I couldnt' see this story anywhere= http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7539277.stm snips- "A 12-year-old girl who fell 14 floors down a chimney in her apartment block in New York was saved by a pile of soot at the bottom. " "The building's janitor said he was glad he had not had the chimney swept." This is one very lucky girl. She took her cousin up to the rooftop of her building to see the view and climbed a ladder to the top of the chimney and fell in and down 14 STORIES!! Since she landed in the soot I guess, her only serious injury was a dislocated hip.