Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Peaches and her baby are very interesting to me (I’ve been thinking about this for days). Specifically how they were found.

First we have Peaches. She was found mutilated and cut up, her body parts scattered in different areas (if I remember right. Please correct me if I am wrong). This tells me that the murderer clearly went to great lengths to make sure she would be harder to identify.

Then we have her baby. The baby was found intact and wrapped in a blanket, but the body was found quite a ways away from her mother. The blanket, in my opinion, tells me that with the baby, the killer had at least a teeny tiny little iota of remorse/guilt (obviously not enough guilt to keep the killer from killing the baby though). But the fact that the baby was buried away from her mother, in my own personal opinion, also seems to suggest cruelty/another way to have some sort of power over the victims by not even having any sort of decency to bury the mother and her child together. It could also be the killer not wanting police to link Peaches and the baby, but if that were the case then I almost feel like he would have buried the baby much further away than he did. If Heuermann is responsible for them, then I wonder if the reason the baby was wrapped up and left intact was because she reminded him of his own daughter, who would have been around the same age as Peaches’ baby.

What are everyone else’s thoughts?
Peaches was likely murdered in 1996. His daughter was born that same year. The toddler most likely would have been older unless there is a reason why she was placed nearer to Valerie Mack. I’ve wondered if Valerie knew Peaches and maybe took care of her child when she went missing.

Peaches was likely murdered in 1996. His daughter was born that same year. The toddler most likely would have been older unless there is a reason why she was placed nearer to Valerie Mack. I’ve wondered if Valerie knew Peaches and maybe took care of her child when she went missing.
Peaches was actually killed late June, 1997.

Her NamUs lists her PMI as 'days' when her torso was found on the 28th. The body was still fleshed, her tattoo clearly visible, hence her moniker.

MOO

If It's his daughter...that's a triple yuck

it would be getting into territory where the horror can't be ranked in degrees. Atrocities are horrific and unspeakable or they aren't.

If Baby Peaches were his daughter, I don't think they would announce their ID's until they were ready to charge Rex with something, or ready to explain how it could be his daughter and yet he not be charged.

I also wonder if his kicks are things that make babies.

MOO
I doubt he'd kill his own flesh and blood

I am going to speculate that his ego is larger than he is.

That he fancied himself a keeper of beautiful women, while massaging a madonna/where complex. I suspect he built " relationships" with some, his favorites. The regulars. Probably represented himself as a networker, benefactor, mentor, "helping" them pay bills, etc. Doughy, wealthy and safe.

If he's responsible for Peaches' death, I suspect they'd had an ongoing arrangement and he may have lured her out, and she felt safe enough to meet him with her toddler in tow. As in, to pick up a paycheck, not to exchange services....

The former SWer's story rings true. He didn't kill every SWer he solicited nor IMO did he kill the repeat SWers every time he saw them. He may have been a garden variety john, nonthreatening, sometimes extravagant (incentivizing ongoing calls) and insodoing expertly lured them into false senses of security. Never imagined he was dangerous, murderous until it was too late.

Wouldn't surprise me to learn he invited them into his home, home life, office, work life. It would build trust. Diffuse fear.

Whoever murdered peaches, the terror she must have felt knowing she's was going to die and couldn't protect her child.... it's just excruciating and unimaginable.

I just hope all his offenses are made known. So these women get justice.

JMO

Last edited:

Her NamUs lists her PMI as 'days' when her torso was found on the 28th. The body was still fleshed, her tattoo clearly visible, hence her moniker.

MOO
Thanks, Idk why I thought she died in 96.
ETA: I confused her dates with Fire Island

Last edited:
Thanks, Idk why I thought she died in 96.
ETA: I confused her dates with Fire Island
Yeah, I figured you had. :) Easy to do, they were from a similar time period and both had partial remains found on Jones Beach in 2011 on the same day (Karen's skull, and partial skeletal remains of Peaches, which I assume included her arms or lower legs because I think that's where her bracelets that match her baby's jewelry were found).

MOO

So Peaches and her baby are very interesting to me (I’ve been thinking about this for days). Specifically how they were found.

