George's Gun: Who notified the police?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for keeping us straight ~ I agree with your interpretation, Patti G. But don't understand "The Taurus .38 caliber revolver was recovered from within the house" statement. I was under the impression it was thought to have been recovered from the wheel well of Georges auto. . . If not, I wonder what they got out of his trunk that night.

Perhaps because the car was in the garage, they considered to be "within the house?" I don't know, I'm just throwing a guess out there.

My understanding is that one is not required to register a gun in FL. This is what I was told by the department that issues concealed carry permits when asking where to find a database for something I was working on a few years ago. However, if one has a concealed carry permit, that's another story.

I read the Velez-Mitchell quote differently than did you. BC made the call when GA disappeared and they allegedly feared suicide. BC made reference to a gun that had been confiscated in the past. I think we'd have heard of another post case inception gun confiscation. I also believe that if there was a long ago confiscation, prior to case inception, it wouldn't make sense to speak of that one and not the more recent wheel well gun. Make sense? Or am I getting something wrong? Then again, I'm not sure what a confiscated gun had to do with anything going on that night, anyway. :)
i wanted to make share we are on the same wavelenght. my post about gA first purchase of gun was as patty G and Momtective posted. It was posted that it was purchsed through the internet so I assumed the gun was shipped straight to the home. A male member let me know firmly that the gun would never be shipped to the home. Thats all i had to go by back then. JVM was discussing Conways worry and when asked if GA had a gun he replied no and interjected the Sept 08 incident. Mono-E-Mono? Who cares really unless he purchases another one. look at the date the gun was ordered. GA new better whether he used the excuse of protecting his family.

Call me crazy but I think George ratted on himself . Not sure of the reason
maybe just other human contact .

I have never been able to shake the feeling that this whole thing from the
first 911 call is a loosely scripted play.

George just makes my skin crawl . He plays real hard at victim and
his good joe facade. George is the sickest one in that family as far as
I am concerned. I always think demented peacock when I see him .

I think he is incapable of doing the right thing - he ate from the apple
so to speak .
Doing so would set him free but I dont see that he has the courage to do
so.

Thanks for keeping us straight ~ I agree with your interpretation, Patti G. But don't understand "The Taurus .38 caliber revolver was recovered from within the house" statement. I was under the impression it was thought to have been recovered from the wheel well of Georges auto. . . If not, I wonder what they got out of his trunk that night.

The A's have an attached garage, their laundry facilities are located there. I think it would be considered part of the house as it is easily accessible to anyone in the house (KC can go there without being noticed by anyone outside and her ankle thing would not indicate that she left the property.)

I think that, once again, the A's were lucky LE didn't come down harder on them because of this find. Geez GA brings a new gun on the property after he's been informed of the rules and he knows KC will be there. Unless that's why. Self defense. Question is how does one get their gun out from the wheelwell fast enough to be of any use in a sudden crisis? He must of had other intentions.

Also, we still don't know how RG knew about the gun. How did he end up being the one to tell LE about GA's gun?

Just hearing this though, if another situation should occur that has people all riled up, I'd think twice before hanging outside of their house with my kids and all. GA had a day or so. He could of whipped that baby out and started shooting at those protestors. Heck, he was so distraught what did he care at that point. I don't think it's wise to protest like that directly in front of peoples' personal houses.

Call me crazy but I think George ratted on himself . Not sure of the reason
maybe just other human contact .

I have never been able to shake the feeling that this whole thing from the
first 911 call is a loosely scripted play.

George just makes my skin crawl . He plays real hard at victim and
his good joe facade. George is the sickest one in that family as far as
I am concerned. I always think demented peacock when I see him .

I think he is incapable of doing the right thing - he ate from the apple
so to speak .
Doing so would set him free but I dont see that he has the courage to do
so.

I have to say that my gut and everything I see/observe tells me the same as your post. I relistened yesterday to his visit with KC on 8/3/08 at the jail. He keeps talking at a fairly fast pace while she is snifling away and basically agreeing with everything he says. He gives a pep talk and does provide her one or two brief opportunities to throw in some info of her own but he never presses her for any answers. It's just downright weird.

Because he's sortof smooth, noncommital, acts like he's just GA from Hopespring, Mr. Niceguy - he is erecting his smokescreens every time he opens his mouth.

By bringing in the gun, maybe GA was hoping they'd take him away! Please officers arrest me - take me out of my misery and the confines of my own house with CA, KC, LP and friends - protestors - what a trip!

