Germany - Truck crashes into Christmas market in Berlin, 9 dead, 19 Dec 2016

ADMINISTRATIVE DEALINGS WITH THE PERSON WHO BECAME THE ASSASIN OF THE BREIDSCHEIDPLATZ ANIS AMRI

The German Minister of the Interior has published an overview of 19 pages that sums up the administrative dealings with Anis Amri, both as an alleged refugee and a possible terror suspect (which they ended up deciding that he was not)

http://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/D...wnload-chronologie.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

You don't have to understand German to see what bureaucracy looks like.
These are some of the abbreviations on the first 4 pages. They refer to departments, documents and procedures:

TUN CIE ZIS ED BUMA ZIS EAE ZAB ZUE ABH ZUMA ZAP BAMF BUMA UE LKA EW NV EK VP GBA GBA 2BJS BKA-VE TKU EV GSTA BE LKA BE LKA NW BKA BfV IMV NW PP Nordhessen GBA LKA NI LfV NI

... and on it goes, for another 15 pages while Amri throws in one alias after the other that the security system fails to process properly.

Mind you, this is only a summary. Tip of the iceberg of documents, notes and warnings.

Imagine the Germnan authorities having to go through this same process for all the alleged 5000 terror-ready immigrants and their devoted helpers in the country.

Schaffen sie das? Will that work? Can it work?

:juggle: :dunno:

Germans may silenty think that it is time to vote for someone else, preferably someone who will close the Unaffordable Open Borders.

MIGRANT CAMPS ARE 'HOTBED FOR TERRORISM' SAYS WHISTLEBLOWER IN CHILLING REPORT

Express.co.uk
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...rmany-whistleblower-in-CHILLING-REPORT-Europe

Pakistan born Shams ul-Haq even described how he was barely questioned when he gave a fake name to access a camp in Berlin.

The journalist migrated to Germany 26 years ago as an unaccompanied underage asylum seeker but decided to throw himself back into the world of refugees to see what was really going on.

Mr Haq reported his expose in German publication Morgen Post. He said: “I did not shave for five days and didn't sleep for two, got an old pair of trouser out of the basement, and then I looked like an asylum seeker.

“In Berlin I went to the Lageso, where thousands of people had been waiting in the cold at night to take a number. When it was finally my turn, I gave them a fake name, told a story about where I came from, and said that I needed asylum.

“No, nobody asked me much, and no one checked anything that I told them.

He went on to stay in camps in Potsdam and Eisenhüttenstadt, Germany, using 10 different identities.

In some places the journalist had his fingerprints taken - but the identities were never matched up.

He said: “The system does not work and I know employees from the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees or from the Federal Criminal Police Office, who tell me that it has not worked so far.

“In my case, no-one noticed any of my double registrations, although I had my fingerprints registered in some cases.”

(....)

“The worst thing is that people have nothing to do. They hang around all day without any occupation. Some of them get into mischief.

“Refugee camps are a breeding ground for salafists and terrorists. Sometimes it is said that Germany was importing terrorists. When in fact we breed them ourselves.

(...)

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...s-lost-borders-applications-rejected-migrants

Austria has lost track of 10.000 asylum seekers
From January to November 2015, show that 19,660 positive asylum decisions were issued while 11,275 applications were rejected.
Yet a staggering 10,261 procedures had to be discontinued because the applicants could no longer be found.

Recently the German-Pakistani investigative journalist and terrorism expert Shams Ul-Haq noted in an undercover investigation how easy it is for asylum seekers to disappear into thin air, saying it creates a huge terror risk for Europe.

When Ul-Haq had enough of an undercover stay at an asylum centre in the Swiss town of Kreuzlingen, he asked to terminate his asylum procedure.

Together with five other migrants, he was released onto the streets, without travel documents, as illegal residents.

Nobody checked whether the group left Switzerland or stayed illegally within its borders.

Ul-Haq said this was the case all over Austria, Switzerland and Germany, having visited 35 asylum centres undercover.

