Geraldo At Large Live From Orlando Sat., 12/13/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, JB doesn't even realize the gift he has been given. He doesn't seem to realize that by him showing up at the crime scene with Dr. Lee, if by any remote chance that any possible questionable evidence should show up that indicated that KC was not involved- his showing up and esp. his showing up with Dr. Lee would put that evidence in question. I mean it could possibly be planted by Lee or JB.

And what was the most recent scandal on Dr. Lee? Wasn't it something like lying to a jury or something similar? Not too far a stretch from lying in court to contaminating a crime scene.

Ok, I'm a rookie here dumb question. Is it normal for them to be there during this time? also, at the scene of the disposal before the police have left? Thanks

No..........this is highly unusual!

Pam said that there doesn't have to be premeditation in FLA for Murder 1 -- that they have something called Felony murder which is Murder 1. If the perp kills someone in the process of committing certain felonies that they would qualify for Murder 1 and DP...such as AGGRAVATED CHILD ABUSE.

Hopefully plenty of forensics even after 6 months. Being submerged for so long could make it difficult. Perhaps towel or something in bag could be matched to A home.

can someone repeat what Pam said about felonies in florida-she was explaining about murder one and a life sentence- and something about it could be considered a felony-even without something- I didnt catch it all

Even without premeditation. The fact that you would use chroloform on a child is so dangerous that if she died and it wasn't premeditated, it would be murder one - aggravated child abuse.

Maybe I'm just a mean mother then... but if one of my kids committed murder, let alone my GRANDBABY, there is no way in hell I would stand by them. No way.

No..........this is highly unusual!

I think so too -- I thought the autopsies were supposed to be independent opinions, not a group effort. I wasn't aware that they had to 'agree' on what happened at the autopsy table, that's what court is for.

I keep hearing talk about the body being wrapped in a towel and how that could have led immediately to the police racing down to the A's home to get a match.

I wonder if these reporters have heard a rumor that a towel was found in the bag? The blonde reporter Geraldo just talked to made it sound like it was something placed in that bag that caused the new search of the home.

Very interesting! Rumor only at this point.

No one would fault them for that. It's the constant denial of her responsibility...

Exactly. To some extent I too can understand the desire to stand by their daughter not matter what she has done, I just can't bear the constant implications of everyone but Casey and continuing to denegrade LE. I have to wonder if standing by their daughter simply means that they will continue to support the Zanny the Nanny defense. This is going to be one for the history books.

Maybe because I was half paying attention, but doesn't it seem inconsistent that Craig timed how long it took for her (read:Casey) to drive to the dump site and Geraldo talked about how she had google searches on her computer that were suspicious, in light of the murder?

Is he slanting that she's guilty now?

I am a little surprised that CA and GA are sharing the same lawyer. Maybe after he hears the full story, the lawyer will be just as surprised.

Maybe I'm just a mean mother then... but if one of my kids committed murder, let alone my GRANDBABY, there is no way in hell I would stand by them. No way.

I am with you, January.
(I actually have had a child once prone to lying...no way in hell have I enabled it...ever...)

I don't see a problem with allowing the defense to watch Dr G do the autopsy - they wouldn't even have to be in the room if there's an observation deck.

But Florida law doesn't require it, and the prosecutor is turning every screw at his disposal in the vicinity of Jose's nether regions.

I think so too -- I thought the autopsies were supposed to be independent opinions, not a group effort. I wasn't aware that they had to 'agree' on what happened at the autopsy table, that's what court is for.

Defense was allowed in to view and photograph some part of the Laci and Conner autopsies, IIRC. Not allowed to touch anything.

can someone repeat what Pam said about felonies in florida-she was explaining about murder one and a life sentence- and something about it could be considered a felony-even without something- I didnt catch it all

It sounded liek that in FL, felony murder exists for cases where aggravating factors of the case exist - and in this scenario it sounds to be aggravated child abuse. They were specifically speaking of a scenrio where Casey used chloroform on Caylee and that killed her, but that Casey didn't intend to kill her. In FL law (as I understood it), the intent in this scenario would not necessaily downgrade the charges to anything relating to an accidental death - still looking at murder.

Maybe because I was half paying attention, but doesn't it seem inconsistent that Craig timed how long it took for her (read:Casey) to drive to the dump site and Geraldo talked about how she had google searches on her computer that were suspicious, in light of the murder?

Is he slanting that she's guilty now?
I caught that too - "it took Casey only 40 seconds..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members