George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the jury break at 4:00?
Michelle Kennedy ‏@PIOFLCourts18 3h
Response to FAQ: The jury's comfort is a priority. They will be allowed breaks when they need them and not on a predetermined schedule.

Oh I'm going to need a link on "gang members skipping"

I don't know if there's a link to it. I've actually seen what I believe he's talking about. I can see it in my head but it's difficult to describe. The closest thing you may have seen is how college basketball players sometimes "skip" back down the court after a basket is made.

There are videos on youtube that refer to it as the crip skip, but they're exaggerated versions of the actual movement. I'll see if I can find a good example.

jmo

IMO~ I do not even think they hit the ground, I think the cuts in GZ's head are punctures from wintertime shrubs/bushes, the wet backside of clothes too, nose is from elbow. and the grass stain on TM's pants? I think the gunshot was while TM was standing, grabbed in the front by GM by the shirts, shot, a shocked pivot by TM and as he fell forward a hard drop to the knees and down.

How does that explain the evidence that TM was on top of GZ punching his lights out?

Yes, BIG commercially produced signs ... and "hoodies" in July in Florida ? :rolleyes:

In My Opinion, these are PAID protesters ...

IMO ... MOO ... JMO

I have to agree. They are out on some blogs with rhetoric and their website addy. moo :rolleyes:

Last PM someone posted info on the type of gun GZ had--and the critic said recoil on this gun is a big issue---I have been considering buying a weapon---and definitely would not buy this gun--can't remember the post number but maybe someone else does.

yes, it has been called "a snappy little sucker" on tests for recoil

I do respect everyone's opinion, as we all have our own rationale for reaching the conclusion that we have. One thing to note though, IMO, some seem to believe that the evidence supports GZ's account(s) of the events that day, so this presents as a clear cut case of self defense.

IMO, if that is really the case, GZ would have opted for trial by judge. Would that not have been a safer bet - a judge using the law, not emotion to determine guilt or lack of? The fact that GZ did choose a jury trial may be that the defense team was worried about George's credibility, even with a jurist alone deciding.

And you never know what a jury will do. Interesting.:twocents:

Ah, I guess you never participated in a protest AND worked??
Where would we be without activism? As a woman I can say: thank G-d for the Suffrage Movement. :)

Look at the website on their signs. Communist movement. This is NOT about Trayvon.

So, I have to ask...have you in your experience ever been on the ground, under a bigger man shooting the pistol GZ had, known to have a stronger recoil and barrel flip than most...or any pistol....inches from your head? While struggling for control in your non dominant hand?

IIRC recoil was never even mentioned (by either side) during this trial.
Not by the attorneys, not by the experts, not by ANYONE.

I'm not getting why this conversation has continued here for so long.

It's very obvious to most (including the attorneys repping the state of FL) that GZ was punched in the face by TM.

JMO

I have some naturally occurring indentations in my head and I had that exact same thought. I would like to see a side by side comparison of head pictures.

My cousin is the same way! His head is so much lumpier than I'd ever think. The first time he shaved his head, people kept asking him where his goose eggs came from. When I shaved my head for chemo, I was very happy to find out this wasn't a hereditary issue haha! But given how much a little hair can cover lumps up... I really want to see GZ's head with a similar hair length!

I'm an older white woman. I was telling some people that Trayvon's life was just as important as George's, the lawyers' lives, and the judge's. I just think that the evidence points to self-defense. I feel so sorry for Trayvon's parents because they lost a son that they loved very much.

Michelle Kennedy ‏@PIOFLCourts18 3h
Response to FAQ: The jury's comfort is a priority. They will be allowed breaks when they need them and not on a predetermined schedule.

What I meant was will the break for the weekend at 4:00 or will they go long? Does anyone know?

ETA: sorry I meant 4:00 eastern?

:drumroll: 1 1/2 Hours now for Jury Deliberations !

:please: I hope they come back today because if not, it's going to be a longgggggg weekend ...

IMO !

:seeya:

We have to remember that this a sequestered jury. If they do not reach a verdict tonight I believe that they will resume their deliberations tomorrow. It is not unheard of at all for juries to deliberate on a Saturday. JMO

IMOO I think what he was referring to (and I've seen it many times so I understand why he describes it as skipping) is when these teens try to walk/jog a little fast but their pants are too baggy and hanging around their hips. They can't full out run and they grab their pants in the front and the movement they make does kind of look like what I would describe as a skipping motion, not like children playing skip to my lou though.

JMOO

I know what you are referring to, but TM's pants were not baggy iirc. And GZ's reaction to the "skipping" was a little extreme or high strung on the NEN call if that is indeed what TM was doing. He immediately opened his car door and began pusuit of TM. The wind noise made it seems as though GZ was running to catch up to the "skipping".

Has anyone mentioned what the next step might be if he's found NG? Could there be Federal charges filed?

I am busy today and can't keep up with the thread so someone may have answered.

I would think that if the feds wanted to go after him they would need to bring up some "slightly new" charge, like violating TM's civil rights or some such b_s. I don't think they could charge him with murder or manslaughter, it would have to have a new twist on it.

IMO.

How does that explain the evidence that TM was on top of GZ punching his lights out?

That's some of the evidence that Mr Guy would have the jury ignore. MOO.

Totally agree! When there are mere inches between GZ's face and Trayvon's chest and the bullet goes straight into the center of Trayvon's chest RECOIL is definitely a possibility! :twocents:

It's the best explanation for his injuries, consistent with his injuries, forensics and testimony. Did I mention I thought the prosecution never wanted to prosecute for political reasons?.....

Scary to me that if found NG, GZ will continue to use this defense to kill someone else having virtually been forgiven of every violent criminal charge ever levied against him. He will always claim fear of young black youth out to kill him based on this trial...unexcusable. IMO.

I know what you are referring to, but TM's pants were not baggy iirc. And GZ's reaction to the "skipping" was a little extreme or high strung on the NEN call if that is indeed what TM was doing. He immediately opened his car door and began pusuit of TM. The wind noise made it seems as though GZ was running to catch up to the "skipping".

I will agree with you on your second point about GZ running to catch up, etc. However I disagree with you about TM's baggy pants. If you watch the 7-11 video you can clearly see that his pants are down around the bottom of his behind and he even has to pull them up at one point. You see him pull them up to his waist and then they resettle low on his hips. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy