Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #10

rbbm
''Law enforcement resumed the search in Manorville Thursday and were also seen on Wednesday scattered across a preserve near Wading River Manor Road. A K-9 unit was also at the scene.
Michael Gould, a canine behavioral expert, said while time and weather can make searches more challenging, officers have the best asset to assist them in finding whatever it is they're looking for.
“Dogs are the only technology that has even a chance to go out in these environments and find odor. There is no X-Ray machine, nothing that can locate odor like a dog,” Gould said.''
''One local resident, Mike, told DailyMail.com cops were looking in his backyard.
'I have five acres. I told the guys we know every god damn dirt trail from Manorville to Calverton and then some,' he said.
'There is one pond called Deep Pond that more than 70 feet deep of black water - I’d have divers in the lake I’d tell you that - that is what I would do.'
1714219498314.png

The police search of Manorville and its surrounding areas continued into a fifth day Saturday, with Suffolk County Police and New York State K-9 units searching deeper into the woodlands than they had in previous days as the Gilgo Beach investigation continues to expand to new areas.

Four Suffolk K-9 teams were spotted near the power lines west of Nugent Drive in Calverton not far from the Suffolk County Jail, where suspected Gilgo Beach killer Rex A. Heuermann has been housed since his arrest last July. New York State Police were also spotted south of the expressway again, beginning their morning in the woods east of Chapman Boulevard and County Road 111.

The extensive police search of a remote area on Long Island is not tied to suspected Gilgo Beach killer Rex Heuermann — but to another possible serial killer, police sources told The Post.

Cops are looking for new evidence related to the 1993 murder of Sandra Costilla — and they are hoping to finally tie the case to convicted killer John Bittrolff, according to sources with knowledge of the Suffolk County case

Last edited:
The extensive police search of a remote area on Long Island is not tied to suspected Gilgo Beach killer Rex Heuermann — but to another possible serial killer, police sources told The Post.

Cops are looking for new evidence related to the 1993 murder of Sandra Costilla — and they are hoping to finally tie the case to convicted killer John Bittrolff, according to sources with knowledge of the Suffolk County case

Twice today my hopes have been dashed. I need to curl up and lick my wounds. I'd been hoping the Manorville searching was RH connected. NOT.

Then I was hoping the identification of Patricia McGlone, formerly the Mid-Manhattan Jane Doe, might somehow tie into RH and some of the evidence pulled from his home, vehicles and/or storage units last summer. Again a big NOPE.

Wonder when we might expect to begin seeing some results from all those Heuermann searches? He was such a packrat he may have 50 years of mementoes saved back.

Police have not officially explained why teams had been combing through woods in Manorville for days, though a source previously said the search was in connection with the Gilgo Beach murder investigation. That search expanded on Friday to the Southampton community of North Sea, about 30 miles away, according to a law enforcement source.

An unsolved murder there from 1993 has been linked to Manorville carpenter John Bittrolff, who was convicted in 2016 of killing sex workers Rita Tangredi and Colleen McNamee. Bittrolff's name has at times been mentioned in connection to the Gilgo case.

Prosecutors wouldn’t say if the North Sea search was connected to the one going on in Manorville.

State and local law enforcement officers descended on Manorville starting Tuesday. An NYPD officer at the scene previously told NBC New York the search area was focused at Schultz Road and North Street. The officer said an NYPD K-9 unit was on the scene, on Wading River Road near the Long Island Expressway. Dogs were set to search what the officer described as a "large, wooded area." The officer didn't say what they thought they might find, nor was it known if anything was found.

Police have not officially explained why teams had been combing through woods in Manorville for days, though a source previously said the search was in connection with the Gilgo Beach murder investigation. That search expanded on Friday to the Southampton community of North Sea, about 30 miles away, according to a law enforcement source.

An unsolved murder there from 1993 has been linked to Manorville carpenter John Bittrolff, who was convicted in 2016 of killing sex workers Rita Tangredi and Colleen McNamee. Bittrolff's name has at times been mentioned in connection to the Gilgo case.

Prosecutors wouldn’t say if the North Sea search was connected to the one going on in Manorville.

State and local law enforcement officers descended on Manorville starting Tuesday. An NYPD officer at the scene previously told NBC New York the search area was focused at Schultz Road and North Street. The officer said an NYPD K-9 unit was on the scene, on Wading River Road near the Long Island Expressway. Dogs were set to search what the officer described as a "large, wooded area." The officer didn't say what they thought they might find, nor was it known if anything was found.
I’m always a little bit skeptical of the NY Post. Like the Daily Mail, they are tabloid and they get some amazing scoops but they get a lot of stuff wrong too. I trust the NBC information that you posted here more than the NY Post suddenly going, “The Manorville search moved to North Sea, and it definitely has nothing to do with Heuermann.” We heard earlier in the week that these were two separate searches (or one an "extension" of the other), and that the ongoing Manorville search was connected to Heuermann, the North Sea one to Sandra Costilla, whose body was found there. We don’t know whether they’re trying to link her to Bittrolff, Heuermann, both, or what. I’m just not willing to change up everything we know about these searches based on one NY Post article, but that’s just me.

Last edited:
I’m always a little bit skeptical of the NY Post. Like the Daily Mail, they are tabloid and they get some amazing scoops but they get a lot of stuff wrong too. I trust the NBC information that you posted here more than the NY Post suddenly going, “The Manorville search moved to North Sea, and it definitely has nothing to do with Heuermann.” We heard earlier in the week that these were two separate searches (or one an "extension" of the other), and that the ongoing Manorville search was connected to Heuermann, the North Sea one to Sandra Costilla, whose body was found there. We don’t know whether they’re trying to link her to Bittrolff, Heuermann, both, or what. I’m just not willing to change up everything we know about these searches based on one NY Post article, but that’s just me.
I don’t trust The New York Post at all. Moo

Judging by the description of the original crime scene, Costilla’s murder seems more likely linked to Bittrolff, JMO. I think they’re just tying up loose ends in anticipation of Heuermann’s trial.

In the past, they had some incomplete investigations and it’s time to resolve them as best they can. Identify and test DNA for all, look for any evidence left behind, try to link these victims to their killers, whoever they are. That includes Shannan Gilbert.

Judging by the description of the original crime scene, Costilla’s murder seems more likely linked to Bittrolff, JMO. I think they’re just tying up loose ends in anticipation of Heuermann’s trial.

In the past, they had some incomplete investigations and it’s time to resolve them as best they can. Identify and test DNA for all, look for any evidence left behind, try to link these victims to their killers, whoever they are. That includes Shannan Gilbert.
I suspect you're exactly right. So many cases I know nothing about. It's just that so much time was spent digging through the Heuermann belongings, IF there was anything there, surely we'll be hearing about it before too much longer.

Surely there are more than four.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back