BBM

MIGRANT CAMPS ARE 'HOTBED FOR TERRORISM' SAYS WHISTLEBLOWER IN CHILLING REPORT

Express.co.uk
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...rmany-whistleblower-in-CHILLING-REPORT-Europe

Pakistan born Shams ul-Haq even described how he was barely questioned when he gave a fake name to access a camp in Berlin.

The journalist migrated to Germany 26 years ago as an unaccompanied underage asylum seeker but decided to throw himself back into the world of refugees to see what was really going on.

Mr Haq reported his expose in German publication Morgen Post. He said: “I did not shave for five days and didn't sleep for two, got an old pair of trouser out of the basement, and then I looked like an asylum seeker.

“In Berlin I went to the Lageso, where thousands of people had been waiting in the cold at night to take a number. When it was finally my turn, I gave them a fake name, told a story about where I came from, and said that I needed asylum.

“No, nobody asked me much, and no one checked anything that I told them.

He went on to stay in camps in Potsdam and Eisenhüttenstadt, Germany, using 10 different identities.

In some places the journalist had his fingerprints taken - but the identities were never matched up.

He said: “The system does not work and I know employees from the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees or from the Federal Criminal Police Office, who tell me that it has not worked so far.

“In my case, no-one noticed any of my double registrations, although I had my fingerprints registered in some cases.”

(....)

“The worst thing is that people have nothing to do. They hang around all day without any occupation. Some of them get into mischief.

“Refugee camps are a breeding ground for salafists and terrorists. Sometimes it is said that Germany was importing terrorists. When in fact we breed them ourselves.

(...)

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...s-lost-borders-applications-rejected-migrants

Austria has lost track of 10.000 asylum seekers
From January to November 2015, show that 19,660 positive asylum decisions were issued while 11,275 applications were rejected.
Yet a staggering 10,261 procedures had to be discontinued because the applicants could no longer be found.

Recently the German-Pakistani investigative journalist and terrorism expert Shams Ul-Haq noted in an undercover investigation how easy it is for asylum seekers to disappear into thin air, saying it creates a huge terror risk for Europe.

When Ul-Haq had enough of an undercover stay at an asylum centre in the Swiss town of Kreuzlingen, he asked to terminate his asylum procedure.

Together with five other migrants, he was released onto the streets, without travel documents, as illegal residents.

Nobody checked whether the group left Switzerland or stayed illegally within its borders.

Ul-Haq said this was the case all over Austria, Switzerland and Germany, having visited 35 asylum centres undercover.

BBM

WOW just stunning TY!

AMRI ESCAPED THE GERMAN POLICE BY A HAIR'S BREADTH

Welt.de
https://www.welt.de/politik/deutsch...=socialmedia.socialflow....socialflow_twitter

Two days after the attack on the Berlin Christmas market, the 24-year-old assassin Anis Amri was spotted in Emmerich am Niederrhein. In the evening, investigators searched his accommodation there. They came a few hours too late.

According to a report, Anis Amri, the assassin of the Christmas market in Berlin Berlin, probably barely escaped the German authorities. According to information from the editorial network Germany (RND), the 24-year-old Tunisian was spotted on a bus two days after the Berlin attack in Emmerich am Niederrhein.

According to security circles, the Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA) received a report from the testimony of a credible witness. Amri's accommodation in Emmerich was searched on the evening of the same day.

The assassin was seen on Wednesday morning, the 21st of December, around 7 o'clock in the morning near his old accommodation at the Niederrhein. Until now, it was known that the Tunisian was filmed by a surveillance camera at 11.30 am on the train station of Nijmegen in the Netherlands. The Dutch border town is only 40 kilometers from Emmerich.

On December 19, Amri drove a truck into a Christmas market in Berlin. Twelve people died, dozens were seriously injured. Amri still managed to flee to Italy, where he was shot during a police check near Milan on December 23.

BBM

IMHO the author is mixing up breadth and length, of a long, loooong hair.

