**GRAPHIC**- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder: ***DISCUSSION OF THE VIDEO ONLY***

Discussion in 'Luka Rocco Magnotta AKA Eric Newman' started by Salem, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunday

Sunday Insidious Menace

Was that the one with the guy and his junk in the meat grinder? I own that! It was eventually released as a part of a box set around '96. Gotta love NIN. ;)

Yes, I know I feel better when I get away from this for 1/2-1 day. But thanks to WS I feel compelled to get on here to keep abreast of the conversation! Trust me, I have very thick skin when it comes to gore. This case is just a trip!

2. joS3ph

joS3ph New Member

While I have not had the opportunity to listen to the actual audio recording, I would have serious doubts as to the "beeping" sound being either an electrocardiogram [EKG] or blood-pressure/heart rate monitor. An intravenous (IV) pump (as used in a clinical/hospital setting) can be ruled out as well. EKG machines and IV pumps are rather expensive and are not readily available to the general public. Patients that have such a device in the home are "prescribed" the device by their attending physician (I have never heard of an EKG machine being provided to a patient at home for any reason). IV pumps are generally prescribed to terminally ill patients (other uses may exist). Once a terminally ill patient expires, the IV pumps are picked up, or returned to the prescribing agency.

While I am not employed in the medical industry, I am familiar with some of the equipment in use due to some early career consultations. Further, I am not one of the Websleuths.com "verified" professionals, but I am an electrical engineer and work in the transportation sector. I possess a B.S.E.E. and have been designing diesel-electric locomotive traction systems (AC/DC) and components for 20+ years.

With that being said, I will listen to, and subsequently analyze the audio recording to see if I can come up with some reasonable explanations for the "beeping" sounds. Once I conclude my examinations, I will be happy to provide my insight into these sounds if anyone is interested. If a moderator is interested in verifying my education, experience and credentials, please contact me via message here.

Thanks!
    Joseph Y.

3. Sunday

Sunday Insidious Menace

This makes perfect sense and explains all of the oddities, such as the sneeze but no camera shake, etc.

4. Sunday

Sunday Insidious Menace

Yes, this seems like it would be a frivilous expense, and for what purpose? I concur.

5. Sunday

Sunday Insidious Menace

It sounds to me like it's right there.

6. joS3ph

joS3ph New Member

Instead of watching the actual stabbing and subsequent dismemberment, has anyone watched the shadows and other areas of the video that are usually ignored by viewers for other clues? If this has been asked previously, I apologize.

Joseph Y.

7. Reannan

Reannan Well-Known Member

Sunday, you are in good company here.... the video was horrible - it had to be...someone was murdered on it!!!! I focus on the fact that someone cares enough to not let it go. I will never forget what LM did.....I will also focus on the pictures of JL's smiling face and the words of his amazing parents. Stay strong.....this is not over yet and we stand united in our desire to seek justice.

8. Sunday

Sunday Insidious Menace

Well, you know, in the beginning of all this I was much more empathetic towards Luka. No doubt he had a F-ed up childhood, suffered abuse, and now suffers mental illness as a result, but hell, my childhood wasn't exactly rosey and I could never commit such a vile act. The more I learn about his life as well as the murder the more apathetic I feel towards him.

9. Jujercu

Jujercu New Member

Yes there is a discussion about this many pages back on this thread. Interesting indeed huh?

10. AudreyRose

AudreyRose New Member

I mentioned earlier that I thought it to be very plausibe that LM snuck a shot of his own naked, bound body into the video. I think that's JUST the kind of thing that would get LM off, hundreds of thousands of people unknowingly looking at his naked body. Of course, that begs the question how he got tied up...did JL do it, thinking they were just in for some consensual fun? Was it footage taken from another date/time? It's true that initially, many many people said the tied up body didn't look Asian (how a body "looks" Asian, I don't know...but people said it). I agree that the body structure looks much different at the beginning of the film than what's seen later on...but could that be rigor mortis setting in? I'm not sure how long that process takes.

11. AudreyRose

AudreyRose New Member

Thanks for being so open and honest, Sunday. I hear you on all accounts. I haven't even watched the video and it's affected me pretty deeply. Just the stills that I saw caused me to have nightmares and many sleepless nights. My partner even had a personal connection to LM, so when he was on the run I thought I'd never sleep again. It's made me question my beliefs about the death penalty and the human race as a whole. He's ruined "True Faith" for me as a song and I don't think I'll ever be able to watch American Psycho again (despite owning it). But all that being said, I too can't stop myself from delving deeper into the mystery that is Eric Newman. It's fascinating in the worst way possible.

