Gerard Baden Clay's murder appeal #2

Some more coincidences

1. In the book he gave his mistress a date that he would leave his wife by, and when questioned about this after his wife disappeared he said he had just plucked the figure out of the air and was doing it to keep her happy and the business running.
2. He had a secret email account just for his mistress
3. His wife and mistress ran into each other at a local gym became upset and bombarded the husband with abusive texts
4. After his wife found out about the affair she checked his mobile every night and put an app on his phone

Also
1. They had nicknames for the family cars the the wife was upset as the husband had sex in one of the cars with his mistress
2. It was mentioned that the police may plant a microphone in the flowers at the funeral
3. The wife's favourite colour was yellow and everyone brought sunflowers!

Also
1. They had nicknames for the family cars the the wife was upset as the husband had sex in one of the cars with his mistress
2. It was mentioned that the police may plant a microphone in the flowers at the funeral
3. The wife's favourite colour was yellow and everyone brought sunflowers!

Sounds very similar. Have you finished it yet?

INITIALLY, Professor Daryl Joyce thought it was someone sleeping.

The academic regularly paddled his kayak along the peaceful Brisbane river in the city’s outer suburbs. But on that warm Monday in April 2012, Prof Joyce quickly discovered his first impression was wrong, reports whimn.com.au.
“I realised it [was] Allison based on her clothes. A mannequin dressed like Allison had been shown on TV.”

“I saw a person lying on their side beneath the bridge. Initially, I thought it [was] someone sleeping on the creek bank. Then, I realised it [was] Allison based on her clothes. A mannequin dressed like Allison had been shown on TV.”
Her body was partly facedown, her jumper tangled around her neck, and she was still dressed in casual clothes.
“It was initially a shock,” Prof Joyce says. “[It was] imperative to let the police know urgently. The search had been given a lot of press coverage. It was clear that the family were terribly distraught and needed to know ASAP.”
Prof Joyce acted speedily. “I immediately kayaked to where I launch my kayak, drove home and rang the police.”

Allison Baden-Clay’s parents reveal the one question they are always asked

Allison Baden-Clay’s parents have broken their silence for the first time, saying the pain of their daughter’s loss five years ago at the hands of her husband “doesn’t go away."
Her husband, Geoffrey, spoke in front of a crowd of 165 people at the launch, saying the question he always gets asked is, “how are the girls?”

“We always tell them that they are doing fine. They are loving school and they are loving all the activities they do. They are very strong and they get on with life,” he said.

http://www.9news.com.au/National/2017/04/21/17/43/allison-baden-clays-parents-break-their-silence

Vanessa Fowler, sister of murder victim Allison Baden-Clay and board member of The Allison Baden-Clay Foundation, said the charity was honoured to support the campaign.

“From a very young age, Allison and I were on stage, so the arts were, and continue to be, a very big part of our lives. And of course Allison’s three girls continue to be very involved with the arts ... it’s all very close to our hearts,” she said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...t/news-story/4c9983d5d5476c0751351a78adc75bdd

Memory Lane.

5 May 2015

Websleuths: Citizen detectives and professionals helping police solve crimes

At 8.38am, on April 28, 2012, a member of true-crime forum Websleuths​ posted on a thread about missing Brisbane woman Allison Baden-Clay: "I'm out this way and I kept getting eerie feelings around Kholo Creek overpass. I know it probably sounds silly, but it's the 'what if'..."

News that a body had been found was posted on the site at 9.22pm the following day. At 10.22pm, the member – whose plan to look at the area that morning fell through — wrote, "Look, she's [at Kholo Creek]… I wish I called the police. This is freaking me out a little."

They may have read the comments. Authorities certainly listened when another Websleuths member, Steve*, a doctor, contacted them about the case. Like other Australian forum members, he communicated with Fairfax Media via email, with all but one asking for their username not to be identified.

He became interested because he lived near Allison and husband Gerard's Brookfield house. Both were well known to locals. "It was close to home – literally," he says.