:pullhair: :giggle:

Lest we forget:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...in-9-dead-19-Dec-2016&p=13015743#post13015743

+++ 15:20 Operation in NRW is delayed due to typing errors +++

N.TV.de
http://www.n-tv.de/politik/15-41-Tat...e19368596.html

The large-scale police operation in the Emmerich area in North Rhine-Westphalia is delayed because of writing errors in the relevant documents. This is what "Die Welt" reports. The court orders are allegedly not valid as a result of writing errors.

According to reports, an asylum accommodation in Emmerich was the last known address of the wanted Tunisian.

BBM

GERMANY REVIEWING NEARLY 550 MIGRANTS DEEMED A SECURITY RISK

Reuters
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-security-idUSKBN15230D

Germany said on Wednesday it would review the cases of nearly 550 asylum seekers who have been deemed a security risk, spurred by new questions about the handling of a Tunisian migrant who killed 12 people last month at a Berlin Christmas market.

Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere told lawmakers the country's Joint Terrorism Task Force would look carefully at each of the 547 people identified as a security risk to determine if they needed to be deported or taken into custody.

Burkhard Lischka, domestic policy spokesman for the Social Democrats in parliament, said authorities had lost track of three of those people, and he drew parallels to the case of the failed Tunisian asylum seeker, Anis Amri, who plowed a truck through the Berlin Christmas market.

The German government, in a reply to a parliamentary inquiry by the Left party, said Amri had been investigated for an attempted murder in March 2016, but gave no further details, according to a report in Die Welt newspaper.

(...)

Patrick Sensburg, a Christian Democratic lawmaker, told the Funke Mediengruppe newspaper chain that state authorities who had investigated Amri had not informed Germany's chief prosecutor about those probes until after the attack.

"The justice minister could not determine why multiple investigations of Amri by the states for social benefits fraud, falsification of documents and drug trafficking were not cross-linked," Sensburg told the newspaper.

BBM

:bodyguard::bodyguard::bodyguard::bodyguard::bodyguard:

GERMAN INEFFICIENCY: THE CONTINENT'S LEADER NEEDS INTELLIGENCE REFORM

ForeignAffairs.com
https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/germany/2017-01-19/german-inefficiency

On December 19, 2016, Germany was hit by its first major Islamist terrorist attack, when Anis Amri, a Tunisian supporter of the Islamic State (ISIS), drove a trailer truck into a Berlin Christmas market, killing 12 and wounding 53. The attack, right in the center of former West Berlin, triggered a heated and nervous debate about how Germany should respond—a debate whose outcome will likely affect the parliamentary elections in September 2017. Many Germans are terrified by law enforcement’s failures in the run-up to the attack, and are demanding quick and decisive changes to the country’s domestic security architecture. Meanwhile, the complacency of politicians in Berlin and in most of the powerful states—with the notable exception of Bavaria—indicates that they do not seem to have grasped that the system must be completely overhauled if Germany is to be saved from the twin dangers of right-wing populism and jihadist terrorism. If Berlin continues on its current path, electoral catastrophes—and more terrorist attacks—are very likely to rattle Germany in the coming months.

(...)

... most of the jihadists who plotted attacks in Germany in 2016 were Arabs and Berbers from Syria and North Africa, who had first come to Europe in 2014 and 2015. They had arrived with the immense flow of refugees which had started in 2014, and had then flooded Western Europe after the decision of German Chancellor Angela Merkel in September 2015 to open the borders to everyone arriving via the overland Balkan route. ISIS used this golden opportunity to send seasoned personnel to perpetrate attacks, such as the one in France in November 2015, and to prepare for more in Belgium and Germany.

(...)

When the CIA and NSA provided their German colleagues with information about planned attacks, the Germans foiled them. But when the United States had no information, the Germans had to rely on sheer luck and the incompetence of the prospective terrorists to escape from harm. [Ansbach attack]

(...)

The main difference between the situation now and that before 2015 is that today, after the refugee crisis, neither the United States nor its European partners can cope with the scale of the threat.

(...)

Germany’s domestic security system needs a complete overhaul in order to prepare for the terrorist threats of the coming years.

