Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #10

Yes, hair gets everywhere, especially via the floors, bedding and simply being in a washing machine.

I am kinda fuzzy on the timeline atm, but wasn't their own kid in a similar age to the killed toddler at the time of the murder? This could not only explain the possible remorse behaviour with the kid (wrapping etc), but possibly also the hair - post-partum hair shedding is a thing. Mentioning it just in case if the murder victim with most AE hair found was murdered during the first lifeyear of their daughter, not that it really needs an extra reason, but just an interesting biology fact.

Yes, hair gets everywhere, especially via the floors, bedding and simply being in a washing machine.

I am kinda fuzzy on the timeline atm, but wasn't their own kid in a similar age to the killed toddler at the time of the murder? This could not only explain the possible remorse behaviour with the kid (wrapping etc), but possibly also the hair - post-partum hair shedding is a thing. Mentioning it just in case if the murder victim with most AE hair found was murdered during the first lifeyear of their daughter, not that it really needs an extra reason, but just an interesting biology fact.

Feelings:

It really upsets me - that Rex was parenting a child the toddler's age, was parenting an adolescent/young woman the same age as his alleged and possible victims. If he had no empathy for the victims, could he not empathize with their fathers?

Evidence:

Let's talk about the hair that is NOT there: How was it that Rex, assuming he transported the GB4 on his own and brought along hairs from the household, managed NOT to drop his own hairs at the scene. Burlap is rough and grabs at jagged fingernails, entraps hair, etc. and Rex has always worn his hair with enough length to shed strands that could endure the elements if his wife's could. If the murders were committed in his bed, as someone postulated (and it could be what happened; I know of nothing to rule that out) why wouldn't his hairs also get onto the bodies?

Did Rex clean the bodies of his hair and sources of DNA, but just leave his wife's hair caught in a belt? Why?

MOO

Feelings:

It really upsets me - that Rex was parenting a child the toddler's age, was parenting an adolescent/young woman the same age as his alleged and possible victims. If he had no empathy for the victims, could he not empathize with their fathers?

Evidence:

Let's talk about the hair that is NOT there: How was it that Rex, assuming he transported the GB4 on his own and brought along hairs from the household, managed NOT to drop his own hairs at the scene. Burlap is rough and grabs at jagged fingernails, entraps hair, etc. and Rex has always worn his hair with enough length to shed strands that could endure the elements if his wife's could. If the murders were committed in his bed, as someone postulated (and it could be what happened; I know of nothing to rule that out) why wouldn't his hairs also get onto the bodies?

Did Rex clean the bodies of his hair and sources of DNA, but just leave his wife's hair caught in a belt? Why?

MOO
One of his did. It was found with Megan.

I have long hair, shed quite a bit, and own a cat, so I can attest to the fact hair has a magical way of getting into and onto everything. But I also can't help but find it od his wife's hair made it onto not one, not two, but three of the Gilgo 4.

As far as Peacock goes, my thoughts are complex. I can definitely see where someone would say, "Well, my family's life has been severely affected by this and we'll never be the same, but maybe this money will help us out in the long run, might as well try to find a silver lining." Doubly so if the family has documented dire financial straits. I don't think people would react the same way if Asa's behavior were different than what it has been...

Six figures sounds a bit odd to me for a docuseries appearance, even if it is Peacock. Compensation for documentary appearances is extremely common and people are usually given money to make up for travel expenses to get to the studio, but six figures for an appearance/royalties? Really? That's insane to me. I'm now wondering what the people who appear on all the I.D. shows got. I know the actors for reenactments don't get much.

Feelings:

Evidence:

MOO
Maybe he made them wear his wife’s nighties in order to add some thrills to his relationship? I mean by seeing his wife wearing what they wore? And vice versa in some sick way.

Well. The triplicate transfer hairs aren’t enough for statistics but it is….unheard of to my knowledge.

One of his did. It was found with Megan.

Thanks... you're literally right, but the point stands. There was as much VH hair as Rex hair. That says to me, someone was careful with Rex DNA evidence. If the GB4 were killed in one location such as Rex's home and transferred to where they were found by a person....let's speculate Rex...that Rex person was meticulous with his own DNA but less careful transferred DNA evidence.

I tend to think the bodies were all moved together...at least three of them...from some other grisly resting place. I could be wrong about that, of course. I picture an Avalanche filled with 3 or 4 bodies pulling to the side of the highway 3-4 times on one trip, in order to make space for more guns, downsize a rental storage unit, or something. There is likely evidence in LE's hand to support or refute the theory that the bodies were placed there at the same time or different times. For me, I only guess.

