Gerard Baden Clay's murder appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
In trying to see reason why Baden Clay Senior (on Gerard’s behalf) would submit the claim for life insurance within hours of Allison’s body being found, the question is: why would a normal person do this immediately?

Wouldn’t you care enough about Allison (your wife and daughter in law) to preclude putting your mind to claiming her life insurance on that very day?

What possible explanations-:?

. in trying to just appear normal, overdid the acting;
. don’t waste any time in getting the money;
. you thought the Insurance Institution would penalise you if you waited until at least
full identification was established ….. even under the circumstances.

Most obvious answer: ………. Remain focussed on the intended death benefit and proceed with the next step in the process.

Channel 9 Today show said.

The parents of Allison Baden-Clay are calling for everyone to attend a rally in Brisbane this Friday (?) against the Manslaughter decision.

In trying to see reason why Baden Clay Senior (on Gerard’s behalf) would submit the claim for life insurance within hours of Allison’s body being found, the question is: why would a normal person do this immediately?

Wouldn’t you care enough about Allison (your wife and daughter in law) to preclude putting your mind to claiming her life insurance on that very day?

What possible explanations-:?

. in trying to just appear normal, overdid the acting;
. don’t waste any time in getting the money;
. you thought the Insurance Institution would penalise you if you waited until at least
full identification was established ….. even under the circumstances.

Most obvious answer: ………. Remain focussed on the intended death benefit and proceed with the next step in the process.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was actually Gerard that rang, even before the body had been identified. He was told he needed an identity and a death certificate before claiming. He rang back after Allison was identified but was told he needed a death certificate. He was quite pushy on both occasions. When asked why he claimed so quickly he said his father had told him to as he had worked in insurance.

Channel9 Today Show.

ARMY FOR ALLISON

Anger grows for the overturn to Manslaughter.

Friends and family are joining forces against the downgrade to Manslaughter.

Domestic violence will not be tolerated.

Prime Minister will be doing a video conference.

Justice hasn't been served.

Baden-Clay took exception to the accusations to murdering Allison and now saying he might have killed Allison.

Friend describing Allison - we have lost and extraordinary person, wonderful mother and 3 children robbed of a lifetime of memories.

Wear yellow, come to the rally in support that fomented tic violence will not be tolerated.

This is killing me!!

Smug' Baden-Clay still wears wedding ring, moved to 'quieter section' of prison

Convicted wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay still wears his wedding ring in jail and acts arrogantly, according to prison sources.

Earlier this month the former Brisbane real estate agent had his murder conviction downgraded to manslaughter, sparking widespread public outrage.

Since the downgrade Baden-Clay has been moved to the residential section of the Wolston Correctional Centre, in Queensland, which has been described as the "quieter" part of the prison complex, The Courier Mail reports.

Inside the S7 section, which has an "open campus" design, inmates reportedly enjoy more freedom and sleep in six bed units with a shared kitchenette and laundry and unfettered access to tennis courts and a gym.

Baden-Clay has also reportedly secured a job as a "trolley pusher", delivering meals to his fellow inmates three times a day.

A prison source told The Courier Mail Baden-Clay appeared to be happy.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/12/14/02/14/baden-clay-still-wearing-wedding-ring-in-prison

A reminder about the person police instantly suspected.

Police instantly knew Gerard Baden-Clay had killed his wife Allison as soon as they saw him the morning of her disappearance.

Constables Kieron Ash and Leah Hammond arrived at the Baden-Clay home at 8am, took one look at Gerard and feared foul play.

Const. Ash noticed the tie and cufflinks. But mostly he noticed the gouges down Gerard’s face. Jagged red lines. They dragged their angry way down Gerard’s right cheek, all the way to the bottom of his jaw.

Those weeping scratches told a story. He’d told them he’d cut himself shaving. They looked at this pillar of the community and saw a liar.

They called for backup.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...er-disappearance/story-fnje8bkv-1226990882303

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was actually Gerard that rang, even before the body had been identified. He was told he needed an identity and a death certificate before claiming. He rang back after Allison was identified but was told he needed a death certificate. He was quite pushy on both occasions. When asked why he claimed so quickly he said his father had told him to as he had worked in insurance.
Daddy Nige said in the witness box that he told, GBC to ring on the day Allison went missing. Another cover up by daddy maybe

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

He seemed happy, he wasn't nervous. Smug. He is always smug," a prison source told The Courier Mail

well whos fault is that, Prison Source? :facepalm:

Daddy Nige said in the witness box that he told, GBC to ring on the day Allison went missing. Another cover up by daddy maybe

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk
Thank you BreakingNews.
From words that I recorded at the trial:

Baden Clay Senior said that Gerard was not in a good state / he was absolutely anxious.
When the body was found he told Gerard that he had an obligation to notify the Insurance Company.
Gerard asked his Father to fill in any claim form for him and he signed them.

For me, it is relevant and useful in this Appeal wrangle that this statement occurred before the discussion between the Trial Judge, the Defence and the Prosecution (with regard to changing to Unlawful Killing), and that this took place before Gerard took the stand.

In other words: Don't wait Son; better be quick and get your hands on the money because ..... if they get enough evidence to charge you it might be too late ..... the money could be frozen by the Authorities, and you might never get it!

