Glenn McConnell, SC, clearly does not like his job

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by believe09, Sep 16, 2010.

1. believe09

believe09 Active Member

2. Loading...

3. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

Good grief.

4. believe09

believe09 Active Member

Anyone with an ounce of common sense in public office would have said a resounding NO when given the opportunity to do it.

5. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Wait. These were re-enactors, right? O.K. So, why was the Senator in period costume?

At first I thought he went into one of those places they take your photo in period costume and make it in seipiatone (sic). I'm thinking he brought two black people to pose as slaves?

Looks like one of the re-enactors is defending him.

The only thing worse would have been to have a caucasian dressed in black face dress in slave garb. What was he thinking? Or not thinking?

6. believe09

believe09 Active Member

I think you summed it up nicely-It is almost immaterial what the re-enactor is saying, and I mean that with a great deal of respect.

The dude is a POLITICIAN, and a big one in his neck of the woods. He is supposed to be representing everyone, not pointing out via souvenir photo what life used to be like. Anyone with an ounce of common sense would have declined, and fwiw if I were him I would have sensed the set up. ;)