George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #3

Discussion in 'George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin' started by Tricia, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Words2Serve

Words2Serve New Member

My take on Rachel, Dee Dee, others so far is that all of them have 'changed/interpreted' their stories differently at times. Whether for depositions, talking to news, 911, etc. so I think these jurors are going to have to pick and choose what parts of their testimonies they feel they can use, and what parts they are not comfortable with because of the changes.

I feel GZ has slight differences in stories, and so have these witnesses, and the Defense may have the same case with some of their witnesses. This case appears to have alot of that happening. I have remembered things differently than I had first stated many times, I don't see this as outright 'LYING'. So the jury will have to decide if they believe it was intended or innocent 'changes in the story'

If this jury is not hung I will be very interested in how they came to their consensus. So far IMO these witnesses 'work' for whatever 'side' your on.

2. Kimberlyd125

Kimberlyd125 Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athlet

That's a very sad reality if that's true.

3. miimaa

miimaa Well-Known Member

I watched her testimony today and she did not say GZ was grabbing TM's collar or jacket. Also when was GZ 'chasing' TM? She did not say that. She said TM stated GZ was watching him and later following him. At one point in her testimony she stated TM said he was behind his daddy's house -- so how did he get himself back over by GZ's vehicle?

4. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

It's actually "great" rather than "grievous." Great, imo, has a slightly less dire connotation.

5. polleypockets

polleypockets New Member

you know, thats what makes me beieve her - its obvious she wasn't coached or anything but the prosecution, that she is just telling what happened and not letting DT twist her words - all be it in a way that is prolly not the best way - but remember she is 19 years old and still a senior in high school, she hasn't had the proper education or been taught how she is suppose to act in court - but lets face it especially mentally imo she still is just a teenager

6. 4Jacy

4Jacy New Member

I'm sure he said that to sound cool to his female friend.

7. PrincessSezMe

PrincessSezMe Rest in Peace

I agree with everything you said in #2 except what I put in red. I haven't seen that clearly shown at all yet. I don't think he set out to kill anyone, but I haven't seen anything other than his own say so that he truly thought his life was in danger. He had some superficial wounds. That, and he has his story. It's not enough information for me to conclude that he had no other choice than to pull out his gun and kill someone.

I will wait and see what all the evidence shows on both sides.

8. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

If George had not confronted Trayvon, Trayvon would never have attacked him or been in a fight with him. Also, Rachel's version paints a very different picture.

I just don't see how anyone can have made up, definitively their mind one way or another. George may have felt his life is in danger, but is he completely innocent if the reason he's even in the situation in the first place is because he put himself there???

9. AngelWings444

AngelWings444 New Member

No kidding! My son had almost 4000 text messages in ONE month, during school. Needless to say, he lost his phone privilege's for a long time.

This girls Mom was out of the country. I feel bad for our youth today. Raising themselves, too much time on their hands. Hopefully, she will come back tomorrow with a different attitude towards the defense. I do believe her though...and she has obviously not been coached. We have to remember she is a teenager, obviously devastated by the death of her friend. I don't think she wants to be there and clearly, she doesn't like the defense questioning her about her friends death. If my friend was killed, I wouldn't want to have a defense attorney use me to try to keep the person responsible from being held responsible. I feel sorry for her. Truly. This is a huge burden for any teen! She shouldn't get so defensive, but I understand.

10. m00c0w

m00c0w Well-Known Member

That's the general term, but yes, I believe that's the wording specific to Florida. I stand corrected.

11. Words2Serve

Words2Serve New Member

Asking because I honestly don't know the wording of the LAW... but I thought it stated any force, but 'deadly force'?

12. Kimberlyd125

Did you not see the huge bump on the side of his nose?
    And his black eyes in the reenactment?

13. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

Being respectful has its limits.
    Respect is earned, not freely given.
    I taught mine to think for himself, not blindly obey. Listen to his instincts.
    I prefer to raise mine to be assertive.

14. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

I know for a fact that it is a reality for some. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the law, the facts, or the credibility of the witness in this case. Whether the way she speaks, thinks or acts is common in her reality doesn't mean it can't be evaluated under standards to which the witness cannot or will not subscribe. jmo

15. TorisMom003

TorisMom003 New Member

During the walk through with LE the next day, after he went to the dr, he was sporting large bandages on the back of his head (2 of them) and one on his nose as well. They could be called "butterfly bandages" in a way I suppose however they are much larger than any butterfly bandages I have seen before. In the following video you can see what I am talking about.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX1sxARNq_c"]Raw Video: George Zimmerman reenacts incident for Sanford Police - YouTube[/ame]

16. Kimberlyd125

Ok. So now I'm all worried about my punctuation and grammar.

17. kimlynn

kimlynn Former Member

None of this would have come about if George had waited for the police as he was advised by the dispatcher.
    IMO

18. m00c0w

m00c0w Well-Known Member

Considering he was conducting a lawful activity if he did not threaten, assault, or batter Martin... Yes, he would be completely innocent if the defense's side of the story is true.

Him being stupid and getting out of his truck to try and help police find where Martin was going should not be a death sentence.

:moo:

19. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

Wasn't meaning to correct you. I just think it's important to because the words do, imo, mean something signficantly different. And you are correct, grievous is the general term.

20. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

According to what Dee Dee/ Rachel said Martin was the first one to initiate the conversation.

I'm basing my opinion based on evidence and factual information.....

All of the documents are online, the evidence has been out for over a year.

JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.