Gerard Baden-Clay's defence team unsuccessfully applied for bail after her autopsy showed high levels of the antidepressant Zoloft, which Allison had been prescribed, arguing she may have taken an overdose.

http://www.northerndailyleader.com....ssionals-helping-police-solve-crimes/?cs=4141

Sounds very similar. Have you finished it yet?

Yes, but won't give away the ending, different to our case.

I read a bit more on the author and apparently she wrote a few pieces about the case and flt very strongly about the appeal.

I am still only halfway through reading the trial threads, but oh my goodness I am so glad that the appeal was overturned and GBC's murder conviction reinstated. As a survivor of domestic violence myself, I never once thought this case was anything different than a textbook case of a controlling narcissistic ******* who thought that getting rid of his wife would solve both his financial and romantic problems.

Some random things I noticed which I didn't think were overly discussed:

OBW's picture of Gerard with the bloodshot eye and red welt-like mark above his collar is interesting, but NOT proof of anything. If you look at the pictures of GBC at the sport event and compare it with the police shirtless pics, it's obvious that the red mark which was attributed to a caterpiller bite/irritation on the left side of the neck was far closer to the jaw, much higher up than the two almost parallel petechial looking bruises/abrasions which the police took note of. The shirt he was wearing and its buttoned up collar provide a spatial reference. The later injuries which were under police scrutiny were clearly closer to his clavicle and lower down his neck. In my opinion they were indeed more consistent with a fingernail clawing/scratch through clothing.

There's probably no point in mentioning the above as the case is closed and GBC is safely behind bars as the perpetrator. Still, I can't help but remark on how obvious the evidence seemed to me. It pained me to see how far GBC and his family went to defame and malign Allison's character. I, too, have suffered from post natal depression. I struggled with breastfeeding and it lead to emotional outbursts and anxiety. Luckily for me, changing to formula helped me get over that slump and refocus on my lovely son. The fact that the BC emphasised issues with not having sons just makes me so angry. I don't believe for a second that Allison herself was ever disappointed at her kids being girls, but I could believe Gerard would be pissed off. Even though it's the MAN who determines what sex the baby is and anyone who still blames a mother for the sex of a child is woefully ignorant of biology in this day and age.

NBC seems a real piece of work, going on about choice of clothing colour as indicative of depression.

Allison reminds me of myself, perhaps that's why I have identified so strongly with her case. I've been a high achiever, someone others would call resilient, but also a conflict-avoider. Someone who often blamed herself for relationship problems and yet also appeared confident and self-assured to her friends. I'm thankful that when I finally extricated myself from a toxic relationship that threatened my mental/emotional and physical wellbeing that I hadn't had any children to worry about. Allison had to think of how her actions would affect her children and I believe that's why she wanted to fight to stay in the marriage and work things out. Unfortunately her husband had other ideas and stresses.

