerman will never be free and will have to spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder and in fear.
Justice for Travon either way.

All IMO

I don't see that as a good thing. Not because of GZ, but because of the mob mentality of folks who do not get what they want and feel they need to threaten someone. This country's justice system works the way it does, the jury's decision should be final, people should move on without threatening.

:drumroll: Finally ... Verdict Watch !

:please: for George !

IMO . MOO . JMO

Ha! Just like I said - it took less than the projected hour for Judge Nelson to read the jury instructions. I think it took about half an hour.

We saw this in the Scott Peterson case, I believe. If they begin deliberating and one has to stop, they have to begin deliberations all over again. I think we'll have a verdict by the end of the business day so it seems unlikely any will have to discontinue deliberating. IMHO

Very interesting question, though, Justice.

But if this jury is sequestered and the alternates were dismissed, are they still sequestered? Then it could be like the SP deliberations. But if she let these alternates go free then I don't think they could come back.

So they're stilll sequestered??

I wonder if the mods will let us have vote pole and length of deliberations poll in light of WS being understaffed.

Yesterday, I decided to watch MSNBC, to see what they were saying about the trial. I had only previously watched the HLN evening shows.

I happened to catch part of Sharptons show. He had on 4 guests, one of them being Marcia Clark. All 4 guests thought GZ was guilty and would be convicted. I wondered what trial they were watching (IMO). I can totally see how people not following the trial could think one way or the other, depending on what news sources you follow.

And this is the exact reason that I do not watch any MM (not even fox, *gasp* I know...) This is also why I chose not to read this forum from the third day until today, everyone has their opinions....

I like facts.

Remember strawberry shortcake, or whatever her name was that was put into the Peterson jury after that one guy who had served as foreman was removed?

IMHO

Yeah, IDK maybe it's different in FL, but in Arizona, the alternates sit in on the trial and are released from deliberations but left on hand in case something happens to deliberating jurors.

In fact, that doesn't make sense because what would be the point of having alternates if you're just going to scrap the whole thing and start over if one drops out? Also, I remember in the Casey Anthony trial, they had alternates for the purpose of replacing lost deliberating jurors but did not sit in on the trial. So I don't think that's true IMO.

Congratulations WS Members!! We made it. No matter what side you are on, pray for peace and calm after the verdict.

My heart still breaks for the Martin's. I can't image having my son killed while going to the store. :cry:

I heard last night on Tricia's True Crime Show that given the concern law enforcement has about riots, the jury would be encouraged to wait until Monday even if they have deliberated and decided tonight. Any thoughts on that?

But if this jury is sequestered and the alternates were dismissed, are they still sequestered? Then it could be like the SP deliberations. But if she let these alternates go free then I don't think they could come back.

So they're stilll sequestered??

The alternates will probably remain sequestered, they are just released because they won't be deliberating. IMO.

I think dismissed was the wrong word. They are probably dismissed from deliberating like in the JA trial but will be left on call in case one of the deliberating jurors falls out.

IMO, they're probably very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member