12. Jujercu

Jujercu New Member

Yes I have...you notice many times the hand strap front the camera. There are other minor things. I have full notes on the video that I need type up. I did it back when it was the general discussion thread and it was frowned upon to talk in too much detail about the video there...since we have this dedicated thread now I can post...will try to in the next few days.

13. joS3ph

joS3ph New Member

I certainly look forward to reading your transcribed notes.

14. Jujercu

Jujercu New Member

I have been able to watch it without any issues. Yes ...at first I had to wonder if there was something wrong with me. But after having a great discussion with someone in the medical field I feel better about it. I see it very clinically ..if that makes sense. When I watch it I dont allow my emotions to watch it...just the part of me taking notes and looking for clues and out of the ordinary stuff. I have seen a lot of dead bodies, and I guess I am just desensitized to it. don't think for one moment that I don't feel for JL or his family. Personally intake a few minutes to let my emotions connect with JL and the horror he went through after each time I have seen it...except for the first when everyone still thought it fake. I don't think if you are watching it trying to help figure out things that you are disrespecting JL. Actually..if I get killed and someone videos it and posts it...PLEASE START A THREAD TO DISCUSS IT. PLEASE watch it again and again until you can bring justice to who did it to me...and if it were to happen to a loved one of mine...then PLEASE watch it and figure out what happened because then...I wouldn't be able to watch it.

Furthermore. If LE is NOT watching this forum then shame on them for wasting a wonderful FREE resource. I am sure there is much of this that they are way ahead of us on..and that we have no clue about ...but as far as all these intelligent minds thinking about things they may not have picked up on....they really should be checking over these forums just to make sure they have thought of everything we have. It won't be the first time web sleuths have helped solve a crime..

15. thedissent

thedissent New Member

Thanks mrs hunt.

Unfortunately, I've looked at the video and I'm still convinced it's Jun Lin tied up. As one of the comments to the video points out (so it's not just me!) the close up of the nose in the video shows the nose to be wide and somewhat hooked down (like JL) and not narrow and turned up, like LRM's pointed snooty nose (ha, ha). The toe shots are entirely unclear-- I don't even know what point the video is trying to make about them. Finally, the "chest" shots are misleading, because when you are laying on your back, your pectoral muscles are stretched out, and therefore not really visible.

After watching the video, I'm just as convinced it is JL, perhaps even moreso. Not really the intended result for the video maker!

16. Shimmers

Shimmers New Member

* replies to the bolded quotes *

1) Sorry if i'm a bit nosie-rosie, but may i ask what kind of conncection there was? I totally understand if you don't want to share it though...

2) I guess one can say: he is our personal brand of heroin ( i just a quote from a vampiere, guess which one ;) )

17. AudreyRose

AudreyRose New Member

Well, my partner is an aspiring actor and I'm involved with some of the behind the scenes aspects of independent films. About 2 years ago, a director that myelf and my partner has worked with in the past began casting for a leading role in a series of short films about serial killers. LM submitted a headshot and application for the role and became quite pushy with the director about getting an audition. The director found him to be a bit "off" and didn't give him the chance to audition. My partner ended up landing the role LM wanted. I know TONS of people have connections to LM, but it really freaked me out. The thought that he probably watched that series (which was pretty dark) and watched my partner is unsettling. And when LM was on the run, I was terrified he'd come and get revenge on my partner for stealing his role, lol. Crazy, I know - but in the early stages of this case, my mind was all over the place.

18. italianWSfan

italianWSfan Member

Thank you for sharing this!
    I can understand that you were terrified!
    Imagine me living in Italy, being completely unrelated to LM, I was scared too (when he was on the run) just because I have 2 kitten at home! Lol :floorlaugh:
    And my husband was in Switzerland only 3 miles away of the border to France, the night when it was reported LM being in France. I called him very late in the evening, just to see if he is alright!

19. Sunday

Sunday Insidious Menace

Keep in mind that this is the same person who has videos showing that Luka is a "shape shifter" and apparently some visible demons in photos/videos of him.

20. HastingsChi

HastingsChi Well-Known Member

Who are you referring to?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.