McCoy, I am so appreciative of you bringing this book story to the open. Many thanks. Please continue to post. I am reading the book through your eyes.
Not sure of my awful sense of unease. But I am not at all comfortable with a third party "creating" a fictional story from a real life story from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. And turning it into a "Story" of merely interesting reading.
This real life story had more twists than a rattle snake. The real life story was about real life people.
Real life people, and other real life people who cared. Cared enough to act and have a voice.
May Allison June Dickie Baden Clay rest in peace.
The real story was filled with lies, innuendo, up and down garden path treks, allusions, deceptions and deliberate attempts to fabricate and divert the course of justice.
The real story reflected no concern for the victim by the perpetrator. Ever.
The perpetrator never once was able to express any grief as to Allison's passing. Or how she passed. Only was able to speak of himself.
This real life story was the impetus for real life people to have a voice.
Actually plenty of voices came to the fore here ...... On more than one parallel.
Some voices that had hitherto been silenced. Some for many years.
Voices that had personally experienced Narcissism. With its many facets.
That voice might not recognized the name, Narcissism, but had experienced the "silent" symptoms of narcissism.
Starting from actively trying to distance the victim from her own family. Then denigrating her self worth.
Then focusing on HIS sense of self importance. HER life was of relative non-importance.... Or so she was led to believe.
Then quietly attacking her sense of self worth.
All extremely subtle. She doesn't even recognize to any nuances.
No, she is totally focused on being a good wife, a good mother, a good person; she is oblivious to anything resembling narcissism. Or greed. Or nuances.
Adultery, she has has forcibly recognized, but has been unable to come to terms with........
There was more than Narcissism to this story.
Con-Artistry, Common Theft and Adultery entered the equation. Together with an inflated sense of self worth.
Followed closely by the Art of fibbing to save own self.
This "story" exempflied a story of greed for "filthy lucre", of adultery, and ultimately of murder.
I, a seemingly unimportant member of the community, was personally shocked to the core with that first Television interview with GBC, together with his sister.
At that time, I personally, KNEW, with horribly certainty, that police and the community should be looking for a deceased lady.
Not a "Lost" or "Depressed" or "Overdosed" lady, or one that had "run away from home" lady. Or one who had been abducted.
There was also the over zealous BC family who thought they were smarter than the plebs or Colonials of Queensland.
No BC family member ever offered any manner or means of assistance ever. Not even a pretend token.
This story is of a lovely lady, Allison Baden Clay, and her murder.
Her resilience and strength of spirit. Her indomitable character.
And the person who cheated her. And thought he could could get away with murder. And her Insurance money.

FYI

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...t/news-story/df60f2618af9bb10881850115a853387

Court rules Allison Baden-Clay’s daughters can receive life insurance payout
AAP 11:42AM May 8, 2017

In February 2017, the Brisbane Supreme Court ruled that Gerard Baden-Clay had no right to her estate. However, the Federal Court had to rule on whether her life insurance policies were part of Allison Baden-Clay's estate.

Today, the Federal Court ruled that the sum of Allison’s policies would be included under the control of the estate executor — her father, Geoff Dickie, and kept in a trust for her children. Therefore, Allison Baden-Clay’s daughters will finally receive the $800,000-plus life insurance payout.

:clap:

JUSTICE DONE.

David Murray‏Verified account @TheMurrayD 11m11 minutes ago

Allison's life insurance will go to her daughters. It's taken five years but court proceedings finally over

:great:

aww. Very nice. and all that interest , too . 5 years at the Govt. Trustee Fund rate at around 7.2% averaged over 5 years...... that alone must make Gerard cry bitter tears into his Govt. Issue pillow, and God alone knows what it has done to Bwana's blood pressure. All that money wasted on girl children, dearie me and now not to be managed by Bwana and whatshername , Eileen?, Eleanor?... no couple of thou thrown to Olivia , either.. .

As for Madame Lash..... it's still off to the fortnightly appearance at Centre link, applying for 20 jobs a fortnight. Good luck.

It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...e/news-story/f6e1d6cf1e88952254c47c98e9645c0a

'Long, arduous' Baden-Clay legal trek ends
19 minutes ago, May 8, 2017
Sonia KohlbacherAustralian Associated Press

The parents of slain Queensland mother Allison Baden-Clay say they are focusing on raising her children as the "long and arduous" legal proceedings in her case finally come to an end.
In a statement released Allison's parents thanked the community for supporting their family since her body was discovered in a creek bed west of Brisbane in April 2012.
"Today marks the end of a long and arduous journey through various court systems and we are pleased to be at the official end of all of the litigation in our daughter's case," ...case," the statement said.
"This morning, the Federal Court ruled that Allison's three girls will receive the proceeds of her life insurance and superannuation policies.
"While this seems like a victory for our family, we feel that it is little compensation for the loss of a mother, daughter and sister.
"Even though the past five years have been very difficult and stressful, we continue to move forward ensuring that Allison's three girls are cared for, and nurtured as Allison would have wanted."...

:grouphug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back