Girl Seriously Injured in Swimming Pool Mishap

This is so sad...what a little beauty and fighter she was...

Poor kid :(

I remember reading that surgery for intestinal injury was one of the least survivable kinds of surgery in battlefield hospitals because infection would develop in almost 100% of the cases due to the fact that the digestive bacteria contained in the intestines would invade the abdominal cavity, a case of the body harming itself. Soldiers would succumb to these infections and the ensuing fever rather than from the injury itself, which was sometimes quite minor. Even nowadays in modern surgery wards this kind of surgery is considered extremely risky even for strong adults. She was a tough kid.

My niece is doing okay, thanks for asking. She was heartbroken and riddled with guilt, although she did everything she could. Fortunately the parents were understanding and did not blame her. It was their pool, and they realized that this could have happened even if they were home. There was an investigation and she was completely exonerated by the police and the insurance company, since she was watching them from the pool deck when it happened, so she was not negligent. It took her a long time to get past it, and she still doesn't like to babysit for anyone other than family now.

I am so sorry about your niece!! :blowkiss:

My cousin's daughter was sucked into the pump by her waist length hair as well when she was very young, but her older sister noticed and she was rescued in time. This was a public pool, but the same type of defective pump I believe....we were so lucky.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back