**GRAPHIC**- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder: ***DISCUSSION OF THE VIDEO ONLY***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever suffered from withdrawal? Also, pock marks are much different from random scarring associated w/picking w/drug use.

Nope, never been through withdrawl - but I've experienced people who have. I'm aware of the differences between pock marks and scarring from drug use -that's kind of what I was trying to point out. Google facial scarring from meth and you'll see the scars can look similar to what we see in LM's mugshot. I'm not claiming to know 100% that LM was a drug user, but his ex (Nina Aresenault) has said he was and it's my own opinion that his behaviour is reflective of addicts.

------ and that's the last I'll say on the subject, before the "off topic" police come and nab me :slap:

Hey guys I know this should be posted in the other thread but I want to say that I totally agree with thedissent that LM current appereance probably did affect quite a lot of his behaviour/actions. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some of us will say he is gorgeous others ugly, young or old but let's face it when we look at that video of him arriving in Canada or the mugshot he doesn't look as handsome like in the past, his chances of making big just by his looks alone would be very small now, don't you think?

I mean he got rejected several times when he was younger and fresh, it would be much harder to get any modelling job or *advertiser censored* movie role solely based on his current look. Body image careers are very cruel and competitive, those people are discarded and replaced quickly like chess pieces and Luka knew he was doomed, he never made it big.

Yes he still doesn't look hideous like other killers (maybe that is why he has fans!) but hey he is not model material anymore, he looked angry and lifeless in his last photoshoot published in the Macleans mag. Time was running out for him, the killvideo was his last shot. He even wrote in the rip-off report that 'beauty fades, evil is forever'.

Overall I agree. I would just like to add, that LM never really had any...NONE...real success with modeling. He never made it BIG or SMALL! He had the one "fabboy" photo which to my understanding wasn't so hard to get. I doubt he even got paid for it. Whether at age 19 or 29, his busy modeling career did not exist. Nearly all of his "modeling" was him having others take pictures of him in "model-like" photos. None of those photos were from paying agencies/companies seeking to represent him or have him "model" their goods. He never had a professional modeling contract. Apparently it took him 10 years or so to finally get the message that there was no hope for him as a model. He was aging out and either was a very slow learner or just could no longer maintain his own delusion with no tangible success.

IMO, it took years to develop into the monster he became. As the years ticked by without manifesting his entitled modeling success, he apparently began grooming the darker psychopathic side to himself. The prostitution, stripping, *advertiser censored*, fixations with Holmolka/other killers. LM became the beast he fed. Mentally he created within himself a toxic psychological dump....filled with digust, rage, childhood damage, projected anger at society, self-hatred, low self-esteem, disrespect towards himself and others, alienation.....and it goes on and on. The beast feasted and gorged on these and like an addiction it spun out of control.

In those pictures taken in London, he looked very skinny, almost unhealthy skinny. Look at his jawline, it's almost looking like he is underfed ( thinking of peeps with anorexia, and im NOT claiming that he has that ). In other pictures he has a more plumpier face ( those on the balcony with his white sunglasses and jacket, and his black jacket and white head picture ) and his jaw doesn't look that predruding. He hasn't got the bodytype to beef up like Hulk Hogan, but i think when he did gain weight, it showed the most in his face.

I think the pic from interpol is a bit adjusted, he has a much wider face there, then in other shots of him. Although that same pic shows that he didn't had a flawless skin either. The latest mugshot tough shows also no flawless skin. Some could be acne scars, some could be freckles or even some drug abuse spots. But i have noticed on some other photo's of him that he has those 2 distinct marks near his left eye ( right to us ) as can be seen in the German mugshot. sorry but can't recall which one, but i do remembered it, because i thought, hmmmmm could this be freckles? When overlighting a picture, freckles can be somewhat fade/become invisible. I know so, i have a lot of freckles on my nose and cheeks.

Lm is the same age as me ( although 5 months and 1 day older then me ) so i look to his mugshot in comparisson to my naked face. He doesn't look aged as in " he looks 40", but he looks 30ish, but extremely tired or faded out, which makes him appear older than then i actually is. I don't see any wrinkles around his mouth and very little around the eyes ( if any ). That maybe is from the alleged eye surgery he has had and that sort-off botox treatment he also claimed to have done. Basicly he looks weared out. When the complexion of a face isn't smooth or even in color, you automaticly look older ( my exp ). I have the same red areas on my face as LM, also the same shiny ones, but i have zero to very little wrinkles ( around the eyes ). When taking poor care of the skin, those area's will become more red and more shiny, think of poor diet, lack of sleep, stress, sleeping with make up on.