(...)

The overhaul will have to start by centralizing the 38 institutions designed to counter jihadist terrorism in Germany. Every state has its own intelligence service and state office of criminal investigation, some of them stronger (such as those in Bavaria), many of them weaker (such as those in Berlin). Their lack of cooperation—and professionalism—led to some of the chaos in the Amri case.

(...)

Germany will have to strengthen its intelligence services as well.

(...)

Germany will also have to reestablish control over its borders.
Communication among the Schengen member states, moreover, is sorely lacking, and German authorities currently do not know who is entering other European states.

(...)

For the time being, it remains unlikely that anything close to these reform steps will be implemented, because even a very basic proposal to centralize the security authorities has met with stiff opposition. [...] ... the German political elite will remain mired in complacency.

BBM

More alarming facts and conclusions at link

THE SWISS CONNECTION: TERRORIST AMRI'S SMARTPHONE CAME FROM SWITZERLAND

Welt.de
https://www.welt.de/politik/deutsch...=socialmedia.socialflow....socialflow_twitter

One thing is certain: Anis Amri is said to have stayed in Switzerland several times in recent years. Approximately in May 2015 for about two weeks. This was reported by a brother of the Tunisian in the "Schweizer Sonntagszeitung". And the pistol with which Amri shot a Polish truck driver on December 19, 2016, before he drove his truck into the Christmas market at Breitscheidplatz, was probably tfor a while in Switzerland. The weapon of the German manufacturer Erma, caliber 22, was legally exported there in the 90s and subsequently sold again.

Amri allegedly used the smartphone since February 2016

According to the research of the magazine "10 vor10" by the Swiss television station SRF and the "Welt" in the case of Amri yet another trace leads to Switzerland. The mobile phone of the Tunisian, which was secured shortly after the terrorist attack in the killer truck, comes originally from the country. Where Amri got the mobile phone is still unclear. According to the actual investigation, the device and the prepaid SIM card were probably registered in a different name.

Anis Amri is said to have used the smartphone since February 2016. Earlier, another cell phone of the Islamist had been confiscated during a police check-up at the Central Omnibus Station (ZOB) in Berlin. According to a report by the German authorities, "a mobile phone carried by AMRI has been secured by way of ownership protection."

However, the analysis did not provide "any hints on attack plans or other criminal offenses". However, two Libyan telephone numbers, which were verified by the Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND), were found. The result of this review by the foreign secret service is still unknown.

BBM

And its hard to breathe...................

could that be a translation issue??

Eeeh.... no. That is what it says in German too.

I will translate the entire article later, but there is only so much a person (me!) can take.

*takes another deep breath*

ANIS AMRI, ASSASSIN OF THE BERLIN CHRISTMAS MARKET, ALLEGEDLY GOT HIS ORDERS DIRECTLY FROM ISLAMIC STATE

Welt.de
https://www.welt.de/politik/deutsch...hl-direkt-von-IS-Fuehrung-erhalten-haben.html

The assassin of the Berlin Christmas market, Anis Amri was in direct contact with the top of the Terrorist Islamic State (IS) according to a media report. This is the result of research by the "Spiegel" based on a tip from the United Arab Emirates to German security authorities on 8 January.

According to this tip, Amri, the Tunisian, is said to have received an order from an extremist with the combat name Abu Baraa al-Iraki, responsible for "external operations" in the IS organization.

On December 19, Amri drove a truck into the Christmas market at the Berlin Gedächtniskirche, killing twelve people. On the run, he was shot by Italian policemen.

The prosecutor's office (GBA) and the Federal Criminal Police Office are investigating the report. The name of the IS man is known to the authorities here from other proceedings against alleged IS terrorists camouflaged as refugees, reported the magazine. The Germans consider the source from the security system of the Emirates as reliable.

The terrorist organization IS had claimed the Berlin terrorist attack and declared that Amri was their soldier. In Germany, he had already been classified and observed as an Islamist threat a month before the attack.

