George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a you tube video called the gangsta skip. Check it out, I don't think TM was doing this that night, IMO

You're right thanks! Yeah, that doesn't make sense that Trayvon was doing that and there's no way of knowing that's what GZ meant.

Understand that words evolve especially in the black community.

Cracker is a retaliatory word to ni**er. It was referenced off or from a "white" saltine cracker.

Black culture has a way with words. The source of new words are amusing at times.

For example: Ratchet is a girl from the getto that is bad or not worthy. The irony is the word was picked up from church an the annunciation was lost.

The word is wretched but they heard and used ratchet. Now ratchet it is used throughout the streets to describe and bad or distasteful person.

I frankly tuned out of this trial a long time ago because of the media overload. My take on a not guilty verdict would tell me if I live in Florida I can instigate a confrontation, once I get punched, I can shoot the guy. Am I wrong in that understanding because that seems like an awfully dangerous precedent to be establishing. I must be missing something.

Skipping, as in 'skipping out'?

I was going to say that, but bit my hands instead, LOL

On a more serious note, I believe GZ should be acquitted. I saw NO proof that he had spite, malice, or anything else. I totally believe he acted in self defense. I hope the jury can see the same things I've seen these many weeks.

My opinion only

Think of the outrage when CA was acquitted, there were people demonstrating outside the courthouse

imo

Demonstrating is one thing, causing someone to fear for their life is another. Yes this also applies to CA (which I know is an unpopular comment).

IMO, since I'm on my phone and can't provide a link..

Florida Cracker=Florida Cowboy

Not always derogatory...

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

Gangster skipping? Are you sure? How do you know George meant that anyway???
Whoa, I didn't hear that on the show...nor did I know that's what it meant. If that's the case, and not just another poster's interpretation, how can anyone dispute that racial profiling isn't at the core of this tragedy? jmo

O/T
Where is Horace?

I was just wondering the same thing.... I was listening to Hannity on the way home from work yesterday and he was discussing this case with a couple of callers. One of the callers who was passionately for the Defense in this case was named Horace. I wondered if it could have been our WS Horace..

I frankly tuned out of this trial a long time ago because of the media overload. My take on a not guilty verdict would tell me if I live in Florida I can instigate a confrontation, once I get punched, I can shoot the guy. Am I wrong in that understanding because that seems like an awfully dangerous precedent to be establishing. I must be missing something.

I agree with you. Very dangerous, and that is why we are where we are today. IMO.

It didn't mean that anywhere I lived (Nashville, New Orleans, Huntsville, Little Rock} It meant exactly what is says, a cracker like salteens. It is like the slur "Casper", it means white.

:twocents:

"Cracker" refers to the white color of the skin. Pale as a cracker.

IMHO

Understand that words evolve especially in the black community.

Cracker is a retaliatory word to ni**er. It was referenced off or from a "white" saltine cracker.

Black culture has a way with words. The source of new words are amusing at times.

For example: Ratchet is a girl from the getto that is bad or not worthy. The irony is the word was picked up from church an the annunciation was lost.

The word is wretched but they heard and used ratchet. Now ratchet it is used throughout the streets to describe and bad or distasteful person.

Ratchet it not the word used. It was Cracker. And I simple google search for "cracker slang" with bring multiple results for what that means.

And just because a black man uses a racial slur, does not mean it isn't a racial slur. Whether it's the C word, or the N word.

I personally don't care about the racial slur that TM used, unless people try to apply double standards, this is when it becomes an issue for me.

I don't down downplay them, based on what race is using them.

In my opinion, of course.

Whenever I follow a case in Florida, I always think of that last line from the 1974 film Chinatown, "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

If it's a 2nd degree murder conviction, can we agree to stop following Florida trials? :floorlaugh:

To me, testifying is being cross-examined. GZ made self-serving statements, that continually changed. IMO

Well, again that's on the state, they put his statements out there instead of not putting his statements out there and letting him get on the stand to give his version.