Where's the acne? He has a few pock marks but I am not seeing bad skin at all. I know y'all love to hate him but c'mon. I am about to challenge everyone else here 30+yo to post an un-photoshopped pic and allow us to critique it. Just curious to see what everyone has to say...

I didn't notice acne or pock marks, either. It did look like he had some scarring from perhaps a facial peel, and his skin tone was uneven. Maybe it's my monitor. It's pretty old. I did live in an area once where there was a lot of Meth use, and, oh my gosh. Their faces were sooo bad. We used to call it the "picky disease." LM's face looks great in comparison.

I just got done reviewing a last video of Ted Bundy posted on another thread. In it he describes that the few days after commiting his crimes he would go through a sort of return to increased conciousness and feelings of horror of what he had done. I personally don't think LM was going through withdrawal symptoms, although I do think he could have still been under the influence of something on that plane. When he boarded that plane, he had just mailed out horrific parcels to government officials, left behind an apt containing a nightmare crime scene, thrown out a torso, place a head in a park, disposed of a dog and edited/posted a video of his "masterpiece" to fame. He was leaving behind the life he once knew. He knew his time was limited and that his freedom would end. Even though he did what he did in part to achieve infamy, the only way he could do so was to pay the price of his freedom. So perhaps he was having a more lucid moment of impact and horror of what he had done for fame, and severe price he'd pay soon.

I think this is spot on. There's actually a word for it in criminal profiling, but I can't remember it for the life of me. It basically means, "falling apart." I've read about murderers doing this quite often especially after a first murder.

I think this is spot on. There's actually a word for it in criminal profiling, but I can't remember it for the life of me. It basically means, "falling apart." I've read about murderers doing this quite often especially after a first murder.

Psychotic break?

I don't know if there is a suitable thread for this question but whilst we are talking of LM's looks etc, do all psychopaths have those eyes that stare through everything? such as in the photo from London, the shot took from the side as an example, it's very unnerving.

His eyes probably looked a lot different during his normal everyday life. But when he was angry with someone that psycho look took over. Even so, his eyes are surprisingly emotive in a lot of his photos, even in the mugshot pics where he is obviously unhappy. I've seen much creepier eyes before. The way that (the abused girl with the attachment disorder) Beth's eyes look in the interview footage we've watched, is what I'd expect a psychotic person's eyes to look like while they are hunting a victim or killing. One of the unnerving things about Luka is that there is something about him that seems human as if one should identify with him. It's the same way I feel when I look at pics of Jeffrey Dahlmer. He mostly looked harmless, which is baffling to me.

I don't know if there is a suitable thread for this question but whilst we are talking of LM's looks etc, do all psychopaths have those eyes that stare through everything? such as in the photo from London, the shot took from the side as an example, it's very unnerving.

In those pictures taken in London, he looked very skinny, almost unhealthy skinny. Look at his jawline, it's almost looking like he is underfed ( thinking of peeps with anorexia, and im NOT claiming that he has that ). In other pictures he has a more plumpier face ( those on the balcony with his white sunglasses and jacket, and his black jacket and white head picture ) and his jaw doesn't look that predruding. He hasn't got the bodytype to beef up like Hulk Hogan, but i think when he did gain weight, it showed the most in his face.

I think the pic from interpol is a bit adjusted, he has a much wider face there, then in other shots of him. Although that same pic shows that he didn't had a flawless skin either. The latest mugshot tough shows also no flawless skin. Some could be acne scars, some could be freckles or even some drug abuse spots. But i have noticed on some other photo's of him that he has those 2 distinct marks near his left eye ( right to us ) as can be seen in the German mugshot. sorry but can't recall which one, but i do remembered it, because i thought, hmmmmm could this be freckles? When overlighting a picture, freckles can be somewhat fade/become invisible. I know so, i have a lot of freckles on my nose and cheeks.