The Federal Criminal Police Office currently estimates the number of the Islamic threats is more than 600. This is a new peak. Since last summer, hardly a month passes without a terror suspect being arrested somewhere in Germany.

BBM

Do the math.
There are over 600 suspected terrorists posing as refugees in Germany.
The police arrest one every month. FYI a year has twelve months.
If Germany closes the borders, how long will it take before the police has caught all terrorists?
If Germany keeps the borders open, how long will it take for the police to catch all terrorists?

SIX MONTHS AFTER ATTACK ON BERLIN CHRISTMAS MARKET WOUNDED ARE STILL IN HOSPITAL

Welt.de
https://www.welt.de/vermischtes/art...=socialmedia.socialflow....socialflow_twitter

Barely six months after the terrorist attack in Berlin, up to twelve injured persons are still being treated in hospitals, day clinics or rehabilitation facilities. This was communicated by the victims' representative, Kurt Beck. The number changes constantly. Some of the affected persons had been back home, but they had to be cared for by the hospital again. Others were only able to register later.

BBM

FAMILIES OF VICTIMS CHRISTMAS MARKET CRITICISE MERKEL: "YOU DON'T DO JUSTICE TO YOUR POSITION"

Welt.de

The families of the victims from Breitscheidplatz in Berlin accuse German Chancellor Angela Merkel. They call the attack also "a tragic consequence of her political inactivity". They also deplore the lack of support.

Almost one year after the attack on Breitscheidplatz, relatives of all twelve victims accuse the federal government of total failure. In an open letter to the Federal Chancellor, from which the "Spiegel" quotes, they complain about "blatant grievances" concerning the security authorities.

The Chancellor was jointly responsible for this. The letter states that the attack on Breitscheidplatz is also a tragic consequence of the political inactivity of her federal government. At a time when the threat from Islamists had increased, she had failed to push ahead with "reforming the confused official structures" in time.

In addition, the relatives criticize the fact that they had not received sufficient state support after the attack on 19 December 2016. "It is our concrete expectation of you, Chancellor, that the Federal Republic of Germany will help our families unbureaucratically and comprehensively," they write. Compared to this expectation, the extent of the current state support remains far behind.

In their letter, the surviving dependants also accuse Angela Merkel personally. Even "almost a year after the attack, she did not express her personal or written condolences to them" the letter states. It is "a question of respect, decency and, in fact, a self-evident fact that you, as Head of Government, on behalf of the Federal Government, acknowledge to our families the loss of a family member by a terrorist act."

A government spokesperson said on request that the Chancellor had been concerned from the outset "not to leave those affected alone in their situation and to express her sympathy". She will attend the inauguration of a memorial to the victims on the anniversary of the attack and meet relatives for a conversation the day before.

Tunisian assassin Anis Amri had steered a stolen truck to the well-attended Christmas market. Amri, who had co-ordinated the attack with a representative of the Jihadist militia Islamic State (IS), then escaped unrecognized and was shot four days later on his escape at a police checkpoint in Milan.

BBM

The article that I promised to translate earlier:

Bild.de
http://www.bild.de/politik/ausland/...-50641004.bild.html#remId=1581984520668321175

FAMILY DEVASTATED BY GERMAN AUTHORITIES SETTLE THE SCORE

They lost their daughter Fabrizia (31) in the Berlin Christmas market attack. They feel completely abandoned by the German authorities and politicians.

Two months after the funeral, the relatives of Fabrizia di Lorenzo from Sulmona (Abruzzo) break their silence.

"Insensitive, absent, unorganized, incapable."

With these four words, the parents and brother of the dead Erasmus student describe their experiences with the Berlin authorities, which they made after the truck attack of the Islamist Anis Amri, who was later shot dead.

Mother Giovanna and father Gaetano, both 59, both postal workers, talk to the "Corriere della Sera" about how the traumatic days of Berlin began for them.