I remember being completely shocked when this whole episode went down because I couldn't believe, that GA would do such a thing as purchase/hide a gun while his daughter was out on bail knowing full well (as I am sure he did) that it contravened with her bail issues. I then concluded that perhaps GA was scared and was hoping that his actions would secure his daughter back in jail. I still think that perhaps, this was his ultimate motivation. Little did he know just how much SLACK Orange County was willing to concede. After that, I'm convinced that the A's just started assuming that all authority around this case was "stupid is as stupid does". I fully realize that they haven't been charged yet because it absolves them from being able to plead the fifth in KC's case but my-oh-my how disgusting/sordid this case is! These people are really quite beyond the pale! They will see their just desserts...

MOO

FWIW, I seem to recall a few newscasts around that time where they talked about George taking his car in for some kind of service, and someone in the garage reported it after seeing it in the wheelwell.

No links to back this up, don't remember which stations reported it, but thought I'd throw it out there...

The gun in the car trunk within the garage constitutes "within the home/house".

When a gun is ordered online, it must be sent to a registered gun dealer, who then fills out the appropriate paperwork for registration and LE. LE checks dealer records on a regular basis. Are we sure that someone told LE about GA's new gun and that they didn't find out by regular processes?

At the time, KC was alleging that the whole family was in danger from the evil Hispanic Nanny. And the protestors were out of control. Of course, maybe he was going to kill his daughter and then himself. I asked a couple of men what they would do in GA's circumstances and they all said they would kill the beast they raised and then themselves because they could not live with the pain.

I guess if I had a murderer sleeping under my roof, I would want protection too.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,418161,00.html

". . . Acting on a tip, police took the gun late Friday night from George Anthony's car — parked in his driveway — and brought it to the Orange County Sheriff's Office. . . "

or

The statement can be found on Page 45 at the link provided by "momtective"
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/files/01.pdf

On September 5th, I learned that George Anthony had purchased a Taurus .38revolver along with a box of ammunition from a local gun store.

The firearm was ordered on August 29th and picked up on September 4th of this year.

Condition #15 of Casey's Conditions of the Home Confinement Program state as follows:15) I will not possess or have in my residence or in my vehicle any deadlyweapons. (Examples: Firearms, martial arts weapons, or explosives)I notified Casey's home confinement officer Don Bjoring about this purchase.

Later that evening, Don Bjoring, Meg LIughes, and Garnett Ahern conducted a home visitat the 4937 Hopespring Drive address. They were accompanied by uniformed Deputies attheir request.

The Taurus .38 caliber revolver was recovered from within the house. Theweapon was held for safekeeping upon the request from the home confinement officers. As a note, Casey's home confinement was not violated based on this incident. . . "

Was it considered "within the house" if the car was in the driveway? Doesn't seem like it would be described that way to me. And if it wasn't the gun that they took out of the trunk that night, what did they take out of there. (Besides, I think there are pics of something being taken out of the trunk of the car in the driveway, too ~ IIRC?)

The Fox report is slightly incorrect, George's car was in the garage. At that point, there was at least one news crew outside their house 24/7, and there is video footage of officers going through his car trunk, in the garage. Here's a clip from Geraldo showing a little bit, there may be even more raw footage somewhere...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F1B0ABhM0I"]YouTube - George Anthony gets caught hiding gun in his car 9/6[/ame]

Does anyone think that KC or her attorney may have told LE when they found out so that it would look good if they told about the gun so she wouldn't have to go back to jail? Maybe a pre-emptive strike?

The Fox report is slightly incorrect, George's car was in the garage. At that point, there was at least one news crew outside their house 24/7, and there is video footage of officers going through his car trunk, in the garage. Here's a clip from Geraldo showing a little bit, there may be even more raw footage somewhere...

YouTube - George Anthony gets caught hiding gun in his car 9/6

Thank you, Muzikman ~ I surely can't argue with a picture. Sorry if I added to the confusion. Think I'll just be doing a little lurking for a while. :eek:

The gun in the car trunk within the garage constitutes "within the home/house".

When a gun is ordered online, it must be sent to a registered gun dealer, who then fills out the appropriate paperwork for registration and LE. LE checks dealer records on a regular basis. Are we sure that someone told LE about GA's new gun and that they didn't find out by regular processes?

At the time, KC was alleging that the whole family was in danger from the evil Hispanic Nanny. And the protestors were out of control. Of course, maybe he was going to kill his daughter and then himself. I asked a couple of men what they would do in GA's circumstances and they all said they would kill the beast they raised and then themselves because they could not live with the pain.

I guess if I had a murderer sleeping under my roof, I would want protection too.

BBM

Is it possible that the gun dealer himself saw the same man he sold the gun to on TV? The person selling the gun may have tipped the police off.

IMO, since the SUV was in the garage perhaps this is why they said "within the house". :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77