First we have Peaches. She was found mutilated and cut up, her body parts scattered in different areas (if I remember right. Please correct me if I am wrong). This tells me that the murderer clearly went to great lengths to make sure she would be harder to identify.

Then we have her baby. The baby was found intact and wrapped in a blanket, but the body was found quite a ways away from her mother. The blanket, in my opinion, tells me that with the baby, the killer had at least a teeny tiny little iota of remorse/guilt (obviously not enough guilt to keep the killer from killing the baby though). But the fact that the baby was buried away from her mother, in my own personal opinion, also seems to suggest cruelty/another way to have some sort of power over the victims by not even having any sort of decency to bury the mother and her child together. It could also be the killer not wanting police to link Peaches and the baby, but if that were the case then I almost feel like he would have buried the baby much further away than he did. If Heuermann is responsible for them, then I wonder if the reason the baby was wrapped up and left intact was because she reminded him of his own daughter, who would have been around the same age as Peaches’ baby.

I agree with your way of thinking. I wonder if the baby was killed and dumped immediately and then Peaches was murdered separately (or even at the same time as her baby) but the killer held onto her body for the dismemberment. Is it possible the murderer thought he was dumping her torso near the baby’s body but didn’t remember exactly where it was?

EDIT: Peaches torso was not dumped at Ocean Pkwy, her torso was found at Hempstead Lake Park and her partial skeletal remains were found along Ocean Pkwy.

Last edited:
I agree with your way of thinking. I wonder if the baby was killed and dumped immediately and then Peaches was murdered separately (or even at the same time as her baby) but the killer held onto her body for the dismemberment. Is it possible the murderer thought he was dumping her torso near the baby’s body but didn’t remember exactly where it was?
Peaches' torso was found nowhere near Cedar Beach, where her baby was left. She was found in a wooded area of Hempstead Lake State Park. This map should show you a pindrop where that is, then you should be able to zoom out to show you just how far from Cedar Beach that is. (Cedar is just up the coast to the right from Gilgo.) Other skeletal parts of Peaches were found on Jones Beach near Karen Vergata's skull in 2011. Jones Beach is to the left of Gilgo.

MOO
I never understood why parts of her were left at Hempstead Lake Park. I’m assuming the tub they were left in was in a trafficked/visible area? Did the killer do this to taunt police? For the thrill of possibly getting caught or the thrill of knowing they weren’t going to find the rest of her for some time, possibly never? It’s just so bizarre to me, the “logic” behind it.

Or the murderer of Peaches and the Child are quite seperate from the remainder (up to three killers responsible for remains along that stretch)????

Was their killer a boyfriend, a husband, an ex etc? If they have identified her and are withholding that could possibly be due to ongoing investigation if they feel it's someone close to her that they do not wish to tip off.

For whatever reason, I'm getting a feeling that Peaches and her daughter were killed by someone close to them. Reminds me of the Sheep's Flat Jane Doe Case, Mary Edith Silvani, where authorities discovered her identity in July 2018 via genetic geneaology, but withheld it pending investigation now that they had a "starting point" and her identity to work with. They then announced her identity in May 2019 along with the news that her killer was deceased (via suicide).
Mary's thread: Identified! - NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

Peaches' torso was found nowhere near Cedar Beach, where her baby was left. She was found in a wooded area of Hempstead Lake State Park. This map should show you a pindrop where that is, then you should be able to zoom out to show you just how far from Cedar Beach that is. (Cedar is just up the coast to the right from Gilgo.) Other skeletal parts of Peaches were found on Jones Beach near Karen Vergata's skull in 2011. Jones Beach is to the left of Gilgo.

@iamshadow ~ thank you. Correct, it was her torso that was in the tub at the park, not Ocean Pkwy

I never understood why parts of her were left at Hempstead Lake Park. I’m assuming the tub they were left in was in a trafficked/visible area? Did the killer do this to taunt police? For the thrill of possibly getting caught or the thrill of knowing they weren’t going to find the rest of her for some time, possibly never? It’s just so bizarre to me, the “logic” behind it.
Jessica Taylor's torso was on top of a pile of scrap wood, having been wrapped in plastic sheeting. Valerie Mack was dumped in garbage bags. Karen Vergata's legs were in a garbage bag. The additional skeletal remains of Peaches were in a plastic bag, too. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that all the remains found quicker, not the stuff found on the beaches after the GB4, were left in areas known for flytipping/illegal garbage dumping. I don't think I've read anything confirming that, but it would make sense.