She was trying to reach her daughter on her cell phone, the mother says. "A young man answered in English. I didn't understand anything and passed the phone to my son. He said he found the phone at the Christmas market and wanted to take it to the police. At first I thought Fabrizia might have lost it. But when we heard about the attack, I called the Italian Foreign Office. My son and I took the first plane to Berlin the next morning."

The essence of her accusation:"Three endless days no German agency has been able to tell us anything while we have suffered like mad without any psychological care."

A DNA test finally brought certainty on December 22nd. The mother of the Italian woman who was killed has no good memory of the removal of the genetic material either.

"The only representative of the state was a policewoman who took the DNA material from me without saying a single word," she doesn't accept as an excuse possible language barriers: "They treated the German victim families in exactly the same way."

Only through pressure from diplomats was it possible to fly out Fabrizias corpse to Italy for burial at Christmas.

The mother says that no sum of money can outweigh the life of her daughter. But a compensation payment would mean assuming responsibility for not having stopped a known criminal for years and not protecting visitors to the Christmas market through barriers.

The fact that they are legally considered to be relatives of an victim of a traffic accident is a mockery to Giovanna di Lorenzo.

Background: According to the law, fatalities by a means of traffic can only be compensated by a fixed accident fund totalling 7.5 million euros, so that until now only the murdered Polish truck driver could be compensated.

The mother took good note of the fact that Federal President Joachim Gauck had apologised to the victims' relatives for the lack of communication with the authorities.

As the "Tagesspiegel" reported, during the meeting it was said that the investigating Federal Criminal Police Office had initially imposed a news blackout. Moreover, the situation was unclear in the first few hours. However, this does not justify such a failed communication. Their sad highlight was an invoice to the victims' relatives from the Berlin Senate - for the costs of forensic medicine. Including the threat of a debt collection company in case of late payment.

The mother of the student who was killed is not convinced of the statements made by Interior Minister Thomas de Maizière (63, CDU), according to which such an attack was not expected.

The intelligence services had long since sounded the alarm and Fabrizia herself had said that she was afraid of an attack.

According to the angry mother, Germany should "assume public responsibility" for these shortcomings.

BBM

This interview dates from February 28, 2017.

Apparently, not much has changed in Germany for the families of the victims.

I have written about Angela Merkel's total lack of concern for her fellow Europeans (and Westerners) earlier here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-attack-18-July-2016&p=12898169#post12898169

:notgood:

ANGELA MERKEL 'EMBRACES REFUGEES BUT LEAVES VICTIMS OF TERROR OUT IN COLD'

The Sunday Times
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...eaves-victims-of-terror-out-in-cold-fdjg7l0f3

After Sigrid and Hans-Georg Rheinsberg lost their daughter Doris in the terrorist attack by a jihadist asylum seeker on a Berlin Christmas market last year, they expected a letter of condolence from Chancellor Angela Merkel.

But when they finally received an official note, it was an invoice from the forensic medicine department demanding €51 (£45) for identifying the body of their daughter. If they failed to pay within 30 days, the letter warned, a debt collector would be hired.

Ahead of next week’s anniversary, the Rheinsbergs and other relatives of the 12 victims have written a hard-hitting open letter to Merkel blaming her policies for Germany's worst jihadist terrorist attack and accusing her of failing them in its aftermath.

BBM

ANGELA MERKEL 'EMBRACES REFUGEES BUT LEAVES VICTIMS OF TERROR OUT IN COLD'

The Sunday Times
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...eaves-victims-of-terror-out-in-cold-fdjg7l0f3

After Sigrid and Hans-Georg Rheinsberg lost their daughter Doris in the terrorist attack by a jihadist asylum seeker on a Berlin Christmas market last year, they expected a letter of condolence from Chancellor Angela Merkel.

But when they finally received an official note, it was an invoice from the forensic medicine department demanding €51 (£45) for identifying the body of their daughter. If they failed to pay within 30 days, the letter warned, a debt collector would be hired.

Ahead of next week’s anniversary, the Rheinsbergs and other relatives of the 12 victims have written a hard-hitting open letter to Merkel blaming her policies for Germany's worst jihadist terrorist attack and accusing her of failing them in its aftermath.