Lm is the same age as me ( although 5 months and 1 day older then me ) so i look to his mugshot in comparisson to my naked face. He doesn't look aged as in " he looks 40", but he looks 30ish, but extremely tired or faded out, which makes him appear older than then i actually is. I don't see any wrinkles around his mouth and very little around the eyes ( if any ). That maybe is from the alleged eye surgery he has had and that sort-off botox treatment he also claimed to have done. Basicly he looks weared out. When the complexion of a face isn't smooth or even in color, you automaticly look older ( my exp ). I have the same red areas on my face as LM, also the same shiny ones, but i have zero to very little wrinkles ( around the eyes ). When taking poor care of the skin, those area's will become more red and more shiny, think of poor diet, lack of sleep, stress, sleeping with make up on.
I agree. In his mug shots he looks as if he has been crying - look at his eyes. He may have just been super tired, which probably has a similar effect.

I'm very thin. I have had a seriously difficult time gaining weight since I was about 19, and I am now 43. I have never done any type of drug, unless you count alcohol. And even with my 2 glasses of beer or wine a night (I'm a lightweight) it doesn't help me keep on weight. The only thing that works is excessive eating coupled with excessive weight bearing exercise. When I am stressed I instantly get super skinny - to the point where doctors have asked me if I was anorexic or on drugs. It is SERIOUSLY bothersome and offensive because I can't seem to do anything about it. I tell people all the time that it's just as bad to be too skinny as too fat in terms of self esteem and they just blow me off as if being obese is more damaging to your self esteem.

One of my friend's sons is 18, about 5'9" tall, 120lbs and can wear size zero girls jeans. He eats more fat and fast food than anyone I have ever met, but the poor kid is a skeleton! Apparently, all the men on his dad's side of the family were like that when they were young. You'd be blown away at how narrow and lanky this kid is. And he is 100% straight edge and adamently opposed to drugs or alcohol.

I guess my point is that it's very likely that LM just has a slight frame, and just because he is skinnier than average is NO indication that he was on drugs. If there were other signs I'd be more inclined to consider the possibility. I know we all want to think he must have been on something to have committed such a horrific crime, but I, too, am sad to say that it's probably not the case.

I think we have all given up on why he chose the particular locales to mail the body parts. If anything deserves sleuthing, it's this. Has anything come up with anything at all? Luka didn't appear to be politically motivated in any of his rants, and I don't think we have come up with any solid theories regarding connections to Vancouver. To me, this is the largest missing piece or the puzzle. I sure wish someone with a big mouth had access to those notes! ;)

It seems to me that Luka simply wanted attention and knew that sending packages to governmental locations and schools would grant him just that. If he did have some sort of message overall it might be the one about sexuality being condemned while violence is glorified by society. That was posted on a message board by what many believe to be a sock puppet account of Luka's. Just hypothesizing here, but maybe he felt like his homosexuality was not accepted and felt like addressing this. And maybe he felt guilty about being into violent *advertiser censored*. So his message would be that society accepts most violence but just not sexual violence. See how this would absolve him in his own mind?

It's the sort of reasoning and approach that the Zodiac killer seemed to have--half bigotry, half wounded idealism, but really trying to get attention in order to give the middle finger to as much of the world as possible.

I agree. In his mug shots he looks as if he has been crying - look at his eyes. He may have just been super tired, which probably has a similar effect.

I'm very thin. I have had a seriously difficult time gaining weight since I was about 19, and I am now 43. I have never done any type of drug, unless you count alcohol. And even with my 2 glasses of beer or wine a night (I'm a lightweight) it doesn't help me keep on weight. The only thing that works is excessive eating coupled with excessive weight bearing exercise. When I am stressed I instantly get super skinny - to the point where doctors have asked me if I was anorexic or on drugs. It is SERIOUSLY bothersome and offensive because I can't seem to do anything about it. I tell people all the time that it's just as bad to be too skinny as too fat in terms of self esteem and they just blow me off as if being obese is more damaging to your self esteem.

One of my friend's sons is 18, about 5'9" tall, 120lbs and can wear size zero girls jeans. He eats more fat and fast food than anyone I have ever met, but the poor kid is a skeleton! Apparently, all the men on his dad's side of the family were like that when they were young. You'd be blown away at how narrow and lanky this kid is. And he is 100% straight edge and adamently opposed to drugs or alcohol.

