Girl with dark long hair and fur coat.

This girl is heavier than Ellen and has a different nose.

Another question would be a fur coat in July. Watching the 2020 episode, they referenced the 1977 blackout NYC, just prior to Ellen's disappearance. It was July 13-14, and happened during a brutal heatwave. I checked and the temps on the 15th were well into the 90s.
Sorry, no I don't believe it to be Ellen either. I meant she is the same girl as depicted in the other, more well known pic that was out there. X

Sorry, no I don't believe it to be Ellen either. I meant she is the same girl as depicted in the other, more well known pic that was out there. X

Sorry to be confusing! I was commenting on WildHuncher's collage.

I actually think this young woman looks a bit like many of our collective suggestions, but none of us have found her yet. I think we are all wrong, including the yearbook suggestion early on, but just my opinion.

She looks like a New Yorker doesnt she? I bet its early 70s too and shes in her late teens

In this newly released photo, we can see background. Is anyone able to enhance it so we might be able to compare to other images suspected or known (?) to have been taken in his NY apartment or if it matches other images?

I know I've read somewhere that this young lady is NOT thought to be Pamela Jean Hobley 1969. Does anybody know how/why she was ruled out please? The resemblance is uncanny, the white faux fur coat matches and this latest picture does seem to show the girl having a scar across the bridge of her nose, which would also match up with Pamela description. X

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the original photo was shown to her family. Also, Pamela has brown eyes. This girl very clearly has hazel-green eyes.

Another question would be a fur coat in July. Watching the 2020 episode, they referenced the 1977 blackout NYC, just prior to Ellen's disappearance. It was July 13-14, and happened during a brutal heatwave. I checked and the temps on the 15th were well into the 90s.

Good eye and good point! Definitely an indoor background. Her place or his?

Attachments

• Fur Coat Brightened.jpg
    Fur Coat Brightened.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 40
With her chin exaggerated by the angle and the camera lens, she reminded me more of Mama Cass Elliott than anyone previously proposed. But, agreed, it's the same girl as in the more familiar shot.

Things I learned watching the ABC special: 1) Lori Werts then and now doesn't look like anyone proposed on this site as being her. 2) Alcala has for the past several years been lying invalid in a fly-infested crap-hole of a prison med facility, which makes me feel somewhat better about him not having been executed a long time ago, but only somewhat.

Something the special got wrong: A general discharge from military service is not an honorable discharge.

8 Types of Military Discharge: Benefits & Consequences Explained

Forgot to ask: Do you think there is a reason those photos in particular were featured? Or why a second image of this young woman in the fur coat was released?

I did notice one of the women featured is someone who already contacted you and said she was OK. She left Alcala when a group of hikers came by, etc.

I didn't look through all photos from the show, but it looks like they just released ALL of them again, even though they had already been recognized. I noticed a few others that have already been identified, but were included in the "unidentified" photos. I have absolutely no idea why.

I know I've read somewhere that this young lady is NOT thought to be Pamela Jean Hobley 1969. Does anybody know how/why she was ruled out please? The resemblance is uncanny, the white faux fur coat matches and this latest picture does seem to show the girl having a scar across the bridge of her nose, which would also match up with Pamela description. X
If I remember correctly, she was ruled out by the family of Pamela Jean.

Sorry to be confusing! I was commenting on WildHuncher's collage.

I actually think this young woman looks a bit like many of our collective suggestions, but none of us have found her yet. I think we are all wrong, including the yearbook suggestion early on, but just my opinion.
On the contrary, I have seen the yearbook photo, and the photo is uncanny. It is an almost exact match to the girl in the white coat. I believe that this woman is alive and just wants her privacy.

Perhaps the yearbook photo is younger, and that accounts for what I'm not able to express? There is something in the cheekbones and just overall that feels "not quite" to me. I agree it is very close. I sat here comparing all 3 photos, and it does seem closer than anything else suggested, but something isn't quite right.

Plus her husband saying his wife's eyes are brown, although who knows?

It would be nice if it was her, and all that happened was a strange photo shoot.

For one, Hobley had very dark brown eyes!

I didn't look through all photos from the show, but it looks like they just released ALL of them again, even though they had already been recognized. I noticed a few others that have already been identified, but were included in the "unidentified" photos. I have absolutely no idea why.
Noticed that happening in the past too. On Paul Hole's site for example.

Just finished watching & I thought so too. The footage of the actual crime scenes, and the family members, especially Robin Samsoe's relatives, renewed my interest in combing through NAMUS to see if there is any chance of some overlooked detail that could help.

How brave of Tali Shapiro too. The law enforcement officers description of their interactions made this even more chilling and frankly reading about it was bad enough. So glad you managed to remain safe and I hope more victims and their families find answers.
I search cold cases of any kind. Doesn't need to be a missing person per se.

Good eye and good point! Definitely an indoor background. Her place or his?

There is similar, but not exact, shelving in a few photos. Behind the young woman with headphones:Upload Headphones2.jpg Fur Coat Brightened.jpg

*edited: to be clear I do NOT think these are the same people. I am ONLY trying to figure out the possible location.

Also, I swear I saw a photo of "The Singing Girl With Headphones", not this young woman, but the other, where more shelving was visible? I believe another girl was present in one of the images? I am trying to find it, and not having much luck.

I did find, and bump, an interesting older discussion thread where some photos were possibly "matched" to Alcalas apartments.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle