Girl Scouts praised as "wonderful experience" by senior who prospered by its values

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by wfgodot, Feb 22, 2012.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

How Girl Scouts helped her ‘become person I am’ (Chicago Sun-Times)
    In spite of its being then-segregated, its lessons lasted a lifetime:
    Proud organization, one which helps change its times for the better:
    much more at link above

2. Loading...

3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Let's try to concentrate on the overwhelmingly positive image of Scouting which the organization has built up in its one hundred years in existence. That is the purpose of this thread - to celebrate its positive values in the centennial year of its existence.

4. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Robert Baden-Powell, the founder of the Scouting movement, was born 155 years ago today, in 1857.

5. Oriah

Oriah Verified Expert

Girl scouts changed (and continues) to change a lot of lives for the better.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-207_162-2709121.html

I don't even like cookies, but I see the scouts outside Walmart with their troop leaders, and can't help but buy them. I love the diversity, the positive you-can-do-this attitude. :)
    Hey there's always someone who wants a cookie, right?!

6. Herding Cats

Herding Cats New Member

Thin Mints are crack. 'Nuff said.

I see the girl scouts, and absolutely HAVE to purchase the Thin Mint cookies, no matter what else happens. I could be in a 9.0 earthquake, things falling down around me, and I'll save the Thin Mints before any thing/one else.

Other than the evil influence of their Thin Mints, I agree...Scouting in general, and Girl Scouting, is a wonderful, enormously good opportunity. I was involved for a long time in my wild youth, and it was a ball. I can still think back on those meetings, and smile...

Best-
    Herding Cats