I guess my point is that it's very likely that LM just has a slight frame, and just because he is skinnier than average is NO indication that he was on drugs. If there were other signs I'd be more inclined to consider the possibility. I know we all want to think he must have been on something to have committed such a horrific crime, but I, too, am sad to say that it's probably not the case.

I think we have all given up on why he chose the particular locales to mail the body parts. If anything deserves sleuthing, it's this. Has anything come up with anything at all? Luka didn't appear to be politically motivated in any of his rants, and I don't think we have come up with any solid theories regarding connections to Vancouver. To me, this is the largest missing piece or the puzzle. I sure wish someone with a big mouth had access to those notes! ;)

RE: LM's body weight

IMO, I haven't "ruled out" the possibility of an eating disorder. If I were assessing him it is certainly an area I would be examining and looking at. LM likely has some combination of personality disorders and having an eating disorder would not be uncommon in such situations. In one of the audition video's LM says he'd be "nothing" without his body. He certainly went to EXTREME lengths to hold onto or maximize his looks by getting plastic surgery and hair transplants...so going to extreme lengths to maintain/manage his waif appearance could also be present. Additionally, it's not unusally for persons who have been sexually abused to have increased risks for eating disorders. If (and that's a big if) his self-reports of childhood sexual abuse are true, it would be an added risk factor for eating disorders.

I am sorry to hear your story and i didn't mean to offend you in any way ( if you felt attacked by me )!! Same as being overweight, people with underweight can be serious business. But unfortunatly our society think that thin is the way to go and quicky discards the problems of gaining weight, i.o.w oooh you're thin, don't complain!. ( you may have some of my fat, im happy to share it with you hahaha ;) )
I don't believe he was a hardcore drug user either. If he used any, then it was recreational and from that alone you don't get poor skin.( only dried up mouth and chewed up inner cheeks ).

To why he send the bodyparts to all those places is idd a mystery. To the gouverment i can to some level comprehand, but the schools.... To me it sounds it was not just a random pick. I can think of some things, but that would be speculating and nothing solid. But somewhere in my head a little voice says that those school were chosen for a reason and not at random. As i stated before somewhere on this forum, we overestimate him in some areas and underestimate him in others.

As for the comment somewhere above regarding eyes and psychopaths... I've seen the flaming rage of a person who isn't mentally stable. He has mechalomanic tendensies and also psychopathic tendensies and believe me it isn't a pretty sight to have someone in front of you burst out like that.

Sources tell QMI Agency the long-form video contains no music, unlike the one posted to the Internet. It also includes all of the background noise in the apartment as a man, believed to be Lin, is stabbed to death with an ice pick and methodically cut to pieces.

This makes me a bit confused, no music at all?
I've been reading this thread because I didn't watch the killvideo, I thought the New Order song was played while the murder took place and it could be heard in the background with a low volume almost like ambient sound. But besides this 'far away' distant True Faith track, there is another louder clean one mixed / overlayed on top of that ambient sounding one. Something like 2 audio channels in the edited video, the same song with different audio volume and a bit out of synch. This is what I understood from reading the graphic description of the video. (forgive me if this sounds confusing, I don't know how to explain but you get an idea!)

Anyway If they have a raw version of the video with absolute no music at all, only background sounds like stabbings, walking, dog bark, cough, sniffing, etc this means that Luka didn't play True Faith while he was killing and dismembering, right? So no loud music was played to distract the neighbours and disguise the killing sounds. All the music was added afterwards when the video was edited. Do I make sense? can any expert give me some insight here? sorry for being annoying! TIA

I've been reading this thread because I didn't watch the killvideo, I thought the New Order song was played while the murder took place and it could be heard in the background with a low volume almost like ambient sound. But besides this 'far away' distant True Faith track, there is another louder clean one mixed / overlayed on top of that ambient sounding one. Something like 2 audio channels in the edited video, the same song with different audio volume and a bit out of synch. This is what I understood from reading the graphic description of the video. (forgive me if this sounds confusing, I don't know how to explain but you get an idea!)