In my opinion, I believe the witness testified that he could not see any actual fists or heads hitting - just movement, and the general area - so I agree, he couldn't have seen actual bashing, unless he was right there.

IMO - It's also possible that when GZ slipped on the wet grass (iirc, said so in his walkthru ), his head could have hit the walk, possibly very hard. He might have been dazed - I've done this in my own driveway, and know it can happen (yes, I'm a klutz - that's my opinion, but my family would call it fact) .
IMO - I've also had something fall out of a tree onto my head, which bled like crazy, and I would have sworn it was a tree trunk, but turned out to be basically a large twig falling off a tree branch - I was certain it was huge, because I bled so much and felt massive, but it was so small, I was embarrassed- the tree wasn't even very big or tall (this was after a storm, but I should have learned to prune the trees), but my point was - head wounds bleed a lot, even little ones, and a pretty small item can cause it.

Lastly, and IMO - I had an injury to my face that looked remarkably similar to GZ's, a little abrasion, a lot of swelling, a very bloody nose, and two black eyes, though mine teared up instantly - I was getting in my car, got distracted didn't realize I hadn't opened the door fully, and accidentally hit my face against the car door (I didn't bash myself repeatedly), but it was extremely similar to the photos of GZ - like GZ's the swelling went down relatively quickly, but the area was tender and sore, and the eyes took longer to return to normal. I'm not suggesting GZ did this, but I am saying it is possible to get a similar injury without being punched in the face.

I'm not saying this is what GZ did, but I can attest that it is possible to be injured in the same way, without having been punched. I believe there are several ways in which this could have happened, but don't believe it could have happened by a punch or slam without some dna being present on the puncher or slammers hands, cuffs, or sleeves.
They did find dna on TM's hands, but only his own. In my opinion.
IMO, MOO, JMO

How many times did he slip and fall? Because IMO from looking at the picture of the back of his head I see what I would categorize as at a minimum 3-4 separate impacts. All from slightly differing angles. There is one large central area of bruising or swelling, possibly from when he first went down. Then there are several spots of tighter bruising and lacerations at several points offset from that larger bruise. Unless he went over backwards on a flight of stairs a simple slip and fall does not look like that.

Sure, there is no proof of instigation by GZ.

I've shot that type of gun before, it doesn't kick much. Even a 10 gauge shotgun or a 30-06 wouldn't do that much damage to his nose, mouth, and the back of his head. I've seen recoil injuries. They don't cover the entire face and back of head!

:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:MOO

If you have any type of pistol, less than 2 foot away from your face, elbow and wrist bent, one handed, it's going to kick back into your face. I'm talking about the facial injuries. And they don't cover his entire face if you look at the cop shop photos.
Seriously, facial injuries from a 10 gauge or 30.06? :floorlaugh: Where was this individual placing the butt of this weapon? Uh, I place it in front and up against my shoulder, but it doesn't matter whether it's a 10, 20 gauge, 30.06, or Mossberg 590, they all have some sort of kick/recoil,but I'm 5'1 and 105 lbs. I have never seen anyone get facial injuries from a shotgun or rifle so that's a new one on me.
JMO

So he changes aspects of the story. The core of the story itself has not changed though. They even hooked him up to a machine and he passed (I'm pretty sure of this). Is it not normal to change certain things because you can't remember them clearly (for good reason IMO)?

BBM: It's the questions they asked GZ on his polygraph that would be important. He doesn't have to lie about shooting Trayvon since the whole world knows he did.The main question I would hope they asked is, "Were you in fear for your life?". With the politics involved in this case, I would be somewhat skeptical about the polygraph test. JMHO

It's in the statute. If someone is on top of you, trying to hurt you, you can have reasonable fear. Who are you (or I) to determine how any one individual perceives fear, especially one who does not normally get into fights?

Actually that is exactly what is required, is it reasonable to the layman?

Also used in an instance to determine malice or deliberate indifference.
Was the act "reasonably" considered shocking to the conscience by a reasonable person.

They aren't there to determine if GZ should have or did fear TM
But whether they or a reasonable person would feel fear in exactly those same circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow