Grand Jury True Bills John & Patsy Discussion thread

Whoa....Whoa..

Count VII of Patsy's, I haven't got to John's yet...

Accessory...WHOA!!!

It's been a long time coming...

I am NO expert here but let me get this straight...

The grand jury wanted to charge PR and JR with the same two charges each. Allowing the crime to happen and covering it up, in simple terms.

This raises two points:

1. There's only one way both could reasonably be charged on these two counts, surely. And that's Burke did it. They allowed it. They covered it up.

2. If the Grand Jury didn't think that was the case, I can start to see Hunter's issue with indicting them - how was he supposed to win that case?

This IS disappointing, but as Chelly says, should we be reading between the lines here?

:seeya:Hey DGC-No we don't know what time they will be release
hoping soon!!

:seeya: Hi Syra, and Thanks ! How are ya ?

:drumroll: I'll be here all day waiting . . . :drumroll:

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, the Grand Jury believed BR (or whoever was the initial perpetrator) committed FIRST DEGREE murder -- that this was not an accident, this was planned, intentional, premeditated. That is a whopper to digest. And, then they believe that John and Patsy intentionally -- and with knowledge of the crime committed -- covered up a first degree murder of their daughter together. This is truly mind-blowing. What would lead them to believe it was premeditated?!

I have an appointment at 1:15, so I figure that the documents will be released while I'm in the car on my way to the doctor's office :D

:seeya: Hi Bette, how are ya ?

:scared: And I know what you mean !

SO if I am reading this right and please tell me if I am wrong
the jurors thought their house was a dangerous place(maybe B) for JB and J/P knew it, and they did cover up a crime that someone else committed..

This is HUGE!!

"Two reporters stood outside JonBenet's home Dec. 26, 1996, at the time the coroner's staff brought the child's body out into the cold night and harsh light of an enduring public obsession. I was one of the two. Never did I suspect that 17 years later, the saga would still be unfolding. "

CB

:tyou: for everything Charlie!

I don't usually post on JonBenet's forum because I am not as knowledgeable about the case as most of you are. However, this indictment thing caught my attention. If I understand it correctly, the grand jury returned a true bill of indictment against both parents, and the DA, on his own, decided not to prosecute. I thought a DA had to prosecute with a true bill. If so, can the former DA be brought up on charges of something like obstruction of justice? Just curious.

SO if I am reading this right and please tell me if I am wrong
the jurors thought their house was a dangerous place(maybe B) for JB and J/P knew it, and they did cover up a crime that someone else committed..

This is HUGE!!

I think this is all they could do since they didn't know who did what,which parent covered for the other

the juror told C.Brennan this very same thing IIRC

Oh to be a fly on JR's wall right now!!!!
I don't think he is smirking thats for sure!!

madeleine;9926094
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-t-ramsey-grand-jury-indictment-be?source=rss

The DNA was not available to the grand jury in 1999," said Lin Wood, the Ramseys' attorney. "What we have here is a release of a sliver of the evidence that the grand jury looked at and reviewed. It's just based on incomplete evidence. "

YAWN YAWN YAWN

So who is going to speak for JonBenet and, at the very least refute this DNA
fairytale. All of those talking heads on TV and no one can point out what touch DNA is and how easily it is transferred and that it never, ever exonerated the Ramsey's in anyone's mind except that lunatic Lacey? The same woman who took John MarK Karr seriously?

Honestly. I know Nancy Grace went round the bend awhile back, and besides she is incapable of covering more than one case at a time. So how about Dan Abrams, Jane Velez Mitchell, even Dr Drew for gods sake?

Hell, I 'm so desperate for someone to speak up for JonBenet and the Truth, I'd freakin turn on FOX and watch Geraldo! (Of course I have to first figure out which chanel Fox is on):blushing:

I was afraid this was going to be a big letdown. Still it should be enough for someone to speak up in defense of JonBenet. I know Kolar has tried, as has Steve Thomas, but this needs someone with, at the very least, a cable TV show to really be heard.

Come on Jane? Greta? anyone?

Wonder what BR is doing right now....

John Ramsey will probably appear on HLN evening programs with his trusty attorney at his side. Damage control in the works, I'm sure. :moo:

So they knew that she might die but left her in the situation and then covered it up.What could that mean.

:banghead: So that was it -- after all the hoopla ?

:banghead: WHY do the Ramsey's continue to be protected ? JMO !

:please: for JonBenet !

Child abuse resulting in death and accessory to murder...what was it JR said in his book again? :floorlaugh:

That said, I wonder about the first charge. Were they doing it based on the broken window they knew about but didn't fix - which would allow an intruder to get into the house - the pageants for sexualising her or something else? I'm very curious on this.

Also, these are counts 4 and 7. Where's the rest?!

madeleine;9926101
Wood said he is concerned that the indictment's release will appear to some to be confirmation that the Ramseys killed their daughter, when they have been cleared.

"It's subject to the impression that criminal charges were warranted against the Ramseys

A yeah. Because they were!!

A full examination of the evidence unquestionably exonerates the Ramseys, Wood said

On what planet? Any examination of the available evidence points to someone in that house that night. Period. A little touch DNA is a smokescreen and nothing more. You cannot logically ignore virtually everything else and grab onto one tiny red herring to reach a different conclusion.

"This is inflicting a terrible miscarriage of justice
"

Amen to that, finally something we agree on. The fact that Patsy lived another 10 years a free woman and John has never paid for his part in, at the very least, the cover up is a terrible miscarriage of justice.

I can hear FW right now saying-FINALLY JB..Darlin it is happening..it took 17 yrs,but its here!!!
Fleet-I am sending you a big hug!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back