Thank you BreakingNews.
From words that I recorded at the trial:

Baden Clay Senior said that Gerard was not in a good state / he was absolutely anxious.
When the body was found he told Gerard that he had an obligation to notify the Insurance Company.
Gerard asked his Father to fill in any claim form for him and he signed them.

For me, it is relevant and useful in this Appeal wrangle that this statement occurred before the discussion between the Trial Judge, the Defence and the Prosecution (with regard to changing to Unlawful Killing), and that this took place before Gerard took the stand.

I remember there being quite a bit of conjecture on here regarding The extended BCs as accessories after the act. (I was a lurker not a poster back then).

Anyone got a good summary? I recall the following:

- vacuum cleaner removal from the house
- house cleaned
- Nigel's hasty insurance claim or providing cover story for the claim
- BCs promoting ABC as mentally ill
- possible assistance moving body to Kholo Creek
- BC family "searching" for ABC but no one calls her family

IMO - AAFOVA

I remember there being quite a bit of conjecture on here regarding The extended BCs as accessories after the act. (I was a lurker not a poster back then).

Anyone got a good summary? I recall the following:

- vacuum cleaner removal from the house
- house cleaned
- Nigel's hasty insurance claim or providing cover story for the claim
- BCs promoting ABC as mentally ill
- possible assistance moving body to Kholo Creek
- BC family "searching" for ABC but no one calls her family

IMO - AAFOVA
JMO ..... think we shouldn't be discussing those, as it is only Gerard who was on trial ........ evidence during the trial by Baden Clay Senior and his sister Olivia would be relevant for discussion (even though that evidence conflicted with other information reported in the Media or on Websleuths).

<snipped for brevity>
IMO - AAFOVA

There were never charges laid by the police conducting the investigation - to my knowledge.

There were never charges laid by the police conducting the investigation - to my knowledge.

Your right there Fusky.

But they didn't have a thing to do with it did they? :thinking:

By the time the police arrived (my heart throb Kieren Ash :heartbeat:) the house was uncharacteristically spotless according to Mrs Dickie.

Do I recall correctly the police had to tell Ol' Nig to remove the vacuum cleaner from his car boot several times? Why was Ol' Nig intent on getting rid of the vacuum cleaner? Persistent old bugger isn't he, why? Oh that's right I think he was going to clean a rental property. :floorlaugh:

AND I THOUGHT THIS WAS DONE AND DUSTED. :therethere:

Thanks Alioop. Do you see this being overturned?:rollercoaster:

Hi BN. I don't see this being overturned but then I was wrong about the appeal succeeding as I thought there was enough incriminating post conduct evidence to support murder. So who knows what the outcome will be. At least appealing to the High Court, first involves an application for leave to appeal so if that leave is not granted then manslaughter stands.
Given the time to appeal period will end before the sentencing, I suspect the prosecution will file an appeal to be within time but then if the sentence is significant they may not proceed with the appeal.
We have to wait and see what they decide to do.

Allison's friend Nicole Morrison speaking on Cannel 9's Today show this morning. She will be speaking at the rally in Brisbane this Friday at King George Square.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 84
...you know... I don't mind at all being labelled as part of the pitchfork crowd.. I don't think any community can progress , or thrive, or live in the necessary degree of safety and harmony if the murderous and the dangerous among us are not kept in some sort of constraint, after due process.

It is airyfairy to hold the idea that tolerance of murder , especially the murder of women, by men, has some sort of status and therefore should be accepted. That truly has to be the way to extreme diminishment and dullness, of both the perpetrator and the encourager ,who would like the murderer out on parole, looking for another victim, at ease with approval of the weak and the willing , who would rather this , than the very necessary judgements and removal from the community that the present system does, .. not very well, but mostly adequately.

SO add me into the 'pitchforkers'.. proud to be there.

Whilst I say very little, I read a lot…..Trooper you are brilliant. GO GIRL !!!!

Hi BN. I don't see this being overturned but then I was wrong about the appeal succeeding as I thought there was enough incriminating post conduct evidence to support murder. So who knows what the outcome will be. At least appealing to the High Court, first involves an application for leave to appeal so if that leave is not granted then manslaughter stands.
Given the time to appeal period will end before the sentencing, I suspect the prosecution will file an appeal to be within time but then if the sentence is significant they may not proceed with the appeal.
We have to wait and see what they decide to do.

I believe GBC can still get life for manslaughter. Firstly he swore black & blue he didn't have anything to do with Allison's death. Now, maybe, A LITTLE BIT?

I'm hoping his NO remorse will be his demise and now the public outrage will shake a few trees.

Don't underestimate the sisterhood guys!!

For those who (want) to remember.....

"I'm trying to look after my children at the moment, we've got three young girls.

"We really trust that the police are doing everything they can to find my wife."
(None of the Baden-Clays helped in the search)

Mr Baden-Clay, an estate agent, said his wife was not upset when he last saw her.
(SHE CLAWED HIS FACE!)

"I've tried to help the police as much as I can," he said.
(More lies)

Mr Baden-Clay is recovering from a car accident which occurred just two days after his wife was reported missing.

He was taken to Royal Brisbane Hospital after crashing his car outside Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, in Brisbane&#8217;s west on Sunday afternoon.

Mr Baden-Clay suffered very minor injuries after crashing into the bus terminal at Indooroopilly Shopping Centre.

"It hurt a little bit but I'm okay," he told Channel 9.
:floorlaugh:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ter-in-car-crash/story-e6freoof-1226336841867

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304