But I think it's a semi-solid that the GB4 and/or wrapping materials were in Rex's home at some point. And, when the bodies/wrapping materials were moved, very little of Rex's DNA was moved with them.

MOO

It would be interesting to know her response to that, considering she claims he's not capable of killing those women. Such a bizarre case, with the killer's wife having her own team of attorneys and her hair on the bodies of the victims. Never seen one like this before.

The rolls of burlap leaning of stacked in shed, or storage area that she walked by regularly and the hairs caught on rough burlap?
Live in home with long hair women, find stray hairs are actually woven into some wool sweaters, coats, that belong to the men & have found human hair woven into carpet, have found dog hair underneath phone and tablet covers, inside books, in the fridge & on curtains lamp shades. Drafts in the home must draw the hairs through the house and as find quantity of dog hair in basement where the dog never goes and the attic which is inaccessible to dog. Not a dirty house, hair is lightweight and travels or finds a place to get stuck.
I don’t find it odd that hair gets around a house and gets stuck in unexpected places.

I agree about hair getting everywhere, whether or not house is dirty or cleaned regularly.

What bothers me is the flat statement—very early on and that has not changed or been fully explained, that I’ve seen, anyway—that Asa is not a suspect in the murders.

I’d like to know the evidence behind the statement.

Because in other cases, if DNA from someone other than the main suspect was found, some reporter would be demanding to have answers.

If I’ve missed the whole explanation of how it is KNOWN she isn’t involved—other than she was out of town—please direct me to it.

IMO

I agree about hair getting everywhere, whether or not house is dirty or cleaned regularly.

What bothers me is the flat statement—very early on and that has not changed or been fully explained, that I’ve seen, anyway—that Asa is not a suspect in the murders.

I’d like to know the evidence behind the statement.

Because in other cases, if DNA from someone other than the main suspect was found, some reporter would be demanding to have answers.

If I’ve missed the whole explanation of how it is KNOWN she isn’t involved—other than she was out of town—please direct me to it.

IMO
LE says she is not a suspect because, when all 4 murders Rex committed took place, Asa and her children were away on trips or vacations. Investigators checked receipts for airline flights hotel stays, etc. IIRC most of these were found by searching Their credit card records.

LE says she is not a suspect because, when all 4 murders Rex committed took place, Asa and her children were away on trips or vacations. Investigators checked receipts for airline flights hotel stays, etc. IIRC most of these were found by searching Their credit card records.

I’m assuming that LE did all those thing, but have missed the msm reporting or LE press releases that says they did.

And maybe I’m just too cynical and suspicious because of alibis that are accepted and later disproven.

New jersey though? Iceland. Ok. NJ hmm

Also, if AE’s absence is such a strong marker for homicidal behaviour, how about someone releases a list of the dates she was - far - away? Might be good to know in order to find other victims of when these ”swinger parties” may have been extended by RH.

I’m assuming that LE did all those thing, but have missed the msm reporting or LE press releases that says they did.

And maybe I’m just too cynical and suspicious because of alibis that are accepted and later disproven.
On one hand, I agree that it is hard to trust that LE is invested in solving the case, given the Suffolk County local politics history, as told by sources such as the book Jimmy The King.

On the other hand, the examples above have been reported as statements or implications by police. For example, in the tharging documents and the arrest pressers LE mentioned the travel out of State and Country during crimes.

We're out of hands now, so let's put on the shelf: LE does not usually tell of investigating a person until the point that they are about to take an action such as charge & arrest them. This is particularly true in Suffolk, which uses a tight Grand Jury system. There has been a more recent "body parts" case (very likely unrelated, but shows the culture of Suffolk) where persons were accused only of something like mishandling a corpse for throwing body parts out of a car like fast food trash. Chances are excellent they are being investigated for more serious crimes like murder. Since the county will not charge with a more serious crime or even mention the investigation, they could not hold them or require bail, just an appearance ticket.

The Suffolk county DA responded to public outrage by saying the State should allow them to make a judgement call on bail. The Stare replied they should investigate more serious charges. They probably are investigating more serious charges. They just like to keep it secret.

