Girl called dad 19 times day she died

curves

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
For me there isn't enough evidence to rule this a suicide. I think it's just as likely as she got drunk and thought she was being 'really cool' getting her daughter McDonalds for breakfast and letting her skip school. I can imagine someone in a drunk state wanting to watch a movie in the back of the car but being too intoxicated to remember to turn the car off and then the worst happened.

Whichever the case though, this is so sad and I agree the daughter should not have been left with the mother for a whole week! Such a waste of a life.

chemcopout

Reaction score
sounds like the little girl knew something bad was going to happen and attempted to reach her dad in taiwan on business. if only he had got her calls, maybe this would have been prevented

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie
Don't know if it's intentional or not? BS Of course it was intentional; you don't drink around kids, period. Intentional comes from knowing that bad things happen when parents drink around kids.

Sorry Reality I wasn't speaking to you or anyone specific. The newspaper article questioned whether this was intentional or not, and that's what I was referring to.

No problem...:)

s_finch

Reaction score
Here's MHO from my life's experiences:

Mom was severely depressed and also an alcoholic, that's two serious diseases.
Mom had previously stated she didn't want to live, so we know she was suicidal. Usually mom only had daughter for one day but this time she had her for a week and in her diseased mind this was her chance to 1) end her life and her daughters too, that way she wouldn't have the guilt of leaving her daughter "behind" and not taken care of and/or 2) by ending her daughter's life she would be extracting the ultimate revenge on hubby

As far as deaths go, Mom picked an "easy" way for them to go, though I know that sounds horrible, it's true.

I place blame on both parents with the majority on the dad, he KNEW mom was very ill in the recent past. At the least there should have been a back-up plan in place for his daughter, someone else she could call.

Again, Just MOO