BBM

Disgusting! It’s time the awful woman left office it’s a pity she was just re-elected but without the majority needed.

AMRI PLANNED HIS MURDEROUS ATTACK ALREADY ON ARRIVAL IN GERMANY

Bild.de
http://www.bild.de/bildlive/2017/te...-54197518.bild.html#remId=1581984520668321175

Anis Amri, the assassin from the Berlin Christmas Market, apparently planned the attack already on his arrival in Germany.

The "Berliner Zeitung" writes that this is the outcome of investigation files. At that time, an Islamist had accompanied him, to whom the authorities attributed membership of the terrorist organisation ISIS.

From the beginning, Amri had been in direct contact with ISIS terrorists in Libya and received direct instructions. Already in December 2015, the Tunisian had gathered information on the internet on how to kill people.

According to the Berlin politician Hans-Christian Ströbele (Greens), federal authorities had already been aware of Amri's specific plans for the attack in February 2016, which he had discussed with Libyan ISIS fighters in intercepted chats. "The Federal Bureau of Investigation knew these protocols."

On the basis of this suspicion, the Attorney General could have obtained an arrest warrant for membership of a foreign terrorist organisation.

For inexplicable reasons, however, Amri was not even observed in full.

BBM

The reasons for NOT observing Amri are not that mysterious, the German authorities are simply not capable of observing all Jihadists in Germany because there are too many Jihadists and too many bureaucratic layers.

THE HIERARCHY OF VICTIMS

Junge Freiheit
https://jungefreiheit.de/debatte/kommentar/2017/hierarchiesierung-der-opfer/

On 19 December, the first anniversary of the attack, a memorial will be inaugurated at the loaction of the crime. On the positive side, it should be noted that the names of the dead, who were only present as numbers to the public until now, are mentioned here.

The inscription, however, is a pain in the face:

"To commemorate the victims of the terrorist attack on 19 December 2016, for a peaceful coexistence of all people."

The first sentence suppresses the Islamist motif of the attack, the second consists of bigotted silly German. A "peaceful coexistence" with religious fanatics who regard non-Muslims as enemy targets, who want to kill them in their homes, and at least to subjugate and muzzle them, is by all means impossible.

The failure of the state to act properly becomes clear when one compares the ignorance with the hasty mourning manifestations after the unveiling of alleged NSU murders in November 2011. The difference is all the more striking because it is unquestionably certain that the Tunisian Anis Amri was both the assassin and involved in Islamic structures, while to date there is no conclusive evidence about the NSU as perpetrators.

This did not prevent Norbert Lammert, the President of the Bundestag, from expressing immediately "our sadness, dismay and shock (...) about the appalling series of murders and attacks by a criminal neo-Nazi gang" and from prejudicing investigative work, reporting and the judiciary.

This hierarchy of victims is politically motivated. While the alleged NSU dead are suitable as blood witnesses against the critics of the multitribal and multireligious society, which is the goal of politicians, the dead of Breitscheidplatz are an indication that this policy is life-threatening for those who have been living here for a long time. In 2015, for example, the assassin was able to reach Germany in the slipstream of the wrongly treated so-called refugee crisis and secure his stay here.

From the government's point of view, it is plausible to cover up the risks and side effects of their actions, to submerge the political and religious motives of the attack in a semi-darkness and to treat the victims in a bureaucratic manner as victims of an extended traffic accident. Merkel's indifference fits in with this.

The crime could have been prevented, as we now know, because there were clear indications of Amri's plans for the assassination. The failure of the security authorities is so incomprehensible that speculation is inevitable. Incompetence of the personnel through politically desired negative selection is yet the more friendly explanation, the targeted infiltration by religious extremists the worst.

BBM

Translating "Für ein friedliches Miteinander aller Mensche." as "for a peaceful coexistence of all people" is almost like upgrading the text and pretending that there is more than it says in reality.