In conclusion, we don't know what LE is doing in regards to other possible victims or suspects beyond little "drops" of information like those Betty enumerated. But we do know that those little drops are legit. And we do know Suffolk is closed-lip. While there is also plenty of reason to believe Suffolk County had been avoiding solving this case for years, with one part time investigator, etc., you can't draw a straight line from that to certainty that any potential witness or suspect is not being investigated.

MOO

Its in the bail application, starts at page 8

New jersey though? Iceland. Ok. NJ hmm
Agreed. Atlantic City is a short drive -- too close to say "no way" and leave it at that. Now, the fact that she had the children with her may add some weight to the alibi, but can we rule out babysitters, or leaving them with other family members also visiting, so poor Asa could have some down time? Nope -- don't think that door should be slammed and locked shut.

In conclusion, we don't know what LE is doing in regards to other possible victims or suspects beyond little "drops" of information like those Betty enumerated. But we do know that those little drops are legit. And we do know Suffolk is closed-lip. While there is also plenty of reason to believe Suffolk County had been avoiding solving this case for years, with one part time investigator, etc., you can't draw a straight line from that to certainty that any potential witness or suspect is not being investigated.

MOO
Totally this. The twisted political history of Suffolk County seems in place today. Let's remember the current DA was once on the wrong side of the bad guys and got squeezed out.

To prevent other smoky backroom political shenanigans Tierney has taken the work to the confidential Grand Jury. There's no way to know what's going on -- a very good thing I would think based on the area's history.

Totally this. The twisted political history of Suffolk County seems in place today. Let's remember the current DA was once on the wrong side of the bad guys and got squeezed out.
To prevent other smoky backroom political shenanigans Tierney has taken the work to the confidential Grand Jury. There's no way to know what's going on -- a very good thing I would think based on the area's history.

Taking it to the Grand Jury isn't always a guarantee. Prosecutors have total control of Grand Juries, including who is selected, how the case is presented and which witnesses are called.

Fortunately, we have John Ray uncovering all the information, potential witnesses, etc. and making them public.
The global news media is also focused on this case, as well as social media, so that might help.

Agreed. Atlantic City is a short drive -- too close to say "no way" and leave it at that. Now, the fact that she had the children with her may add some weight to the alibi, but can we rule out babysitters, or leaving them with other family members also visiting, so poor Asa could have some down time? Nope -- don't think that door should be slammed and locked shut.
Massapequa to Atlantic City isn’t a short drive. Google says 150 miles. 3+ hours. So if someone in AC, drives back to Massapequa & back to AC then it’s 6+ hours of driving. Not straight highway, it’s messy getting off LI, then to NJ with bridges & tolls & gas. If the car has EZ pass, or pay by card, then there is evidence. Of course could have done all with cash.
Not sure if we know that she drove w kids. Could have taken bus or train.
Not sure why she would bother going to AC and drive back to do a crime … doesn’t make sense.

What makes more sense is RH telling her to go away, to the seaside. Far enough to give him time.

Last edited:
Massapequa to Atlantic City isn’t a short drive. Google says 150 miles. 3+ hours. So if someone in AC, drives back to Massapequa & back to AC then it’s 6+ hours of driving. Not straight highway, it’s messy getting off LI, then to NJ with bridges & tolls & gas. If the car has EZ pass, or pay by card, then there is evidence. Of course could have done all with cash.
Not sure if we know that she drove w kids. Could have taken bus or train.
Not sure why she would bother going to AC and drive back to do a crime … doesn’t make sense.

What makes more sense is RH telling her to go away, to the seaside. Far enough to give him time.

It’s a different MO though. A trip to Iceland is presumably planned months in advance while directing his family to a weekend of AC fun could have been a more urgent matter. Anyway, we just don’t know enough of rhe facts. I guess it’s the lack of news from the investigation that really triggers speculation.

That and the fact that we don’t know for sure that the investigative house has been cleaned completely.

Do we know, if AE has a driver's license (or her daughter)? I didn't see a pic of her behind the wheel. Would be interesting to know for all the connections, we are assuming would be a possibility.
I'm pretty sure I saw him mentioning at some point (may have been a court deposition from a civil action for prior vehicular matter) that she/AE drove him to the LIRR station, so I think she does have one, right.

Just found the deposition, it notes at some point RH says his wife drove him home on at least one occasion, so right, she's got a license.

Would definitely read the deposition. Among other interesting moments, it's got an extended discussion of RH trying to explain which hand is his predominant hand, which would be of obvious importance if he's involved in crimes where he used (theoretically/MOO) knives or guns.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back