George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for understanding.. I am trying to approve posts as quickly as I can.. If I miss one I will go back and correct..TIA

THANKS so much for all your help and work :) :) :) xxxxoooo

Bill Schaeffer made an interesting point. He said even if somehow it's proven that GZ was the aggressor, if at some point during that struggle GZ stopped being the aggressor (TM took control and started beating on GZ) then by law GZ wouldn't be guilty of murder.

Already started?! Oh wow, this is going to be different after getting used to the schedule in Pheonix.

No DNA from George on Trayvon's hands? Did I hear that right?
No DNA from Trayvon on the gun and the holster.

No DNA from George on Trayvon's hands? Did I hear that right?
No DNA from Trayvon on the gun and the holster.

Yes, you heard that right.

Of course, he will have to back that up with evidence from the experts.

But would the prosecution say something that bold (or really anything!) during opening statements that wasn't true?

I get the defense gets a "pass" to lie. It's their job, if you want to get really technical! LOL!!

But is the prosecution allowed to lie...and not back it up with some sort of evidence?

After following the "big trials" (SP, CA, JA, Spector, etc) I am still unsure about that aspect of the prosecutions role.

I really like this prosecutor. He's organized and humanized the victim.

Good morning! does anyone know how long this trial is expected take?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Will he address Trayvon attacking Zimmerman?? Kind of an important piece of information.

Which he? For those of us not listening or watching it's important to know. Attack or self defense is the reason we're here.

Estimates are 2-4 weeks. It'll be less since the audio experts about the 911 call screems will not be testifying.

Yes, you heard that right.

Of course, he will have to back that up with evidence from the experts.

But would the prosecution say something that bold (or really anything!) during opening statements that wasn't true?

I get the defense gets a "pass" to lie. It's their job, if you want to get really technical! LOL!!

But is the prosecution allowed to lie...and not back it up with some sort of evidence?

After following the "big trials" (SP, CA, JA, Spector, etc) I am still unsure about that aspect of the prosecutions role.

Yes, prosecutors lie too.

I thought I heard 3 to 4 weeks - then because the judge did not allow the voice experts' testimony - speculation is that it will be even shorter. This was what was stated when they were deciding on jury sequestration...I remember one potential juror was pregnant - not sure if she ended up on the jury or not - but this was explained to her and she stated she could work around the schedule with her OB/GYN appointments, etc.

I thought I heard 3 to 4 weeks - then because the judge did not allow the voice experts' testimony - speculation is that it will be even shorter. This was what was stated when they were deciding on jury sequestration...I remember one potential juror was pregnant - not sure if she ended up on the jury or not - but this was explained to her and she stated she could work around the schedule with her OB/GYN appointments, etc.

That makes sense.

The defense starts out the opening by explaining why GZ's parents aren't in the courtroom. WTH?

OK that joke was lame...and uncalled for!!!

I already don't like this guy - and I was fully prepared to like any member of this trial, no matter what side they fell on!

Oh dear. I don't know if it's a good idea for the Defense to begin their opening statement with a knock-knock joke.

Defense starting with a knock-knock joke???
Whaaaaa??
Oh, my....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members