Girl with red shorts and white top

Discussion in 'Alcala and the Unidentified' started by tut med, Mar 12, 2010.

1. tut med

tut med New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what do you think? first one is from the pictures and the second one is from missing and exploited children's site

2. Loading...

3. tut med

tut med New Member

the second picture is Dorothy Mildred Clitheroe missing date 9/20/73 from Phenix AZ.

4. carbuff

carbuff There but for the grace of God go I

Wow, yeah, those look very close to me.

I guess with just pictures to go from, there aren't any demographics to compare.

5. amandab

amandab New Member

Does Dorothy have any birthmarks noted? The other girl has a noticeable one on her right leg by her knee...

6. carbuff

carbuff There but for the grace of God go I

She has a burn scar on her arm but nothing mentioned on her leg. That could be a bruise -- I used to have marks like that on my thighs all the time back in the days when I played softball.

7. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Moderator

I really think this one (Dorothy Clitheroe) is worth a call-in, tut med. Here is a better side-by side.

[​IMG]

... and here's the Charley Link.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/clitheroe_dorothy.html

Their smiles, eyebrows, and facial expressions are spot-on IMO.

8. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Active Member

There's a striking resemblance there. That's worth notifying the authorities, for sure.

The Email of the detective in charge (Patrick Ellis) is
    pellis@hbpd.org.

The phone number is (714) 375-5066.

9. Sleuthster

Sleuthster New Member

What's her name?

Yes, I think they look alot alike

10. Sleuthster

Sleuthster New Member

[SIZE=+1]DOROTHY MILDRED CLITHEROE[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Age Progression[/SIZE] Case Type: Endangered Missing DOB: Aug 6, 1959Sex: FemaleMissing Date: Sep 20, 1973Race: WhiteAge Now: 50Height: 5'3" (160 cm)Missing City: PHOENIXWeight: 130 lbs (59 kg)Missing State : AZHair Color: BrownMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: BrownCase Number: NCMC942383Circumstances: Dorothy's photo is shown age-progressed to 49 years. She was last seen on September 20, 1973 at Cortez Park in Phoenix, Arizona. She was wearing Levi bell bottom jeans and a white tank top with a pattern of upside down multi-colored teardrop shapes. She wore thick eyeglasses and had pierced ears but it is unknown if she was wearing any jewelry when she disappeared. She may have had the remnants of a "US Steel" scar on one of her forearms from backing into a hot radiator. It is possible only the letter "U" was still visible.

11. punklove

punklove New Member

I wish we knew exactly where the scar was, you can see something on her stomach but its hard to tell if its a scar.

12. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Active Member

Her name is Dorothy Mildred Clitheroe, and she went missing from Arizona in 1973. The first two photos are of Dorothy, and the third (for comparison) is from Alcala's collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. tut med

tut med New Member

I really do think that is Dorothy Mildred Clitheroe. I noticed it yesterday and emailed the detective. I am glad you think so too JoefromLB

14. Billylee

Billylee New Member

If this isn't the same girl, she's got a twin!

15. anthrobones

anthrobones New Member

Wow. Dead on match.

16. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

Did anyone call this in?

17. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Active Member

Yes, "tut med" did and so did I. There are also news reports that Phoenix authorities are looking into a case there matching a photo. I would guess it's Dorothy.

18. mrsc72

mrsc72 New Member

The scar is on a forearm per this:

WOW....

19. Sleuthster

Sleuthster New Member

One of the missing persons that they received a call on was from Phoenix, Az. Dorothy Clitheroe was from Phoenix.

20. reasypeasy

reasypeasy New Member

Didn't the girl in shorts (the picture where the colors were all strange) have a bruise in a similar place on her leg?

21. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

The girl in the engineer shorts (blue and white stripes) in the pic that looks like it has been taken through a red filter has very ugly bruising on both legs. Her right leg has two round marks the size of fists and her left leg has a band of bruising that is quite a few inches long and at least an inch wide. She also has a left ankle that is so swollen looking that it is hard to discern an ankle bone but when I see that same ankle in her other pic it looks normal, so idk. Maybe it was just the way she was standing. (From memory here, apologies if slightly off.) And that is one of two pic's where I believe the subject has writing on her arm, perhaps it says "Alcala" or something. I can see it but can't read it. She is pointing to it even.