GUILTY Canada - Amanda Todd, 15, posts anti-bullying video apparently kills herself, 2012 *arrests*

The problem with the anonymously posted claim concerning that guy is that it is an "unfounded allegation" according to the RCMP.

http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/amanda-todd-probe-delayed-by-online-rumours-scams-2
I know who that is and don't feel too sorry for him. He is up on charges relating to other underage girls.(yes, I've seen the court docs) He is now claiming that he was trying to help Amanda. He is blaming 'Viper' for the picture of Amanda that circulated the internet. Viper is another story. He's one bad dude. I know his full name and several of his ID's but won't post it here. I will say that he is 41 years old, married and lives in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

Let Anonymous and the RCMP take care of them as best they can.

I know who that is and don't feel too sorry for him. He is up on charges relating to other underage girls.(yes, I've seen the court docs) He is now claiming that he was trying to help Amanda. He is blaming 'Viper' for the picture of Amanda that circulated the internet. Viper is another story. He's one bad dude. I know his full name and several of his ID's but won't post it here. I will say that he is 41 years old, married and lives in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

Thank you for making that comment about the "alleged" stalker. His response was complete rubbish and a complete weasel in his answer - no responsibility taken at all - just that whining implying he's a "good guy". Carp, absolute carp!

What type of person bullies anyone, let alone a blind girl?

When Molly Burke was 14, she lost her sight.

Her friends abandoned her and she was bullied so mercilessly that she came close to losing all hope.

Burke was at We Day Vancouver Thursday to share her story with a stadium full of youth, parents and educators - and, in a quiet moment, with the parents of Amanda Todd, the Port Coquitlam teen who died last week after enduring years of bullying and harassment, online and off.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Amanda+Todd+family+finds+comfort+support/7414788/story.html

From what I can see of the charges they appear to be stemming from an encounter with one girl, not a bunch of them. If you know his name (which is published on quite a few sites) and then do a search together with "charges", you can find blogs that have the charges listed.

Apparently they are as follows:

Charges:

Information: 196xxx-1
Count: 1
Offence date: 01-Aug-2012
Offense: CCC - 271 sexual assault
Nature: Commit
Accused: xxxxxx, xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx
City of Offence: Surrey BC

Information: 196xxx-1
Count: 2
Offence date: 01-Aug-2012
Offence: CCC - 151 Sexual interference of person under 16 Nature: Commit
Accused: xxxxxx, xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx
City of Offence: Surrey BC

The offence date is the same, so both charges relate to a single incident.

The respective codes for the charges are:

151. Every person who, for a sexual purpose, touches, directly or indirectly, with a part of the body or with an object, any part of the body of a person under the age of 16 years

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than 10 years and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of one year; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and is liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than 18 months and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of 90 days.

and

Sexual assault

271. Everyone who commits a sexual assault is guilty of

(a) an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 10 years and, if the complainant is under the age of 16 years, to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of one year; or

(b) an offence punishable on summary conviction and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 18 months and, if the complainant is under the age of 16 years, to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of 90 days.

So basically he was charged with touching a minor in some sexually related manner.

o/t Here's hoping and praying bullying will no longer be tolerated anywhere. Schools, workplace.....

Enough is enough.

8 girls arrested in London, Ont., bullying case

LONDON, Ont. -- Police in London, Ont., say they have arrested eight girls in connection with a bullying case.

Police say the arrests were made as part of an investigation that revealed a student at a city high school had been the target of physical, emotional and cyber bullying.

The eight suspects are each charged with criminal harassment.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/8-girls-arrested-in-london-ont-bullying-case-1.1001975

I am a big proponent of Internet free speech and I hate to see more legislation (we have enough already).

Having said that Facebook has always struck me as the WORST idea ever for the users, if people didn't feel the need to post their real names and photos on Facebook none of this would have happened. Not the stalking, not the bullying, not the women tracking down posters who made rude comments, none of it.

Facebook will eventually go out of style (though the damage it has done to some won't ever go away) and as far as I am concerned good riddance.

Unfortunately, facebook is not the only source for bullying. We have twitter and other social media sites mostly frequented by teenagers.

I am a big proponent of Internet free speech and I hate to see more legislation (we have enough already).

Having said that Facebook has always struck me as the WORST idea ever for the users, if people didn't feel the need to post their real names and photos on Facebook none of this would have happened. Not the stalking, not the bullying, not the women tracking down posters who made rude comments, none of it.

Facebook will eventually go out of style (though the damage it has done to some won't ever go away) and as far as I am concerned good riddance.

IMO, the stalking was able to continue because their true identity wasn't easily determined. When people are able to remain anonymous through cyber-cloaking, they do all sorts of things they might not do if they could be quicky and easily outed (one of the issues I have with the anonymity provided by our Youth Criminal Justice Act)

I certainly would join you in a big "good riddance" Sonya. If i had my way, we'd go back to the days when we had to phone, write, or sit down and have a good old yak with "real" friends ... fewer maybe, but at least REAL.

From Quebec. RIP Amanda and in memory of all victims of bullying.

th_oie_animated_candle.gif

Photos: Cyberbullied teen Amanda Todd's earlier years

Cyberbullied teen Amanda Todd, whose suicide made headlines around the world, led an active online life. These myspace photos appear to have been posted in 2009.

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Ph...arlier+years/7383592/story.html#ixzz29oMp4Ym6

It breaks my heart (not only as a human, but also as an adult) to consider what Amanda (as merely a child) was dealing with in each and every one of those pics.

:anguish:

My heart breaks too for ANYONE who has suffered the rath of a BULLY - it's so absolutely, down right, tarabully sad!

:grouphug:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/vigils-remember-amanda-todd-and-condemn-bullying-1.1003674

One of the largest gatherings took place at Holland Park in Surrey, B.C., where attendees wore pink in Todd’s memory and where Surrey Mayor Dianne Watts urged others who are similarly being bullied to seek help.

"The death of Amanda Todd is a heart-wrenching case of exploitation, torment and ultimately suicide. No child should feel such pain and helplessness,” Watts said.

“To those are that are still suffering in silence, I want to send one message: that there is help available and that you are not alone. You need to just reach out.”
<bbm>

Sadly, through all her pain and sense of helplessness, Amanda DID reach out ... whatever she needed doesn't seem to have been within reach.

I have to question if, in the 3 years prior to her death, even one individual was ever held accountable for the bullying that was perpetrated. Too little, too late :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back