Granbury, TX Officer Chase Miller Saves Toddler in Distress at KFC

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by Indy Anna, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Active Member

A dash cam video captured at the scene and later posted on YouTube by the city of Granbury shows Miller pulling into the parking lot to find every parent’s worst nightmare playing out: A terrified mother holding her toddler’s limp body as the boy’s father and several other people attempt to revive him.

[video=youtube;LQBUPRXHEHk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQBUPRXHEHk[/video]

[...]

At the scene that night, chances were that Miller’s decisions in the next minute would either save a child’s life or let that life slip through his fingers. Police said the officer remained calm the entire time and even instructed the father on how to take over so he could retrieve a CPR mask from his car.

“He responded exactly like we would hope an officer would respond,” Deputy Granbury Police Chief Jim Marshall said. “He was calm, and I truly believe that his calm demeanor helped stabilize the parents a little bit. At one point, he needed the father to take over chest compressions while he returned to his patrol vehicle.”

Read more at .... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eo-shows-hero-cop-saving-toddler-in-distress/

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Awww. What a cutie. So glad this LEO was in the right place at the right time.

4. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Active Member

Awww, thanks Indy Anna....what a sweet story that made me cry! I read that the hero Officer Miller and his wife are expecting their first child and both families intend to stay in touch. I needed something to lift my spirits today!