MOO

If the tattoo artist who said he tattoed peaches is speaking the truth I really find it fascinating how no one has identified her yet. He said she came in with her aunt and her niece and said she was from Long Island or the Bronx, how come they haven’t seen/recognized the tattoo yet? Maybe they don’t live in the area? He also said she claimed she had problems with her boyfriend, didn’t that boyfriend see/recognize her tattoo?

Jessica Taylor's torso was on top of a pile of scrap wood, having been wrapped in plastic sheeting. Valerie Mack was dumped in garbage bags. Karen Vergata's legs were in a garbage bag. The additional skeletal remains of Peaches were in a plastic bag, too. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that all the remains found quicker, not the stuff found on the beaches after the GB4, were left in areas known for flytipping/illegal garbage dumping. I don't think I've read anything confirming that, but it would make sense.

MOO
Talking about these four victims - Karen, Peaches, Valerie, Jessica, made me think of something.

The torsos (excepting Karen's) were left in Manorville and Hempstead. Found relatively quickly.

The heads (excepting Peaches) and Peaches' baby were distributed from Jones to Gilgo to Cedar. All of them. Which makes me wonder, if this is RH (or even if it isn't), the heads were what mattered to him at this stage of his career. Which makes me wonder if Peaches' head is still on that strip of beach - they just haven't found it.

Weren't there a whole bunch of spots IDed that they were told were worth searching? Does anyone have the link to that article? Or was it in The Killing Season? I can't remember where I saw it.

MOO

I have been saying this for years. Maybe I have just sat with this case for so long that I have become immovable on some things, I dunno. But simple logic would tell you that there would be NO reason for RH to dismember and disperse victims, imo. Let's say, for the moment, that he somehow gets a sexual charge out of dismembering. Why bother to scatter them ? There's nothing to connect a random John with a fake name and a burner phone to a sex worker with a made up name and a burner phone. Why would he bother to try to cut out Jessica Taylor's " Remy's Angel " tattoo ? How on earth would that tattoo lead back to him ?

But what do
Or the murderer of Peaches and the Child are quite seperate from the remainder (up to three killers responsible for remains along that stretch)????

Was their killer a boyfriend, a husband, an ex etc? If they have identified her and are withholding that could possibly be due to ongoing investigation if they feel it's someone close to her that they do not wish to tip off.

For whatever reason, I'm getting a feeling that Peaches and her daughter were killed by someone close to them. Reminds me of the Sheep's Flat Jane Doe Case, Mary Edith Silvani, where authorities discovered her identity in July 2018 via genetic geneaology, but withheld it pending investigation now that they had a "starting point" and her identity to work with. They then announced her identity in May 2019 along with the news that her killer was deceased (via suicide).
Mary's thread: Identified! - NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani
Agree.
Dismemberment and plastic tubs, bags are way to get body out of home or apartment and into vehicle in small unsucpicious bundles. Necessity, not ritual.
Different locations because if you dump some parts on one trip, then go to different place next time so you don’t get noticed or caught.
Don’t think these are RH work, because of the Hempstead lake location.
RH wrapping up ladies in stuff looks like it’s for some kind of outdoor activity. RH just looks like he loading tent and stuff in manly avalanche, no one the wiser that some of the stuff is not a tent or fishing rods or telescope. He could have any story for being out there at odd hours-fishing, star gazing, bird watching. “Gee officer, I’m setting up my telescope away from town lights to see stars.” (Not that officers patrol this road).
He knows he won’t be observed on this road late at night because it’s literally road to nowhere except access to beaches. And as been mentioned, could look like a parks service in green truck & could probably blah blah about something to do with land surveying, erosion, bird nesting. Could have loaded ANY objects to his truck from garage and wrapped up not look suspicious.
—- 4 wheel drive access is permitted —- see below tho not sure what were rules circa RH.