Anyway If they have a raw version of the video with absolute no music at all, only background sounds like stabbings, walking, dog bark, cough, sniffing, etc this means that Luka didn't play True Faith while he was killing and dismembering, right? So no loud music was played to distract the neighbours and disguise the killing sounds. All the music was added afterwards when the video was edited. Do I make sense? can any expert give me some insight here? sorry for being annoying! TIA
I don't read that to mean that the music was't played in the room, just that there was no track over it.

Just wanted to point out that playing loud music can attract neighbor attention just as much as it cover up noises in the apt. Was there really that much noise in the killing & dismembering? Its not like JL knew or had the chance to fight for his life. He likely was drugged and his throat slit...bleeding out to his death. Additionally, its not like LM used a chain saw to dismember him.

Just wanted to point out that playing loud music can attract neighbor attention just as much as it cover up noises in the apt. Was there really that much noise in the killing & dismembering? Its not like JL knew or had the chance to fight for his life. He likely was drugged and his throat slit...bleeding out to his death. Additionally, its not like LM used a chain saw to dismember him.

This just made me wonder...what WOULD Magnotta have done if someone DID come to the door? Not answer I suppose? I lived in a large apartment building with an intercom system, but I still got randoms knocking on my door all the time.

A question: Was LM's clothing in the video visibly blood stained? (I haven't watched the video)

[snip]

I think we are finding it hard to find a Vancouver connection for LRM, because we're not thinking like LRM thinks. Something about Vancouver that seems obvious to him, may not to us.

Here's my simple theory about why LRM sent the body parts to Vancouver -- to associate himself with certain gruesome crimes there.

Let me explain. We know LRM was looking for shock and attention with this crime. And also, created posts online suggesting he was a "serial killer", as if he had done prior killings. Moreover, LRM's online ramblings and anonymous posting had a habit of trying to connect him to other murders and crimes (like animal torture).

Exhibit A - in the RipOff Report LRM filed on the day of the Murder against himself ("Luka Rocco Magnotta"), the second "comment" that LRM made to his own report explicitly linked himself to a "serial kitten killer" in Vancouver: http://www.ripoffreport.com/bars-lo...sexu/luka-magnotta-bisexual-male-mo-81e0c.htm

News Story on the Kitten Killer: http://www.vancouversun.com/life/killer+prowls+Maple+Ridge/5425078/story.html (from 2011)

Exihibit B - Now, we also know LRM is obsessed with serial murders and other gruesome crimes.

A few years back, in 2008, a story that caught the entire country's attention was that body parts started washing up on shore in Vancouver. Severed feet kept being found, and no one knows where they came from, or who was doing the dismembering.

Story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7458468.stm (from 2008)
Apparently, human feet keep washing ashore: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/why-are-human-feet-still-washing-ashore-in-the-vancouver-area/ (2011)

We can't seem to find an obvious LRM connection to Vancouver to justify sending JL's severed "foot" and "Hand" to those Vancouver schools.

But perhaps to LRM-- in his mind, which is obsessed with gruesome murder, crimes, and animal cruelty-- Vancouver makes a whole lot of sense given these crimes (or potential crimes, in the human feet case). It seems like old news to us. But to him, he probably was feverishly thinking that he'd immediately be associated with these other crimes. To a certain extent, he was right, as police in Miami and LA both probed for a "potential" LRM link to local crimes, to no avail.

I realize this is speculative. And I don't think LRM had any real connection to those crimes. But it's certainly his MO to try to connect himself to other crimes, to gain greater attention and shock value.

UPDATE (EDIT)

Just a later thought to add another element to this theory, which came to me in re-examining the RipOff Report Comment where LRM links himself to the "Vancouver Cat Killer".

In that comment, he also points out that Vancouver is "close to San Fransisco (sic)" and that, "[Magnotta] lives in San Fransisco (sic) Vancouver would be the closest major city for him, and Canada used to be his home".

So, sending body parts to Vancouver may also be an attempt at misdirection and disinformation; to not only associate himself with crimes in Vancouver, but also pretend he's on the West Coast.

This, presumably, would be a poor attempt at misdirection, given that the mailed packages would be stamped as being mailed from Montreal, would they not?

Don't know where to ask this, but could someone please direct me to the pic that LRM had on one of his sites ... it was a "sensitive looking", blonde boy (teen perhaps) wearing a santa hat. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288