In fact, the local restaurants, the supermarkets and my baker advertise their daily specials like this:

"Für ein gemütliches Miteinander “ .... meaning cosy gettogethers. It does not get more sophisticated when one replaces cosy with peaceful.

Who on earth would want a coffee, a cake or a three course meal or any cosy gettogether with Anis Amri?

BBM

To be honest I don't really get what you're trying to say? "For a peaceful coexistence of all people" is the correct translation and I don't see a relation to a "gemütliches Miteinander" at all.

Today marks one year after the islamist terror attack on the Christmas Market.

This is the monument that was 'created' to commemorate the victims:

breidscheidmonument.jpg

Names etched in steps. And that is all. Thousands will step on them without even thinking. It is hard to imagine that this is the best the German authorities could think of, even if some of the surviving families agreed.

Neue Zürcher Zeitung
https://www.nzz.ch/feuilleton/zu-spaet-zu-leise-ld.1341182

Too late, too light

This Tuesday the language of the state changed, at least at first sight. "I want to assure you," Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier says in a speech to the bereaved:"We're not leaving you alone in all this." The task left by December 19, 2016,"to those responsible in politics" was: "We must clear up omissions and learn from mistakes". The chancellor sounded similar. She had previously met with the victims of the terrorist attacks: "It was a very open and also from the people who are affected, a very ruthless conversation that showed what weaknesses our state has shown in this situation," she said - and promised to "work on making things better that have not gone well."

These formulations, which sound woody but somehow well-intentioned at first glance, turn out to be evasive manoeuvres on closer inspection. No one has taken personal responsibility on this anniversary. No representative of the state said: I have made mistakes. When the Federal President speaks of "those responsible for politics", the collective is so large that no one has to feel spoken to.

Angela Merkel, with her post-ideological style of governing, is often seen as a sensible antithesis to the power people of politics. In dealing with the victims of terrorism at Breitscheidplatz, it has now been shown that this style does not only leave power people but also the weak ones lost in the dark.

A policy that defies every pathos makes itself small even in mourning. The controversial "Penalty from Aleppo", which has already been set up in many central places in Germany as an abstract memorial against war and expulsion, could have been a model for a real memorial in this case. The battered semi-trailer of the attack (or a replica) placed in the heart of the city, would have been a clear sign: Here the Islamic terror brought death to our midst - we never want to forget it. But that would have been too clear for today's understanding of the German state. Too specific.

A symbol easily overlooked

The actual memorial is a small crack in the ground in front of the Memorial Church. In the stairs to the entrance, the names of the murdered appear. It is a quiet symbol that can easily be overlooked in the hustle and bustle of the Christmas market. And it will be.
It is shortly after half past nine on Monday evening, when the old, private memorial has been cleared away. Somewhere a few glasses clink together, and an employee of a mulled wine stand calls out why we look so seriously. A sign also hangs on his place:"Advent, Advent, the mulled wine is hot. First one, then two, then three, then four. . I can't rhyme drunk anymore." Not the small tear in the ground, but the fuzzy feeling of booze will soon leave its mark on the spirit of this Christmas market.

BBM

:rose:

ATTACK ON CHRISTMAS MARKET: WHERE IS "MOUMOU1"?

WELT.de
Anschlag am Breitscheidplatz: Der Einflüsterer von Anis Amri - WELT

When Anis Amri went on his murder spree, he wasn't alone. An IS contact in Libya had guided and supported him. The authorities have identified the man - and are still looking for him.

"Stay in touch with me," wrote Anis Amri to his virtual companion via telegram chat on December 19, 2016 at 7.16 pm - three quarters of an hour before the attack. The Tunisian had just left the mosque in Berlin-Moabit. "Inshallah," the mentor wrote back. Allah willing. Who is the mysterious IS contact man who led Amri via cell phone chat? Investigators found the first clue to Amri's secret companion right at the scene: a HTC smartphone was right next to the truck. The telegram chats between Amri and "moumou1" could be partially reconstructed. Many messages, photos and videos were probably deleted.

BBM

And the rest, whetever it may be, is hidden behind a paywall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back