Germany - Shooting at Munich shopping centre, 22 July 2016

Mathieu von Rohr ‏@mathieuvonrohr 22 sec

Man was wearing a red backpack. Police want to inspect the contents of the backpack before approaching the body. (Source: @ARD)

BBM

Mathieu von Rohr
@mathieuvonrohr

Reminder: "There is almost never a second shooter"

[video=twitter;756599473166544896]https://twitter.com/mathieuvonrohr/status/756599473166544896[/video]

[video=twitter;756604507233083392]https://twitter.com/PolizeiMuenchen/status/756604507233083392[/video]

July 22, 2016
10:44 pm

Munich shooting: at least nine dead as police treat attack as terrorism and hunt for three gunmen - as footage emerges of gunman cursing foreigners on fifth anniversary of Anders Breivik attack

Gunman in Munich opens fire at a McDonalds by the Olympia shopping centre
Police describe shooting as terrorism
Police hunt three gunmen, believed to still be in Munich
Nine confirmed dead
Unconfirmed reports that there could be shootings in city centre
Islamic State supporters celebrate on social media

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-munich-shopping-centre/#update-20160722-2221

Mathieu von Rohr
@mathieuvonrohr

Reminder: "There is almost never a second shooter"

[video=twitter;756599473166544896]https://twitter.com/mathieuvonrohr/status/756599473166544896[/video]

This comment reflects very well how much Germans and Europeans generally trust media and maybe even authorities. You almost always need to be aware they have an agenda to push.

Sent via Tapatalk

Shepard Smith ‏Fox news @ShepNewsTeam
Local media reports that a 15-year-old girl is among the dead in Munich; injured children have been admitted to hospitals.

Mathieu von Rohr ‏@mathieuvonrohr 30 sec.

Police found dead body around 1 km from shooting scene; seems to be the man from McDonald's video. Police sending robot to inspect the body.

BBM

Makes sense sending a heartless, thoughtless cold machine, to inspect the same.
imo.

Sam Washington ‏@SkySWashington

Police guarding Marienplatz tell me there was/is no shooting there. Main historic square deserted.

BBM

Makes sense sending a heartless, thoughtless cold machine, to inspect the same.
imo.

I suppose they are doing this for very practical reasons ;) like things that go BOOM!

If he is dead, and shot himself, it is possible that he was a madman of sorts and the only shooter.
Police spokesman mentioned 'up to three shooters' and that is not the same as 'three shooters'.

Hopefully they find out quickly who he is and take it from there.
Things are bad enough as they are without a group of shooters on the run.

:praying:

ElPais made a map

http://elpais.com/elpais/2016/07/22/media/1469212727_453572.html?id_externo_rsoc=TW_CM

1469212727_453572_1469223731_noticia_normal.jpg

I thought the McDonalds was part of the shopping centre, but it is on the other side of the street, a real street and no pedestrian zone.
So he starts in the restroom of McDonalds, then crosses the street, passes through the shopping center (?) and ends up on the roof of the parking lot. Shouting. And shooting a bit more. Very visible to any police sniper. I wonder if he was aiming for a suicide by cop and then they were late.....

IMHO these are the only two videos of the shooter(s) sofar, or are there more?

What we know so far

At least nine people have been killed – including a possible attacker – and at least 10 injured in a shooting in Munich. Police have referred to the incident as a suspected terror attack.

At 5.52pm gunshots were fired at a McDonald’s near the Olympia shopping centre (OEZ) in the northern Moosach area of the Bavarian capital.

Eight people were killed and an undetermined number wounded at the shopping centre, according to police. Officers are also investigated whether a ninth body, found about 1 km (0.6 miles) from the scene is that of one of the attackers.

A major police operation, including elite anti-terror units, is under way in the city. Police have said, based on witness reports, they are hunting up to three suspects armed with rifles, but are uncertain about the actual number.

Luan Zequiri, a witness who was near the restaurant at the time of the initial shooting, has told broadcaster n-tv that he saw only one attacker, wearing boots and a backpack, who shouted “an anti-foreigner slur”.

A video later appears to show a gunman firing a pistol on the rooftop car park of the shopping centre.

Police have said all customers have now been evacuated from the shopping centre.
snip>
What we don’t know

No claim of responsibility has been made and there is no indication so far of the attackers’ motives. Police have said they cannot confirm any Islamist link.

No one has so far been arrested and officials have no indication of the attackers’ identity or whereabouts.
snip>
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/22/munich-shooting-what-we-know-so-far

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/22/shots-fired-at-munich-shopping-centre/
Live
Munich shooting: Gunman targeted children outside McDonald's restaurant in shopping centre rampage - as footage emerges of suspect cursing foreigners on fifth anniversary of Anders Breivik attack
On Twitter, the local forces said shootings had taken place at Hanauer street, which is the location of both the Olympia shopping center and the adjoining McDonalds.

Reports of the gunman's behaviour were confused and contradictory.

A Muslim woman told CNN that she heard the gunman yell: "Allahu Akbar," yet video footage showed a gunman ranting against foreigners and Turks, suggesting a Neo Nazi attack.

Children were said to be targeted, and a 15-year-old girl among the dead.

Turkish man believed among the victims

A freelance journalist in Munich has told BBC Radio 5 Live just now that one of the victims outside McDonalds was an 18-year-old Turkish man, who had come from Greece.

The victim was shot twice outside McDonalds, after pushing his sister aside - likely to try and save her.

His father has suffered a heart attack and been taken to hospital.
rbbm.

July 22, 2016
6:30 pm

At Least 9 Dead in 'Possible Terror Attack' at Munich Mall, Manhunt Underway

At least nine people are dead and at least 10 are injured, following what police have described as a "possible terror attack" at the Olympia-Einkaufszentrum shopping mall in Munich, Germany. A manhunt is underway.

Police said that witnesses called to report three people with guns on a nearby street who later moved toward the mall. The perpetrators remain at large.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/shots-fired-shopping-mall-munich/story?id=40804805

-----Watching BBC NEWS so scary

I think it will end up being ONE lone gunman, like often happens. The gunman moves around so fast that it at first appears as if there are 2 or 3. That's what happened in the initial reports of the Dallas cop killer.Reports of 3 gunmen dwindled down to one sick, twisted shooter in the end.

Just checking in to say - I'm here. I heard the news when I wasn't near the computer to check in with WS, and I've been following updates on the radio. But, I know this is the WS is the place to be. Going back now to catch up on what all of you have found out.

Let's not meet like this again, okay? Enough of these situations!!

Somenone made a transcript and translated that ~ I appreciate that.
Found this on twitter, no source is mentioned but IMHO it is pretty accurate, I have watched the roof top video a few times carefully as the evening developed..

CoAOtKcWgAARdGP.jpg

IMHO the two testimonies, the one from McDonalds where the shooter allegedly shouted Alluh Akbar and this 'discussion' on the roof of the parking lot are not mutually exclusive. One can be both born and raised in Germany AND a muslim. Or pretend to be one or either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back