Gilgo State Park is located on a barrier beach on the south shore of Long Island, with Atlantic Ocean and Great South Bay frontage. Access to the park is via 4 wheel drive only and requires a permit.The park is a carry in/ carry out facility. Spectacular views and tranquility make this a popular destination. The park is undeveloped. Anglers enjoy surf fishing in the Atlantic Ocean. Fishing is abundant in the fall during the striped bass migration. Anglers may also catch blue fish and a variety of salt-water species. The park is also actively managed for the protection of the piping plover and sea beach amaranth. Stewards monitor the natural resources and provide education to visitors regarding habitat management. Swimming not permitted.

The baby wasn't buried. In fact, none of these bodies were.

Agree.
Dismemberment and plastic tubs, bags are way to get body out of home or apartment and into vehicle in small unsucpicious bundles. Necessity, not ritual.
Different locations because if you dump some parts on one trip, then go to different place next time so you don’t get noticed or caught.
Don’t think these are RH work, because of the Hempstead lake location.
RH wrapping up ladies in stuff looks like it’s for some kind of outdoor activity. RH just looks like he loading tent and stuff in manly avalanche, no one the wiser that some of the stuff is not a tent or fishing rods or telescope. He could have any story for being out there at odd hours-fishing, star gazing, bird watching. “Gee officer, I’m setting up my telescope away from town lights to see stars.” (Not that officers patrol this road).
He knows he won’t be observed on this road late at night because it’s literally road to nowhere except access to beaches. And as been mentioned, could look like a parks service in green truck & could probably blah blah about something to do with land surveying, erosion, bird nesting. Could have loaded ANY objects to his truck from garage and wrapped up not look suspicious.
—- 4 wheel drive access is permitted —- see below tho not sure what were rules circa RH.

Gilgo State Park is located on a barrier beach on the south shore of Long Island, with Atlantic Ocean and Great South Bay frontage. Access to the park is via 4 wheel drive only and requires a permit.The park is a carry in/ carry out facility. Spectacular views and tranquility make this a popular destination. The park is undeveloped. Anglers enjoy surf fishing in the Atlantic Ocean. Fishing is abundant in the fall during the striped bass migration. Anglers may also catch blue fish and a variety of salt-water species. The park is also actively managed for the protection of the piping plover and sea beach amaranth. Stewards monitor the natural resources and provide education to visitors regarding habitat management. Swimming not permitted.

One small anecdote from the predictable press interviews that made me think Rex would enjoy dismemberment.

Didn't one of his colleagues who spoke to the press relate that he seemed to enjoy talking about bear hunting and doing whatever you do do a bear after shooting it. She said Something to the effect that he seemed to enjoy grossing out his audience. Of course, she related this after his arrest...which would have applied a new filter on all of her memories. i think it is credible, though. It Just not might have been what first came to her mind about Rex Heuermann if she were asked before knowing of the arrest.

(Do people eat bears? What is the point of hunting them? Could it be a sport that some would consider animal cruelty?)

That woukd be one little clue that he could enjoy harming dead bodies.

MOO

One small anecdote from the predictable press interviews that made me think Rex would enjoy dismemberment.

Didn't one of his colleagues who spoke to the press relate that he seemed to enjoy talking about bear hunting and doing whatever you do do a bear after shooting it. She said Something to the effect that he seemed to enjoy grossing out his audience. Of course, she related this after his arrest...which would have applied a new filter on all of her memories. i think it is credible, though. It Just not might have been what first came to her mind about Rex Heuermann if she were asked before knowing of the arrest.

(Do people eat bears? What is the point of hunting them? Could it be a sport that some would consider animal cruelty?)

That woukd be one little clue that he could enjoy harming dead bodies.

MOO
Yes bear meat is eaten, the fur is also used. Yes it is a sport that some would consider animal cruelty. Some people are hunters and hunting is their jam...bear, elk, pheasant, turkey, wild boars.....all the same categories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EveryWednesday